Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425661
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

Dell N7110 A13 & i7-2960XM
#1
(06-25-2017, 05:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on HM67 chipset. It doesn't support Ivy Bridge core.
Is it possible to put an I7-2960XM into my laptop?
find
quote
#2
OK. Now you need to stress GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.
find
quote
#3
I have an external GPU GTX 1060 3GB eGPU via mPCIe slot. will that change the test at all?
find
quote
#4
No, use native only.
find
quote
#5
The way my system is setup I don't use the native graphics card at all or the laptop screen.  I've installed the i7-2960xm and it runs great after I had to upgrade the power supply from 65w to anything over 90w. I went with a Dell DA130PE10-00 130w power supply. My future mark combined scores are at 18000 on sky dive. The only problem I'm having now is that I cannot change the multiplier with intel's extreme tuning utility. When I look under system it says 2.7ghz boost to 2.7ghz(screenshot 1), but I've seen the processes go up to 3.3 so far. The xtu says 3.1 under benchmark.(screenshot 2). i'll post CPUID screen shots. do I need to unlock the A13 bios in order to mess with the cpu settings??


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                   
find
quote
#6
First screenshot shows standard speed without Turbo Boost. It's static information.
find
quote
#7
ok what do you mean? I can't overclock the chip? what's static information?
find
quote
#8
I can't say better.
find
quote
#9
I think your CPU will overheat with thermal throttling.
P.S. BTW: I'm not a tutor. Offtopic deleted.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)