Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101443
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 513
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7256
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6975
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14332
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425376
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3830
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227286
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119522
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6988
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 609
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310531
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

Dell 760 slic 2.1 request
#1
I know that some dell 760s came with 2.0 and some came with 2.1 slics.  I have a dell restore disk for windows 7 32 bit that installs and activates on slic 2.1 tables.  I found a slic 2.1 bios for the dell 755 on this site.  Previously I had installed windows 7, and it did not ask for a key.  After a week or so, it
gave me an illegal copy message.  After much hunting, I found the 755 slic 2.1 bios, downloaded and installed it, and everything works.

I have one dell 760 with a known 2.0 slic table, and another one that I recently purchased, but have not fired up yet.  It has Vista on it, which I
detest.

I am looking for a slic 2.1 modded bios for the dell 760, so I can install the dell restore windows 7 disk on it.

As a matter of fact, I have a large number of older delld.. 745, 755 and 760's.  I have two 760's that had a non dell windows 7 installed, along with a number of other high end graphics programs.  I purchased this off ebay. Just for giggles and grins, I cloned the disk and stuck it into a 760 small form factor and it works perfectly.  I have tried the same disk in a 755 and a 760 and in both cases they do a hard reboot, just after the pulsing windows section of the boot.

People say  Hal problem, but I have installed the dell oem disk on the 755 and the hal is the same as the one on the 760.  I have no idea why this package worked on a 760 small form factor, and not on a second 760 full sized.  I am guessing it is maybe a bios issue.

I probably will be buying a 780 fairly soon, so may be looking for a 2.1 slic modified bios for it.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...erId=7GK0W   the link for the 760 bios

Whether or not the "new" 760 has a slic 2.1 already in it, I have at least two that do not (I have run a utility that identifies the bios slic table on them), (not RWE, some other one).
find
quote
#2
Hi mate,
We can try to make It !
So use this tool and upload an RW report here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...atest-News

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(11-03-2015, 05:33 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi mate,
We can try to make It !
So use this tool and upload an RW report here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...atest-News
I have downloaded RWE and have run it.  Specifically which tab or tabs do you want the data from?
I picked ACPI table, and there are a ton of tabs.
Here is the slic entry, and the acpi



let me know
Regards


Attached Files
.txt   SLIC.txt (Size: 3.8 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   AcpiTbls.txt (Size: 211.43 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#4
Thanks BDMaster!.
I have verified that the upgrade installs a Dell SLIC 2.1 table properly in a dell 760 that had a 2.0 table.
You are a wizard. Thank you.

Please make sure this does not go away, and put it in the verified forum, thanks.

http://rghost.net/6vSbvkMLS

let me know
Regards
find
quote
#5
Many thanks for report my friend !!!
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#6
(11-22-2015, 11:18 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Many thanks for report my friend !!!
Regards

There is and issue though when trying to install the dell  re-install disk for windows 64.  Fails to activate.
running slic toolkit 3.2 says that the marker is invalidated.  So something must be wrong.

Attaching the ACPI tables out of this bios.  Which was upgraded with the dell 760 rev 15 you made.
have tried to attach the bios but it won't let me.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...s/advanced

The A16 bios is on this page.


Attached Files
.txt   AcpiTbls.txt (Size: 235.2 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#7
Hi mate,
You can use Rghost or Sendspace Servers to store files and post only links here Wink
Please use SlicToolkit and make the photo of Basic and Advanced Tabs and upload
them here !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)