Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: bobo10
Today 03:40 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 77
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26005
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Views: 106
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6118
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219959
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 162
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98505
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24030
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324078
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1000
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 293
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 143
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542165
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 246
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656689
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20449

Dell 7537 BIOS Modding (Phoenix SecureCore UEFI)
Exclamation 
Hello Bios-Mods community,

Sorry for posting many threads about this, but no one has been willing to help lately.

I would like some help with modifying my Dell Inspiron 7537. It's like the Dell XPS L15z but the BIOS file is different.

I would like all advanced menus (advanced diagnostic, Intel ME, RAID and overclocking) unlocked.

Link to BIN file:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofu2kzhvt6i2s...nal_v2.bin
The BIOS version I'm using is A10 during the SPI BIOS extraction of the chip.

Link to all BIOS modules I found and could extract: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofu2kzhvt6i2s...4kSfa?dl=0

Motherboard pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0rgmt1v1wvnr0...8OXaa?dl=0

BIOS menu pics (menus locked as they are): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vm4tct0fz0xr...N5v8a?dl=0
The BIOS version I'm using is A10, not A09 as shown in the picture. Please mod the BIOS for the A10 version (used in the extracted BIN file) if possible.

Useful posts:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...#pid109558
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...#pid108883
(some restrictions will not apply as I will be using an SPI programmer to flash the BIOS again)

Thank you,
Exec360
find
Alright everyone, I've learned more about the BIOS and realized that I have to DIRECTLY put in the .BIN file (originally read from my SPI programmer) into PhoenixTool, extract the MODULE ITSELF first, then open a hex editor, THEN make the modifications.

Finally, I have to patch (replace) it in PhoenixTool just like in MMTool for Aptio/AMI BIOSes. The modding itself isn't hard, just the process of replacing certain hex codes in the modules and using them in certain tools.

To do it yourself, extract any module you want to unlock DECOMPRESSED. You should replace the 01 (bolded) with 00 so the BIOS thinks you're a consumer and you should have access to that menu/those settings. For example:

0x6014     Form: Advanced, Form ID: 0x1 {01 86 01 00 5C 00}
0x601A         Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x601C             64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x0 {45 0A 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x6026             Numeric:  (3405916100100-3405916100100) , Variable: 0x3F {07 A6 5F 00 5F 00 7B 27 03 00 3F 00 04 10 00 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x604C                 Default: 8 Bit, Value: 0x0 {5B 0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x6059                 Default: 8 Bit, Value: 0x0 {5B 0D 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x6066             End {29 02}
0x6068         End If {29 02}

I'm first trying to unlock the PlatformHiiAdvancedDxe module to unlock (some) hidden settings as a test run. I succeeded at patching that in the .BIN file which I will later write to my SPI chip.

I hope for some BIOS modding success this weekend Big Grin

I will report back with an unlocked tab too if lucky Wink

(Protip if using UEFITool: I got an FFS module file upon extraction. FFS files work the same as PhoenixTool .MOD files, however when you "replace" you actually have to select "all files". It's a sneaky workaround for the program but it accomplishes the same goal -- replacing the locked module with the unlocked one.) Big Grin

Another funny thing I found in one of the modules (DellSetupMainDxe) is that it does have internal support for mSATA-soldered drives with the USB daughterboard connector as people rumored:

0xAF5             Suppress If: {0A 82}
0xAF7                 Question Ref: 0x2342 {40 84 03 00}
0xAFB                     64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x0 {45 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0xB05                     Equal {2F 02}
0xB07                 End {29 02}
0xB09                 Text: mSATA Device {03 08 20 00 0B 00 21 00}
0xB11             End If {29 02}

The process of modding is somewhat complicated, but I kind of learned by helping 2 others in live chat... one had an AMI BIOS and another had a Phoenix BIOS for another brand of laptops (that one was easy because the BIOS was pre-modded for some reason).

I'm feeling very euphoric (excited) about this!!

- Exec360
find
Alright, I've tried 2 hex code changes for the PlatformHiiAdvancedDxe module with no luck (one near the languages and 2 more near the advanced options individually). Nothing was unlocked (1).

