Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Dell Optiplex 745 - Slic 2.1 request for bios 2.6.6
#1
Dell Optiplex 745 - Slic 2.1 request

I am looking for Slic 2.1 for Dell Optiplex 745

-Manufacturer: Dell
-Model: Optiplex 745
-Bios revision: 2.6.6.
-Bios Type: Phoenix
-Bios Download Link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-745?driverId=GRJ7T&osCode=WW1&fileId=2847999872
find
quote
#2
(11-21-2012, 12:26 PM)tripx Wrote: Dell Optiplex 745 - Slic 2.1 request

I am looking for Slic 2.1 for Dell Optiplex 745

-Manufacturer: Dell
-Model: Optiplex 745
-Bios revision: 2.6.6.
-Bios Type: Phoenix
-Bios Download Link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-745?driverId=GRJ7T&osCode=WW1&fileId=2847999872

I have the same model and I found this: https://app.box.com/s/3cyqgp4j7zkj70di0gf5 mod that is supposed to work, but After flashing successfully and rebooting, slictoolkit reports: "Dump error, slic table not found" So it didn't work. Not only that, but when you retry it must see the bios is already that version and does nothing but reboot. I have posted this information on several forums but no one seems to care Sad

edit: I found answer to my problem. The asset must be reset in bios and you can do it by this procedure: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/9055-SLP-Marker-File-Update-Utilities?p=131377&viewfull=1#post131377 ... hope this helps everyone.
find
quote
#3
(02-06-2014, 11:04 AM)lostdongle Wrote:
(11-21-2012, 12:26 PM)tripx Wrote: Dell Optiplex 745 - Slic 2.1 request

I am looking for Slic 2.1 for Dell Optiplex 745

-Manufacturer: Dell
-Model: Optiplex 745
-Bios revision: 2.6.6.
-Bios Type: Phoenix
-Bios Download Link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-745?driverId=GRJ7T&osCode=WW1&fileId=2847999872

I have the same model and I found this: https://app.box.com/s/3cyqgp4j7zkj70di0gf5 mod that is supposed to work, but After flashing successfully and rebooting, slictoolkit reports: "Dump error, slic table not found" So it didn't work. Not only that, but when you retry it must see the bios is already that version and does nothing but reboot. I have posted this information on several forums but no one seems to care Sad

edit: I found answer to my problem. The asset must be reset in bios and you can do it by this procedure: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/9055-SLP-Marker-File-Update-Utilities?p=131377&viewfull=1#post131377 ... hope this helps everyone.

The link is dead. Does anyone have a working link for a modded 2.6.6 BIOS for the Dell Optiplex 745? I'd prefer it be modded with the Dell SLIC 2.1 stuff. The BIOS can be found here:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00224415..._2.6.6.exe

When I tried modding it myself using PhoenixTool, the EXE failed to run with:
Program Payload Error

An error was encountered trying to access the flash
program's data image, please reboot and try again. If this
error re-occurs,please contact technical help.


Thanks!
find
quote
#4
(03-17-2016, 05:03 PM)Spork Schivago Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 11:04 AM)lostdongle Wrote:
(11-21-2012, 12:26 PM)tripx Wrote: Dell Optiplex 745 - Slic 2.1 request

I am looking for Slic 2.1 for Dell Optiplex 745

-Manufacturer: Dell
-Model: Optiplex 745
-Bios revision: 2.6.6.
-Bios Type: Phoenix
-Bios Download Link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-745?driverId=GRJ7T&osCode=WW1&fileId=2847999872

I have the same model and I found this: https://app.box.com/s/3cyqgp4j7zkj70di0gf5 mod that is supposed to work, but After flashing successfully and rebooting, slictoolkit reports: "Dump error, slic table not found" So it didn't work. Not only that, but when you retry it must see the bios is already that version and does nothing but reboot. I have posted this information on several forums but no one seems to care Sad

edit: I found answer to my problem. The asset must be reset in bios and you can do it by this procedure: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/9055-SLP-Marker-File-Update-Utilities?p=131377&viewfull=1#post131377 ... hope this helps everyone.

