Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424350
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3603
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224311
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119157
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 268
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6775
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309660
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61951
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 609
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20265
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169242
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6322
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 812
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5781
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61178

Clevo m765s unlock request
#11
Thanks Genius239, I never thought about update orom, good idea for SATA/AHCI rom if you can find one that will work in there (1.20E?)!
find
quote
#12
The SSD is sata, its a Kingston A400 120gb. I get the same errors as before when trying to install windows even after deleting linux. I tried moving up boot option 8: but bios doesn't let me move it from the bottom of the list.


Maybe it has something to do with it not being detected on the first picture, at "SATA Port 1: None"? It just feels that Bios cannot see the SSD at all even though operating systems can.

genius239 Wrote:
Hi~
Try my mod here.
https://www.file-upload.com/9m06scw8zmn2

Your laptop seems was old model and chipset ,too ,useful item was few.
I still insert some items on bios .

Next step, i will try search useful orom for this laptop .

Thank you genius239!! I'm going to give it a try and come back for feedback Smile
find
quote
#13
Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue. I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned
I checked each module and from my end I cannot find an SATA or AHCI Rom, I only see PXE and a PCI/PCIE IBM orom.

Is there any SATA related jumpers on the board?
find
quote
#14
(10-30-2018, 11:18 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue.  I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned
I checked each module and from my end I cannot find an SATA or AHCI Rom, I only see PXE and a PCI/PCIE IBM orom.

Is there any SATA related jumpers on the board?


Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't reply for so long, I don't know how to answer your question mainly because (embarrassing) I don't have any small screwdrivers laying around these days after installing the new ssd.

I tried to flash the bios from genious239 but I am unable to even format the usb properly. I tried to follow the guide here https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/ but the HP tool doesn't put three files on the usb drive. It formats it and leaves it empty. I tried anyway to flash by copying + renaming the modded bios file, and also use the phlash file provided by the link I mentioned, but it doesn't work this way.

UPDATE:

My bad, I followed the steps described here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS and I managed to flash it just fine. I see the extra options now, however the ssd is still absent (as expected I guess).
find
quote
#15
Where is SSD absent from exactly? Show me BIOS pages, that do show your other HDD, or show me image where you think you should be seeing it in the BIOS

Can you see it from windows, device manager?
find
quote
#16
(11-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Earendil Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 11:18 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, that's normal SSD, not NVME, so it's not an NVME issue.  I bet some orom needs updated like Genis239 mentioned
I checked each module and from my end I cannot find an SATA or AHCI Rom, I only see PXE and a PCI/PCIE IBM orom.

Is there any SATA related jumpers on the board?


Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't reply for so long, I don't know how to answer your question mainly because (embarrassing) I don't have any small screwdrivers laying around these days after installing the new ssd.

I tried to flash the bios from genious239 but I am unable to even format the usb properly. I tried to follow the guide here https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/ but the HP tool doesn't put three files on the usb drive. It formats it and leaves it empty. I tried anyway to flash by copying + renaming the modded bios file, and also use the phlash file provided by the link I mentioned, but it doesn't work this way.

UPDATE:

My bad, I followed the steps described here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS and I managed to flash it just fine. I see the extra options now, however the ssd is still absent (as expected I guess).

We indeed can do modify to some degree with bios ,but on my knowledge compatibility need  official to solve , not like easy whitelist replace or remove .

Maybe it is a pci-e issue or someone can find module for compatible and know how to mod it ,but now i no ability to do this
When i saw you attach bios size was 1m(1052022) ,i know it only contain few items .

find
quote
#17
(11-17-2018, 04:49 AM)genius239 Wrote: We indeed can do modify to some degree with bios ,but on my knowledge compatibility need  official to solve , not like easy whitelist replace or remove .

Maybe it is a pci-e issue or someone can find module for compatible and know how to mod it ,but now i no ability to do this
When i saw you attach bios size was 1m(1052022) ,i know it only contain few items .

I understand, thank you for this explanation.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote:Where is SSD absent from exactly? Show me BIOS pages, that do show your other HDD, or show me image where you think you should be seeing it in the BIOS

Can you see it from windows, device manager?

I have replaced the old HDD with the SSD, so this is the only drive present on the laptop and thus I cannot try to look the drive up on the device manager. I can clearly see the drive though and use it when I boot up from a linux live usb.

The SSD is supposed to be found on this image under SATA Port 1 (or that's what I think, I think the old HDD was identified there):
[Image: aCgtT4T.jpg]

The 'IDE Channel 0 Master' shows my CD-drive.
If I go inside the 'SATA Port 1'  sub-menu, it looks like this:

[Image: X7tYTEx.jpg]
find
quote
#18
I can't see your second image, delete it and re-attach please and thanks. Do you see your HDD in there, and then do not see your SSD when it's installed? Are you certain the SSD works, confirmed on another system?

"None" is normal for AHCI mode on some systems sometimes, so if your HDD is installed in image one above and it's AHCI mode now, see it says "None" for your HDD too.
find
quote
#19
(11-18-2018, 12:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: I can't see your second image, delete it and re-attach please and thanks.  Do you see your HDD in there, and then do not see your SSD when it's installed?  Are you certain the SSD works, confirmed on another system?

"None" is normal for AHCI mode on some systems sometimes, so if your HDD is installed in image one above and it's AHCI mode now, see it says "None" for your HDD too.

From what you say I guess that it doesn't really matter then about what is shown on that tab (If it shows None or not). I try to re-attach it here hoping that it would work:

[Image: X7tYTEx.jpg?1]

I have never tried AHCI on my HDD since I updated the bios only after my HDD got fried, so I wouldn't know.
I haven't tried my SSD on other systems, but since it works to use it for copy and pasting, wouldn't it normally work for booting up too? Or it could be also a behaviour that could indicate a faulty SSD?
find
quote
#20
Thanks, of course now I can see both images Big Grin

AHCI is what you should use. Yes, it should work for booting if you can copy/paste to it.

If windows already installed, before you change from IDE to AHCI you need to make these changes in the registry, specifically the bold one, otherwise you will get 0x0000007B BSOD

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start

If drive is empty now, what happens when you try to install windows onto it? Please show an image when you see the error, then maybe I can better answer
Also, before the error, take an image of the "Disk Screen" where you choose which hard drive to install windows onto.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)