Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Bricked Cq60-211dx
#1
I flashed the modded bios from your forum. It worked. I changed a setting in the bios and now no post. I have tried clearing the cmos by removing the battery for over 24 hours(the button cell). This did not work. I have attempted the inside flash recovery listed on this forum. andys tool says recovery names b.bin and c.bin. It will not reflash. I have tried the wincris method still no flash. My flash stick is a 16 gb sandisk ultra. I have formatted it to fat 32 still no flash. I have also partitioned it with a 682mb partition formatted to fat16 still no flash. After holding the windows and B keys while powering on my hard drive light blinks the same pattern over and over. I removed the memory from the machine and powered on, this provided a flashing caps loc and num lock lights. I am at my wits end, I have tried the b.bin the c.bin the 360b.bin. Did I ruin this thing or is there any hope? Any help will be amazing. Thanks in advance
find
quote
#2
I have also tried the uefi tool method posted on donovans guide. That also failed.
find
quote
#3
Ok i burned the files to a cd, b.bin c.bin and 360b.bin. windows b makes my pc poll the cdrom every few seconds. I'm positive i just need the right file name can anyone help?
find
quote
#4
Finally i recovered it. You have to put your system board ID in there with .bin after it, or with a zero in front of it either 3612.bin or 03612.bin. finally the computer started short beeping and i'm back in business. good greif.
find
quote
#5
I had not time to reply before !
You make a good work and TTAV134 posted It too so many thanks
for your report my friend and good work !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#6
No problem at all. I noticed a few posts on a google search of other sites that people with similar models to mine were unable to recover their bios. I wish we could reach out to them to show them this. BTW I reflashed the modded bios and am loving a few of the settings I am able to change, namely the pci latency timer and being able to modify the allocation of system memory to video memory. I'm sure further analysis will yield more performance out of this machine. So far I have installed 4gb of ram, a t7700 processor and a 128gb sata ssd. This little laptop is proving to still be quite useful and fast. Thanks for having a forum like this. I may post a request to change the boot splash image, but first I may attempt this modification myself. Many thanks!
find
quote
#7
Ok many thanks for your compliments to us and thanks for report !
You are welcome and can ask anything You need !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
(11-17-2015, 06:33 PM)tavishd Wrote: Finally i recovered it. You have to put your system board ID in there with .bin after it, or with a zero in front of it either 3612.bin or 03612.bin. finally the computer started short beeping and i'm back in business. good greif.

Greetings tavishd,

Glad you figured out yours, and thanks to your help I think I found the correct naming for my insyde bios file. 
Now when I power it up using WIN+B, it starts reading flash drive, then it beeps around 5 times, then it beeps around 6 times but with bigger delays.. like every 3 seconds or so...  but then nothing happens :|

I cannot figure out how to proceed from there!! Any advice?

p.s. the laptop is Compaq Presario CQ61.
find
quote
#9
How long did you let it run after it stopped beeping?
find
quote
#10
if you let it sit long enough it will power down or restart. It should only start short beeping when it has the correct board id named to your bios bin file. Are you sure your flashing the correct bios image for your laptop?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)