However, recently I've stumbled upon the user (Falseclock)'s method of using the UEFI shell to crack open those menus.
So that was the solution after all... I thought BDMaster was referring to a falseclock method for overclocking. Turns out it was just one user's tutorial.

I've got a UEFI shell and it won't recognize 'setup_var' as a command, which is so weird... maybe I have the wrong version or kind of UEFI shell.

Changing the NVRAM values or SPI flashing are the only supported methods at this point. If Intel FPT lets you flash the BIOS region, there is also a possibility of not requiring an SPI programmer. The BIOS is RSA-signed (this is checked through Phoenix WinPhlash "customized for Dell" edition).

EDIT: This is not the case. Intel SCT Lockbox is just a proprietary Intel feature, like vPro, AMT, or Software Guard Extensions (SGX). This does not affect flashing via Intel FPT, flashing via an SPI interface, or UEFI shell NVRAM variable access. FPT read/write status is controlled in the Flash Descriptor (located on a full SPI firmware image). Proprietary flashing tools must recognize a signed BIOS image, while FPT lets you flash directly to the SPI chip.
find
Hi, in the modules SystemSetup2Dxe and DellSetupAdvancedDxe

set all hex "45 0A 01 00" to "45 0A 00 00" and give that a try

Should unlock more options, just use HxD to replace all at once.
find
@LosSantasPro Awesome. I did those things, except SystemSetup2Dxe didn't have a 45 0A 01 00 part, but SystemSetupMainDxe did, which I think is what you meant because there are hidden options in that one, but I don't see anything in SystemSetup2Dxe. It can't be extracted using Universal IFR Extractor anyway.

How do I flash the BIOS though? The latest version Intel FPTw x64 didn't work (Error 201: FPTw.exe ... current vendor), so should I use the CH341A SPI programmer again and write it directly to the BIOS chip? There may be some security key that still prevents that from working. Are there any modded versions of FPTw (x64) that I can use? Most of the download links to that modded flashing utility are not working.
find
(03-15-2016, 07:49 PM)Exec360 Wrote: @LosSantasPro Awesome. I did those things, except SystemSetup2Dxe didn't have a 45 0A 01 00 part, but SystemSetupMainDxe did, which I think is what you meant because there are hidden options in that one, but I don't see anything in SystemSetup2Dxe. It can't be extracted using Universal IFR Extractor anyway.

How do I flash the BIOS though? The latest version Intel FPTw x64 didn't work (Error 201: FPTw.exe ... current vendor), so should I use the CH341A SPI programmer again and write it directly to the BIOS chip? There may be some security key that still prevents that from working. Are there any modded versions of FPTw (x64) that I can use? Most of the download links to that modded flashing utility are not working.

You must use the external programmer and write it directly to chip as there is write protection after POST.
find
@LosSantosPro:
It worked and now I have 2 menus unlocked! Thank you so much!!!
You are the best!

As soon as I turned on the computer, it kept beeping when I pressed a key before the computer booted up and showed "Manufacturing Mode [01] *** Press Fn+X to exit" or something like that...

What is annoying about this "mode" is that the fans are running at full (even after OS boot up) and it keeps beeping every on key press which is (kind of) annoying (before OS boot up). Is there any way to change/disable this?

Other than that, I found an option to disable the Dell splash logo and replace it with the plain blue Windows one (in UEFI mode). Yay! Good riddance!

Also some of the settings include Intel Graphics/memory/CPU overclocking, system agent settings, etc.

REALLY In-depth tutorial

PRELIMINARY STEPS:

Remember to downgrade to A10 on your laptop itself before doing anything else! (I didn't want to do later versions as they may have harder security mechanisms to crack)

DISCLAIMER:
All of your old BIOS settings and boot options will be erased upon modding your BIOS!
I do not take any responsibility or warranty for any damage/system instability/abnormal events that have occurred to the laptop.

Download the modded A10 BIOS file for any other users of this laptop and anyone else who wants it. Flash using a CH341A SPI programmer (I use the black one myself) and some SOIC8 SOP8 test clips.

