Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424437
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

DV6200 Virtualization
#1
So here is my situation. I have this old dv6200 HP Pavilion with T2060. I need to enable virtualization on this thing, but I'm not having any luck.

ark.intel.com says my processor supports VT-x.
One of the older bioses available on the HP site (F.06) says this:
"Adds "Intel Virtualization Technology Enable/Disable" item to the BIOS Setup menu."

But it is not there. I downloaded the PBE and on the emulated bios it is there. I even tried messing up with templat0.rom, rebuild the bios and flash it. No luck. Bricked it twice and had to use crisis to recover ( the beeps are very annoying ).

What else can I try? I would appreciate it if some experts here could look into it. At least give me a reason why I'm SOL on this one and then I'd stop trying.

Thanks.

P.S: The latest BIOS version I'm using is F.2E
find
quote
#2
Hi,

Please post the BIOS file/image here OR link to the download page.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#3
(05-20-2011, 10:01 PM)kizwan Wrote: Hi,

Please post the BIOS file/image here OR link to the download page.

Here it is:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48121.exe
find
quote
#4
There is one routine in the BIOS which possibly checking the processor capability/model. Unlikely but possibly, the routine failed to recognized the processor capability which make the Virtualization menu invisible. I has bypassed the routine. The Virtualization menu will always visible with this modified BIOS. As usual - Use at your own risk!
HP Pavilion DV6200 sp48121 F.2E VT MOD.rar
(MD5: B44E85CA426FA9A45FE4851F89578BF8)

Please take a picture of the "System Configuration" section in the BIOS menu & post it here. Thank you.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#5
Thank you kizwan. I'm going to hold off until Monday to flash this because I don't have the USB floppy with me right now, in case it won't come up.

Just to be sure, do you recommend flashing it by making a DOS boot disk or the Swinflash should work fine?
find
quote
#6
I recommend doing it in DOS.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#7
Well, I couldn't resist. So I went ahead and flashed it. Menu shows up now. But Securables still says locked off and virtualbox also don't detect it. So I guess my MB is a piece of crap and I'm really SOL.

Thanks for your efforts though. Have a great weekend.
find
quote
#8
After you enabled the Virtualization & exiting the BIOS setup menu, did you power cycle (turn off & on) your notebook? Did you select VT-x in virtualbox (in guest OS settings)? T2060 is a 32-bit processor. Basically virtualization is useless with this processor. You can't run 64-bit guest OS with it. If you can upgrade it to T5600, you can utilized the Virtualization technology.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)