Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14356
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425639
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Clevo W860CU - from AMD HD5870 to Nvidia GeForce 670M
#1
Hi to all guys, this is my first post in this forum!

I first knew of you from a friend that once told me about the post from jommoner which describes his Asus A8JS VGA upgrade, that was tryied very successfully by him on his laptop.
I would like to know if it is possible to do something very similar to my own laptop. I own a Clevo W680CU with an AMD HD5870 video board. I've already upgraded to the latest BIOS version (1.0.18), which should support up to the Nvidia GeForce 470M.
I happen to have around a Nvidia GeForce 670M (that should be a 580 rebranded) and would like to use it instead of the AMD one. I have another friend who owns a new laptop from the same manufacturer with a Nvidia GeForce 675M, supporting also the 670, and it's obviously working.
I've already tryed to put the 670M inside my laptop: it works at the beginning, BIOS says "unknown VGA card", but after some seconds it starts beeping and the three leds flashing; after several seconds the laptop shuts down. I think it could be just the BIOS not recognizing the video board or having some thermal checking issues.

I'm writing to you becouse I would like to have some help and assistance on how to modify the BIOS in order to make it recognize my video board. If this is going to work, of course I will post a well written procedure to replicate it, as jommoner did! Smile

thanks in advance!
find
quote
#2

.rar   bioses.rar (Size: 1.98 MB / Downloads: 3)
(05-29-2012, 07:53 PM)miuzZz Wrote: Hi to all guys, this is my first post in this forum!

I first knew of you from a friend that once told me about the post from jommoner which describes his Asus A8JS VGA upgrade, that was tryied very successfully by him on his laptop.
I would like to know if it is possible to do something very similar to my own laptop. I own a Clevo W680CU with an AMD HD5870 video board. I've already upgraded to the latest BIOS version (1.0.18), which should support up to the Nvidia GeForce 470M.
I happen to have around a Nvidia GeForce 670M (that should be a 580 rebranded) and would like to use it instead of the AMD one. I have another friend who owns a new laptop from the same manufacturer with a Nvidia GeForce 675M, supporting also the 670, and it's obviously working.
I've already tryed to put the 670M inside my laptop: it works at the beginning, BIOS says "unknown VGA card", but after some seconds it starts beeping and the three leds flashing; after several seconds the laptop shuts down. I think it could be just the BIOS not recognizing the video board or having some thermal checking issues.

I'm writing to you becouse I would like to have some help and assistance on how to modify the BIOS in order to make it recognize my video board. If this is going to work, of course I will post a well written procedure to replicate it, as jommoner did! Smile

thanks in advance!

Hello!

I have the same situation, like you, but with w870cu. I think problem parameters for "unknown videocard". Because I know in x8100 GTX670M works fine, but max official is GTX480M, and if you insert 670M you have see in Bios : Unknown VGA card.

Experts, help please to compile new bios with ported parameters "unknown videocard" from x8100 to w870cu? .
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)