Basically you'll be spending around $20 if you want to get it with Amazon Prime, and in my opinion, it's definitely worth the money, especially across multiple laptops. Enjoy! Smile

DISASSEMBLY:

You'll need to disassemble the laptop to the full motherboard part first.

CH341A SPI PROGRAMMER/TEST CLIPS [DRIVERS/SOFTWARE/DETECTING THE CHIP]:

Here's a great tutorial on how to install the drivers/software for the CH341A. It covers a lot of information: some preliminary info on the programmer itself (this you should know before starting to program the chip) and the process of installing the software for chip/BIOS modding and how to detect the device.

The only thing it doesn't cover is the test clips, which is the "2-layer sandwich" with a green board in between should do. Attach the first part of it to the programmer itself. Lock it down and attach the 2nd part to the test clips.

Chip auto-detect should work just fine. If it detects it as "unknown", flip the test clips the other way and then it should work. Basically, you're placing it wrong if that happens.
Set the "type" to 25 SPI FLASH. The chip inside the app should be MXIC MX25L6405D, just in case.

MODDING YOUR OWN BIOS/FOR LATER VERSIONS:

BE SURE to back up your original BIOS using both the Universal BIOS Backup Tools (separate MyDigitalLife account required) and by reading/saving the output from your SPI programmer!

MAKE A DUPLICATE of your original BIOS file and add "_modded" to the end before the .bin file.
(e.g. DOH50A12.bin --> DOH50A12_modded.bin)

Use PhoenixTool (separate MyDigitalLife account required) to read the _modded .bin file. Select Dell as the manufacturer and for SLIC/SLP (SLP if you want the OEM Windows license to go with it). A RW-Everything report is not required for this case. Next, extract the SystemSetupMainDxe and DellSetupAdvancedDxe modules (try doing them UNCOMPRESSED if possible).

Set all the hex codes in the extracted modules (they will have a .MOD extension) from "45 0A 01 00" to "45 0A 00 00" (use HxD to read the hex file and replace all of them at the same time).

Save the .MOD file and replace the modules (not insert them). Wait for the changes to apply and do the same for the other modded modules.

Finally, close the program. It'll either give you a dialog asking to save the BIOS (click yes or OK or something like that to save your changes) or it'll save the BIOS itself.

(I do not know how to update the 750M vBIOS yet because I don't have a 750M nor do I have the OEM vBIOS. Use Kepler BIOS Tweaker to modify the boost clocks and flash it with NVFlash (USB drive not required) with security checks bypassed (may not be the right link) to do so (use the -6 parameter to bypass the PCI mismatch warning). The vBIOS should only be overclocked that much (+135MHz) for a reason... you can always overclock it more later if you need to. You don't need to disassemble the laptop to do this.)

WRITING TO THE CHIP:

Open the _modded .bin file in the CH341A SPI programming utility/app.

Write to the BIOS chip in the program using AUTO mode, not PROGRAM mode.

It'll only overwrite the locked sections to give you "manufacturing mode".

REASSEMBLY:

This can be a little tricky and tedious. Patience is a virtue here.

First, attach the bottom base. Be sure to get the wireless card cable into the tiny square at the top near the small fan! It will make a snapping sound. Make sure all areas are snapped into place. Remember to place the wireless cable into the 3 mini-slots for security!

Next, scr ew the 3 long short screws on the bottom part of the battery.

TURN THE LAPTOP OVER AND OPEN UP THE DISPLAY.

Plug in the 3 cables near the keyboard/motherboard.

Insert the 2 motherboard screws. (I always forget this step because it just seems like it's already done... it's annoying if you forget because you have to detach the keyboard again.)

The keyboard cables are fragile/delicate, so handle with care. Insert the keyboard cable top/left-side first. Then insert the bottom/right-side of it and close the connector. The illumination cable depends on whether you bought that upgrade or not with your laptop. Insert it at the top and give yourself enough room to slide the keyboard into the chassis. You can use some Scotch tape to hold it in place (I found that manufacturing had to use cheap yellow tape upon my 1st disassembly), but be careful when doing so!

