Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107961
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3536
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9210
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8759
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14350
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425622
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227519
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119705
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310575
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Changing the full screen logo on a AsRock A330GC with AMIBIOS
#1
Hi,
I just tried to change the full screen logo on an asrock a330gc and sadly bricked it in the process. I have a second one and would like to get it right this time. As I assume there is a good portion of knowledge concerning bios modification here I think it is wise to ask here aswell. Smile

The steps I took were:
- I extraced the .rom with AFUWIN 4.45, as there was no .rom file available for this motherboard and I could not extract it from the AFUWIN.exe with included BIOS that I could download from the ASROCK site.

- I then used MMTool 3.19 to extract the OEM LOGO module from the .rom file. To my surprise it was a .jpg file I could directly open in IrfanView or PhotoShop.

- I edited the .jpg in PhotoShop and saved it as a non-optimized, non-progressive JPEG. The file size was slightly larger than the original, but since the BIOS file had room I did not think that would be a problem.

- I replaced the oem logo module with MMTool 3.19 and flashed the BIOS with AFUWIN 4.45.

- After a restart I entered the BIOS to turn the full screen logo back on. I saved my preferences and rebooted.

... the only thing the PC displays since then is a black screen. Sad

Could someone enlighten me what I was doing wrong? I assume I chose the wrong format or that the file must not be larger than the original, but I rather know for sure than brick another two boards...

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day! Smile
find
quote
#2
in every case you can name it as you want but it is in fact a compressed .pcx!! For me here it is possible to load any file with ending .jpg or .jpeg with irfan-view or photoshop because they do a real on-the-fly-translation. If it is a picture or a plain-text-file it is shown. Only if I try to open with windows paint and it is not what I called it I get an error-message...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#3
I can open it in Paint and Photoshop with both .bmp and .jpg ending. When I rename it to .pcx PhotoShop throws "the file format module can not parse the file". Regardless of the ending (except .jpg) IrfanView throws "the file is a JPG file with incorrect ending. rename?".

I have attached the file and the extracted rom.

I appreciate your help! Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.rom   bios.ROM (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)