Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227635
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

Crazy Idea? EVGA to BFG BIOS Mod Possible?
#1
I need some General Help please... I have no clue where to post this question so its going here for now.

Here is what I want to do. I have a Foxxcon Manufactured nVidia 650i Ultra motherboard re-branded to BFG 650i Ultra (foxxcon does not sell their own 650i based mobo). It is identical in every way to the EVGA 650i ultra (also manufactured by Foxxcon). BFG went out of business and stopped supporting the mobo at BIOS P03 and does not even have support files listed anywhere. However, EVGA kept supporting theirs and improving performance and features up to BIOS P05, two BIOS versions past BFG's. The only difference in these two mobos is a shiny sticker affixed to them.

Since these boards are physically identical how can I pull the bios off mine and mod the new features from the EVGA bios onto the bfg bios? I read that someone tried to do something similar by flashing the evga bios and it bricked their BFG mobo. I do not want to brick it (its a home server now) however being identical I am sure there must be a simple setting inside a bios editor that would make the evga bios compatible. I do not even know how to get at my bios since there is no file download anywhere that I can find, so I assume to even attempt this I would have to Rip it from my bios chip.

Again, two physically identical boards, so why cant I somehow use the newer evga bios on my bfg branded board, fixing a lot of issues in the process?

Any ideas?
find
quote
#2
(06-05-2013, 09:46 PM)SkOrPn Wrote: I need some General Help please... I have no clue where to post this question so its going here for now.

Here is what I want to do. I have a Foxxcon Manufactured nVidia 650i Ultra motherboard re-branded to BFG 650i Ultra (foxxcon does not sell their own 650i based mobo). It is identical in every way to the EVGA 650i ultra (also manufactured by Foxxcon). BFG went out of business and stopped supporting the mobo at BIOS P03 and does not even have support files listed anywhere. However, EVGA kept supporting theirs and improving performance and features up to BIOS P05, two BIOS versions past BFG's. The only difference in these two mobos is a shiny sticker affixed to them.

Since these boards are physically identical how can I pull the bios off mine and mod the new features from the EVGA bios onto the bfg bios? I read that someone tried to do something similar by flashing the evga bios and it bricked their BFG mobo. I do not want to brick it (its a home server now) however being identical I am sure there must be a simple setting inside a bios editor that would make the evga bios compatible. I do not even know how to get at my bios since there is no file download anywhere that I can find, so I assume to even attempt this I would have to Rip it from my bios chip.

Again, two physically identical boards, so why cant I somehow use the newer evga bios on my bfg branded board, fixing a lot of issues in the process?

Any ideas?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great tips and support ideas. I believe I found an updated BFG Bios from a Chinese website so I hope this works. I just have to figure out the instructions on flashing when there is no website to support it. Maybe NVIDIA has instructions or I should follow EVGA's instructions?
find
quote
#3
You must write the iso and boot from CD. The flash will start automatically.
find
quote
#4
(06-15-2013, 12:14 AM)Florin9doi Wrote: You must write the iso and boot from CD. The flash will start automatically.

Yes, I found the page here at Bios-Mods that shows how to do it by making my own usb flash drive bootable. I had a slight problem though because my chip reads Phoenix, and so does the Bios bootup, but it did not work using phlash. So, I had a feeling it was actually award so I tried the award instructions and it worked perfectly. I must be tired.

Anyway, I am quite surprised that after so long (a year running this board now) that I found a newer bios for this old machine. It took forever to find the correct search keywords. The person who gave this to me said he never updated or saved any files or manuals. However it is running fantastic as a home server and should now support the CPU I am thinking about getting. Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)