CLOSE THE DISPLAY AND TURN THE LAPTOP OVER.

Now insert the 1 keyboard scr ew, 3 top motherboard screws, 2 top bottom base screws, the wireless card, 1 wireless card scr ew, (attach the wireless card cables), the SSD/HDD SATA3 cable, the 2 SSD/HDD screws, the battery, the 3 battery screws, the bottom access door (positioned so the latches fit into the bottom), the 2 left/right screws, and finally the 2 "capacitive" top screws.

TURN THE LAPTOP OVER/OPEN THE DISPLAY.

Now turn on the laptop and you should have the manufacturing mode message appear (if there is battery life left in the laptop). DO NOT PRESS FN+X OR ELSE DEBUG MENUS WILL BE LOCKED AGAIN. (Edit: only the "debug" menus get locked, but the other hidden options in the user menus remain unlocked)

Repeatedly press F2 to get into the BIOS. Beeping on each key press/the fans running are both OK; it's supposed to do that. (I have yet to find a way to disable that...)

In the Main (Debug) menu, under Boot Features, enable "Quick Boot" to get rid of the Dell splash screen upon boot-up (may only work if you have installed Windows using UEFI mode).

Go to the Boot screen and enable UEFI mode if you have installed Windows using UEFI mode.

Now save your settings/exit in the Exit menu. The Windows logo should now pop up and it should "configure devices" or something like that. Windows will boot up normally and your settings should be applied.

Hope you enjoy your BIOS mod/unlocked settings!

EDIT (7/18/16): You can also remove the DellSplashLogoDxe module to get rid of the logo and use the stock Windows logo while booting.
As for changing the logo: Phoenix BIOS editors won't let you change the logo on Dell BIOS files because they have a special method (hex-code to alter how the program reads it?) used to prevent editing. It is possible to use XSearch and IrfanView to mod the file, though I haven't tried that yet.

To unlock flashing a modded BIOS through Windows after using an SPI programmer by using Intel FPT (unofficial, see C2), you'll need to unlock the flash descriptor (abbreviated the "FD") inside the BIOS ROM. This method or a similar one might work for the 7537 -- open your entire BIOS file in a hex editor (not any modules).
find
Download link of the mod (SPI flashing method is required -- see above post for details):

http://u.techware.me/7537-MOD-DOWNLOAD

Thanks for all your support Smile
find
(03-25-2016, 10:48 PM)Exec360 Wrote: @LosSantosPro:
It worked and now I have 2 menus unlocked! Thank you so much!!!
You are the best!

As soon as I turned on the computer, it kept beeping when I pressed a key before the computer booted up and showed "Manufacturing Mode [01] *** Press Fn+X to exit" or something like that...

What is annoying about this "mode" is that the fans are running at full (even after OS boot up) and it keeps beeping every on key press which is (kind of) annoying (before OS boot up). Is there any way to change/disable this?

Other than that, I found an option to disable the Dell splash logo and replace it with the plain blue Windows one (in UEFI mode). Yay! Good riddance!

Also some of the settings include Intel Graphics/memory/CPU overclocking, system agent settings, etc.

REALLY In-depth tutorial

PRELIMINARY STEPS:

Remember to downgrade to A10 on your laptop itself before doing anything else! (I didn't want to do later versions as they may have harder security mechanisms to crack)

DISCLAIMER:
All of your old BIOS settings and boot options will be erased upon modding your BIOS!
I do not take any responsibility or warranty for any damage/system instability/abnormal events that have occurred to the laptop.

Download the modded A10 BIOS file for any other users of this laptop and anyone else who wants it. Flash using a CH341A SPI programmer (I use the black one myself) and some SOIC8 SOP8 test clips.

Basically you'll be spending around $20 if you want to get it with Amazon Prime, and in my opinion, it's definitely worth the money, especially across multiple laptops. Enjoy! Smile

DISASSEMBLY:

You'll need to disassemble the laptop to the full motherboard part first.

