Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6411
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14044
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424563
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3657
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 345
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224844
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119208
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 300
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6818
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 440
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309829
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62004
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20318
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169440
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6391
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 864

Dell Inspiron 530 / 530s v1.0.2 Experimental Unlocking & Upgrading Project
#21
Did you flash from dos or by using the Winflash utility?

Admin
find
quote
#22
i flashed from dos using awdflash. in awdflash i flashed bios1.bin it said incorect serial number and refused to flash.
find
quote
#23
/f cmd parameter will force the flash, but I don't reccommend this because it shouldn't be an incorrect serial number if you have the correct motherboard. Please post a CPUID screenshot.
www find
quote
#24
the board is identified as ORY007 but on the board it also says G33M02 its been my understanding that there one in the same the attachment is mostly all my information.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#25
As thewiz said , you can use the /f parameter to override the error but it shouldnt say that!

Admin
find
quote
#26
i went looking for this bios v1.0.2 you started with on dells website and what i found was that its for inspiron 530b. i also got a copy (v1.0.16) of my current bios bin file. its twice the size but clearly the same structure only my bios does not have the hidden fox central control tab. if we find out that my computer can work with v1.0.2 ill be happy to try and flash the bios anyway. iv been reeding and working with modbin annd by now i think i understand alot better how some of this works. i even modded my other computers bios and flashed it sucessfully today.
find
quote
#27
New development for the 530 1.0.18 BIOS... experimental, though. I unlocked some options with modbin6, which corrupted the BIOS, so I extracted the _en_code.bin and _item.bin only and put them into a working version. I bolded that for the people that were talking about using modbin6. Do not mess with it if you're not prepared for the possibility of corruption and thus having to get around it like I did here. I don't know if the overclocking options will work but they should be there now, though there are only a couple of things unlike the 1.0.2...

I took the latest Intel AHCI ROM that I have, 1.20E.0027 and changed the device ID to correspond to the original ISA Phoenix AHCI BIOS device ID and fixed the checksum. I also enabled the AHCI option. I do not know if this will work due to changing from Phoenix to Intel AHCI.

RAID 8.7.0 ICH9 is in there and I know it works from a previous mod that I did that did not contain an AHCI ROM. It worked without needing AHCI. It is possible that adding a different AHCI version to this ROM will break RAID as well if it tries to load and fails.

I updated the VGA BIOS from 1471 to 1653 and the Intel LAN PXE ROM from 1.2.50 to 1.3.63.

I was going to update the CPU microcode but CBROM crashes when touching that. (It also corrupts the BIOS... good thing I made a backup before I tried this.)

This is EXPERIMENTAL. Try at your own risk! And make sure you have the appropriate system for it because there seems to be different revisions or something.
Aaaand here's one for 1.0.2... Took the ROM from the original post and:

-Enabled more options, nothing too special, and grabbed _item.bin and _en_code.bin with CBROM, again, to keep the BIOS out of modbin6's corrupting habits.

-VGA BIOS 1471 -> 1533 -> 1653 (found this 12/30, so I updated the file again)

-Realtek PXE 2.37

-RAID 8.7 ICH9. Don't know if it'll work.

-Same AHCI trick with 1.20E.0027. Don't know if it'll work. I don't even know if this ROM expects the same AHCI device ID, and would guess that it does NOT, so this part is probably even less likely to work here. Though a missing AHCI BIOS wouldn't brick a computer (hasn't yet in my experience, anyway). EDIT: I decided to just keep the same device ID but also add another AHCI ROM with the ICH9 device ID of 2923, so hopefully one of the two will work. File was updated a few minutes after I put the first one up.


Same caveats from the last post for 1.0.18. This is experimental! I do not own this computer and cannot test it!


Attached Files
.zip   DellInspiron530b-102-RAID87-AHCI120E0027-VGA1653-RPXE237.zip (Size: 450.7 KB / Downloads: 212)
.zip   DellInspiron530-18-RAID87-IBA1363-AHCI120E0027-VGA1653.zip (Size: 459.27 KB / Downloads: 806)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#28
Nice Work Dansolo Big Grin

Admin
find
quote
#29
(12-30-2010, 05:53 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Nice Work Dansolo Big Grin

Thanks, but now let's see if anyone's willing to test it/them.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#30
Updated the files again with VGA BIOS 1653 which I pulled from the BIOS for MSI G31TM-P35. The files a couple posts back are updated and here's the option ROM itself (meaning, users, do not try to flash this file as it's not a BIOS for your motherboard)


Attached Files
.zip   IntelVGA-Q33Q35G33-1653.zip (Size: 29.42 KB / Downloads: 64)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)