The link is dead. Does anyone have a working link for a modded 2.6.6 BIOS for the Dell Optiplex 745? I'd prefer it be modded with the Dell SLIC 2.1 stuff. The BIOS can be found here:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00224415..._2.6.6.exe

When I tried modding it myself using PhoenixTool, the EXE failed to run with:
Program Payload Error

An error was encountered trying to access the flash
program's data image, please reboot and try again. If this
error re-occurs,please contact technical help.


Thanks!

I think I found a working modified 2.6.6 version. It's a bit different than the Dell's BIOS file though. It extracts files that get deleted after the new BIOS gets flashed and AndyP's tool recognizes it as a Dell BIOS but uncompressed and fails to locate the HDR file. When AndyP's tool tries to extract it, it actually runs the program and the BIOS flashes. I haven't checked to make sure the cert matches (because I need to install Windows 7 to verify because AndyP's tool won't work with this file) but SLIC ToolKit v3.2 shows SLIC v2.1 and when I turn on the PC, it shows BIOS version 2.6.6!!!! So I think I'm good. Thanks anyway!!!!
find
quote
#5
(03-18-2016, 10:22 PM)Spork Schivago Wrote: I think I found a working modified 2.6.6 version. It's a bit different than the Dell's BIOS file though. It extracts files that get deleted after the new BIOS gets flashed and AndyP's tool recognizes it as a Dell BIOS but uncompressed and fails to locate the HDR file. When AndyP's tool tries to extract it, it actually runs the program and the BIOS flashes. I haven't checked to make sure the cert matches (because I need to install Windows 7 to verify because AndyP's tool won't work with this file) but SLIC ToolKit v3.2 shows SLIC v2.1 and when I turn on the PC, it shows BIOS version 2.6.6!!!! So I think I'm good. Thanks anyway!!!!

So what is the way you found? Could you please share the link to your Modded Ver 2.6.6 with SLIC? I don't know why PhoenixTool.exe verify gives me HDR error when try to create one on my own...

Resultant BIOS gives Payload error also
find
quote
#6
(05-22-2016, 09:08 AM)ron_ja Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 10:22 PM)Spork Schivago Wrote: I think I found a working modified 2.6.6 version. It's a bit different than the Dell's BIOS file though. It extracts files that get deleted after the new BIOS gets flashed and AndyP's tool recognizes it as a Dell BIOS but uncompressed and fails to locate the HDR file. When AndyP's tool tries to extract it, it actually runs the program and the BIOS flashes. I haven't checked to make sure the cert matches (because I need to install Windows 7 to verify because AndyP's tool won't work with this file) but SLIC ToolKit v3.2 shows SLIC v2.1 and when I turn on the PC, it shows BIOS version 2.6.6!!!! So I think I'm good. Thanks anyway!!!!

So what is the way you found? Could you please share the link to your Modded Ver 2.6.6 with SLIC? I don't know why PhoenixTool.exe verify gives me HDR error when try to create one on my own...

Resultant BIOS gives Payload error also

I never found a way to modify the BIOS file. I could only find a pre-modded BIOS file for the Optiplex 745 (version 2.6.6). I ran that exe and it worked. I cannot remember what site I got it from, however, this link seems to work: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xge9p5..._2.6.6.rar

If I were you, I'd just make sure after you successfully modded the BIOS, you formatted the PC. I don't know if there's a virus in there or not. If it's the same program (I don't have the PC anymore so I can't test), it was weird. You run the EXE, it extracts stuff, it'll eventually reboot the PC, when the PC reboots, it'll start updating the BIOS. When it finishes updating the BIOS, it'll restart again. At this point in time, you can run the SLIC Toolkit to verify that the BIOS actually does contain SLIC v2.1. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if the link worked for you and if it was legit. Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)