CH341A SPI PROGRAMMER/TEST CLIPS [DRIVERS/SOFTWARE/DETECTING THE CHIP]:

Here's a great tutorial on how to install the drivers/software for the CH341A. It covers a lot of information: some preliminary info on the programmer itself (this you should know before starting to program the chip) and the process of installing the software for chip/BIOS modding and how to detect the device.

The only thing it doesn't cover is the test clips, which is the "2-layer sandwich" with a green board in between should do. Attach the first part of it to the programmer itself. Lock it down and attach the 2nd part to the test clips.

Chip auto-detect should work just fine. If it detects it as "unknown", flip the test clips the other way and then it should work. Basically, you're placing it wrong if that happens.
Set the "type" to 25 SPI FLASH. The chip inside the app should be MXIC MX25L6405D, just in case.

MODDING YOUR OWN BIOS/FOR LATER VERSIONS:

BE SURE to back up your original BIOS using both the Universal BIOS Backup Tools (separate MyDigitalLife account required) and by reading/saving the output from your SPI programmer!

MAKE A DUPLICATE of your original BIOS file and add "_modded" to the end before the .bin file.
(e.g. DOH50A12.bin --> DOH50A12_modded.bin)

Use PhoenixTool (separate MyDigitalLife account required) to read the _modded .bin file. Select Dell as the manufacturer and for SLIC/SLP (SLP if you want the OEM Windows license to go with it). A RW-Everything report is not required for this case. Next, extract the SystemSetupMainDxe and DellSetupAdvancedDxe modules (try doing them UNCOMPRESSED if possible).

Set all the hex codes in the extracted modules (they will have a .MOD extension) from "45 0A 01 00" to "45 0A 00 00" (use HxD to read the hex file and replace all of them at the same time).

Save the .MOD file and replace the modules (not insert them). Wait for the changes to apply and do the same for the other modded modules.

Finally, close the program. It'll either give you a dialog asking to save the BIOS (click yes or OK or something like that to save your changes) or it'll save the BIOS itself.

(I do not know how to update the 750M vBIOS yet because I don't have a 750M nor do I have the OEM vBIOS. Use Kepler BIOS Tweaker to modify the boost clocks and flash it with NVFlash (USB drive not required) with security checks bypassed (may not be the right link) to do so (use the -6 parameter to bypass the PCI mismatch warning). The vBIOS should only be overclocked that much (+135MHz) for a reason... you can always overclock it more later if you need to. You don't need to disassemble the laptop to do this.)

WRITING TO THE CHIP:

Open the _modded .bin file in the CH341A SPI programming utility/app.

Write to the BIOS chip in the program using AUTO mode, not PROGRAM mode.

It'll only overwrite the locked sections to give you "manufacturing mode".

REASSEMBLY:

This can be a little tricky and tedious. Patience is a virtue here.

First, attach the bottom base. Be sure to get the wireless card cable into the tiny square at the top near the small fan! It will make a snapping sound. Make sure all areas are snapped into place. Remember to place the wireless cable into the 3 mini-slots for security!

Next, scr ew the 3 long short screws on the bottom part of the battery.

TURN THE LAPTOP OVER AND OPEN UP THE DISPLAY.

Plug in the 3 cables near the keyboard/motherboard.

Insert the 2 motherboard screws. (I always forget this step because it just seems like it's already done... it's annoying if you forget because you have to detach the keyboard again.)

The keyboard cables are fragile/delicate, so handle with care. Insert the keyboard cable top/left-side first. Then insert the bottom/right-side of it and close the connector. The illumination cable depends on whether you bought that upgrade or not with your laptop. Insert it at the top and give yourself enough room to slide the keyboard into the chassis. You can use some Scotch tape to hold it in place (I found that manufacturing had to use cheap yellow tape upon my 1st disassembly), but be careful when doing so!

CLOSE THE DISPLAY AND TURN THE LAPTOP OVER.

Now insert the 1 keyboard scr ew, 3 top motherboard screws, 2 top bottom base screws, the wireless card, 1 wireless card scr ew, (attach the wireless card cables), the SSD/HDD SATA3 cable, the 2 SSD/HDD screws, the battery, the 3 battery screws, the bottom access door (positioned so the latches fit into the bottom), the 2 left/right screws, and finally the 2 "capacitive" top screws.

