Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227566
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310589
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Biostar NF520-A2 6.0 CPU Microcode Update Request
#1
I want to say thanks in advance for any advice or help you guys might be able to provide.

I was running an Intel board with an E7200 for a while, and then finally concluded that the board was the reason for all of my random shutdowns, reboots, slowdowns, etc. So I am back to using my old Biostar NF520-A2 6.0 board with an Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8ghz. It is a decent setup, but I would really like to upgrade to a quad-core. Biostar's last BIOS update that added CPU support was in 07 for this board, and it did not add support for any Phenoms. In short, I would like to request a modded BIOS that incorporates support for the latest and greatest Phenom IIs, even if the hardware limitation of the NF520-A2 would keep me at 95w CPUs (or even at 65ws).

Here are the links to the BIOS files:
Biostar NF520-A2 6.0 BIOS files - this is the board I have.

Here is a link to the NF520-A2 TE 6.0 that uses the 520 chipset as well and looks identical to my board.

Any help is welcome. I don't want to go through a mobo upgrade right now but if I cannot get any Phenom support on this board I will have to consider it. Thanks again, and I look forward to your help.
find
quote
#2
Well theres no guarantee that this is going to work but heres your bios with an upraded AGESACPU module and the latest phenom II microcodes imported from another board. I modded the biostar bios dated 2009 (Beta). I used the microcode from a gigabyte motherboard. Supported CPUs if this is a success can be found at http://www.gigabyte.com/support-download...x?pid=3342

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Biostar%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Wow, that was quick! I will hopefully have a Phenom in my hands in a couple of days and I'll give this a go. Thanks in advance, and hopefully I will have good news to report, and donations to give! :-)
find
quote
#4
Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree on this CPU mod. This bios is not using the newer award architecture, it is NOT using non compressed microcode and there is no MEMINIT module, which means upgrading agesa and the microcode will probably do little in the way of getting a Phenom to boot.

I also know that even though these modules aren't present, some boards have "inner" CPU code written in the bootblock, which means 1234s282's mod might work for you. The best thing to do though is to first test the CPU with the latest BIOS from biostar, and report your findings so we can look it over.

Thank You,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
(06-18-2010, 11:02 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree on this CPU mod. This bios is not using the newer award architecture, it is NOT using non compressed microcode and there is no MEMINIT module, which means upgrading agesa and the microcode will probably do little in the way of getting a Phenom to boot.

I also know that even though these modules aren't present, some boards have "inner" CPU code written in the bootblock, which means 1234s282's mod might work for you. The best thing to do though is to first test the CPU with the latest BIOS from biostar, and report your findings so we can look it over.

Thank You,
TheWiz

Thanks for the reply TheWiz. I tested the Phenom with the latest Biostar BIOS and got no boot. Power on, fans spinning, but nothing on the screen. I think I am going to go ahead and try the modded BIOS. I would love to get this Phenom going. I can hotflash if I have to.
Ok, just flashed the modded BIOS and no go. The board will still not boot with the Phenom, and with the modded BIOS I can't get into Windows 7. It blue screens and complains about the board not supporting ACPI.
find
quote
#6
OK try it, but you may want to get a spare chip ready in case because like i said this BIOS is giving me a gut feeling that it needs the updated binary, but good luck Smile
www find
quote
#7
Hey TheWiz, I posted already that I gave it a go. I guess my post got automerged. No go with booting using the Phenom after the modded BIOS. I got an ACPI bluescreen trying to boot into Windows 7 with the modded version, but easily restored using a bootable USB drive.
find
quote
#8
OK sorry didn't see tht. I'll brainstorm and post tommorow Smile

TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
Thanks!
find
quote
#10
Any thoughts on this TheWiz? Am I just stuck? I have an ECS 7050M-M that may be moddable... but unfortunately it's micro ATX and can only take 2 sticks of DDR2. Thanks again.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)