Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224577
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Dell Inspiron 5520 BIOS recovery
#1
Not sure if I'm in the right forum for help sorry if I am.

Today I flashed my dell 5520 laptop to the latest bios from dell website. Immediately after I clicked start my laptop screen shutoff and sat there doing nothing for over an hour. Eventually I had to remove the battery for it to shut off. I restarted it and it still had the black screen and was beeping continuously. I came to the conclusion the flash had gone bad and started searching for ways to fix the problem.

I came across your website guide on how to recover it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it is not working. This is what I did.

I downloaded the oldest version bios I could for my laptop here
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...erId=9DMGW
I found the .fd file QCL00A04.fd using Phoenix tool and it said Working.... a popup said my recovery file is QCL00.bi? so is that .bin?
I renamed the original file to QCL00.bin and put it on a formatted flash drive and followed the steps on the guide. Nothing different happened. Am I doing something wrong? Please help and thanks.

Again my laptop I Dell 5520 and the motherboard is cn-0n35x3
find
quote
#2
Hello, JBomber!
I found one method how to recovery your BIOS.
1.Prepare USB drive and format it in FAT32.
2.Make 3 copies of QCL00.bi? and rename it in QCL00.bin,QCL00.rom,QCL00.fd.
3.Put it in root of USB drive's directory.
4.Dettach AC adapter and battery.
5.Attach USB drive and press continuously button END.
6.Attach AC adapter and after 5 sec press Power button (End button still pressing)
7.USB drive will be blinking so pressing END can be stopped.
8.Be patient for some time, BIOS will be recovery and laptop automatically shut down.

Let me khow how work this way.
Good Luck!
find
quote
#3
Just wanna make sure im not renaming the wrong file. When I extract the .exe file for bios I rename the .fd file that's inside of it to the one Phoenix tool said I should "QCL00.bin" and also the other 2 you said correct? The original .fd file I placed into Phoenix Tool is QCL00A04.fd. <<<<(So I rename this file right?) Sorry im not extremely tech savvy. Sad Also the popup said the file should be QCL00.f? why the question mark is it just a typo on phoenix? I gotta head to work now but when I get off I will try your method. Thanks I will let you know
find
quote
#4
Da Vinci Code

Wow I am so happy right now, it worked! Thank you very much for your time helping me. You saved me a lot of time and possible money.
I didn't have to push the power button thoe. As soon as I plugged the power cable in and continued hitting end, I heard the processor fire up and the USB Flash started flashing. Thank you very much!
find
quote
#5
Lightbulb 
My laptop BIOS settings can be Legacy or UEFI, but the problem is that I forgot the Supervisor Password. I'm completely locked out. I did everything like resetting RAM, CMOS, draining cmos. etc. I even contacted Dell for the backdoor password and It did not work. They just told me to replace my motherboard.

So I've tried many way. I also tried to download the latest BIOS in Dell website for my laptop. and I tried to install it in my non Dell PC in order to get the ".fd" file in it. I copy it in my new fresh formatted 3.0 USB FAT32 and I proceed by pressing the END key while my laptop is unplugged. and after plugging it the lights where blinking. but no still no display I waited for over 5 minutes and still no display. I try to unplugged my USB and still showing the Dell logo and asking for my supervisor password. which means that the upgrade did not work.

What do you recommend guys? THANKS.

Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron 5520
BIOS Type: InsydeH20
find
quote
#6
Information 
I've already followed these Instructions :

Insyde Bios Recovery Procedure For Notebooks

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...Bios-Flash


and

Dell BIOS recovery detail you might miss

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...might-miss

using a 16GB 3.0 USB . and plugging it in 2.0 Port.

Everytime I press END button and Plugging in the DC connection. my laptop will flash its led light but no display. (my lcd is still working and my unit is BIOS locked)

I saw the lights blinking just like 8 seconds and then It will turn off.

Is there something wrong?
find
quote
#7
Question 
Hi!

My laptop is fully bricked after a BIOS update, I can't turn it on, no LEDs, nothing. Tried some recovery methods like FN + ESC, WIN + B, CTRL + ESC, END key, still nothing, impossible to turn the laptop on.

Now I want to reflash it with SPI, but I don't know where to split the BIOS file. There are 2 flash chips on motherboard, one 2048KB and one 4096KB.

The BIOS .fd file that I have extracted from BIOS updater .exe with WinRAR is 7632KB, here is it: http://rgho.st/8pcsb5NqG

Tried /writeromfile and /writehdrfile too, not working. 

How can I get the correct files to reflash? Thanks a lot for help!
find
quote
#8
(11-27-2018, 04:35 AM)UDPSendToFailed Wrote: Hi!

My laptop is fully bricked after a BIOS update, I can't turn it on, no LEDs, nothing. Tried some recovery methods like FN + ESC, WIN + B, CTRL + ESC, END key, still nothing, impossible to turn the laptop on.

Now I want to reflash it with SPI, but I don't know where to split the BIOS file. There are 2 flash chips on motherboard, one 2048KB and one 4096KB.

The BIOS .fd file that I have extracted from BIOS updater .exe with WinRAR is 7632KB, here is it: http://rgho.st/8pcsb5NqG

Tried /writeromfile and /writehdrfile too, not working. 

How can I get the correct files to reflash? Thanks a lot for help!
Hi
need your bad bios dump (all chips)
find
quote
#9
I have reflashed the laptop with downloaded dumps for LA-8241P motherboard, still the same problem. Any ideas how to get it working?
find
quote
#10
(12-10-2018, 10:35 AM)UDPSendToFailed Wrote: I have reflashed the laptop with downloaded dumps for LA-8241P motherboard, still the same problem. Any ideas how to get it working?
Hi
need original Dell bios
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)