TURN THE LAPTOP OVER/OPEN THE DISPLAY.

Now turn on the laptop and you should have the manufacturing mode message appear (if there is battery life left in the laptop). DO NOT PRESS FN+X OR ELSE SETTINGS WILL BE LOCKED AGAIN!

Repeatedly press F2 to get into the BIOS. Beeping on each key press/the fans running are both OK; it's supposed to do that. (I have yet to find a way to disable that...)

In the Main (Debug) menu, under Boot Features, enable "Quick Boot" to get rid of the Dell splash screen upon boot-up (may only work if you have installed Windows using UEFI mode).

Go to the Boot screen and enable UEFI mode if you have installed Windows using UEFI mode.

Now save your settings/exit in the Exit menu. The Windows logo should now pop up and it should "configure devices" or something like that. Windows will boot up normally and your settings should be applied.

Hope you enjoy your BIOS mod/unlocked settings!

Hi, thanks for publishing the tutorial!

For the Manufacturing Mode I'd imagine one of those Hex changes from 45 0A 01 00 to 45 0A 00 00, although im not sure, try having a look for the text Manufacturing with IFR extractor on the modules, apparently hitting Fn + X fixes the issue but due to a hard BIOS Mod I doubt it would work. 

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you exactly the issue but that one seems most likely. Maybe if you have the patience start BIOS mod again and manually change the hex values on the options you want enabled.

Regards

LSP
find
Hey, I think I see something here...

These are the only instances of "manufacturing" I can see in both modules. They have this at the top:

Code:
0x61F9     Default Store: Standard Default - Advanced 0x0 {5C 06 02 00 00 00}
0x61FF     Default Store: Manufacture Default - Advanced 0x1 {5C 06 03 00 01 00}

Code:
0x5EE9     Default Store: Standard Default - Advanced 0x0 {5C 06 60 00 00 00}
0x5EEF     Default Store: Manufacture Default - Advanced 0x1 {5C 06 63 00 01 00}

Could we perhaps replace the 2 strings so "Standard Default" is "Manufacture Default"?

Also, the DellMfgBoardDxe module has this string of text when put into HxD (at offset 000003A4):

Code:
0.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.A.B.C.D.E.F. . . . . . . . . . . .P.r.e.s.s. .F.n.-.X. .t.o. .r.e.t.u.r.n. .t.h.e. .s.y.s.t.e.m. .t.o. .n.o.r.m.a.l. .r.u.n.n.i.n.g. .m.o.d.e...............C.o.n.t.i.n.u.e. .w.i.t.h.o.u.t. .F.1./.F.2. .r.e.s.p.o.n.s.e...........S.e.t.u.p.......B.o.o.t.%.0.4.x.........B.o.o.t.O.r.d.e.r............... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*.*.*.*. .M.A.N.U.F.A.C.T.U.R.I.N.G. .M.O.D.E.:. .L.E.V.E.L. .[.%.0.2.x.]. .*.*.*.*...........%.0.8.x.-.%.0.4.x.-.%.0.4.x.-.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.-.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.%.0.2.x.........%.0.2.d./.%.0.2.d./.%.0.4.d. . .%.0.2.d.:.%.0.2.d.......<.n.u.l.l. .s.t.r.i.n.g.>.......<null string>...%.X.....%.a.....Warning Buffer Too Small........Warning Write Failure...Warning Delete Failure..Warning Unknown Glyph...Protocol Error..TFTP Error......ICMP Error......Aborted.Already started.Not started.....Time out........No mapping......No Response.....Access Denied...Not Found.......Media changed...No Media........Volume Full.....Volume Corrupt..Out of Resources........Write Protected.Device Error....Not Ready.......Buffer Too Small........Bad Buffer Size.Unsupported.....Invalid Parameter.......Load Error......Success.

(not sure if it can do anything useful... it cannot be extracted through Universal IFR Extractor)
find