Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227534
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Dell Studio XPS 1640
#11
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this but how did you make your dos package on the USB stick? I found this thread after searching forever for a unlocked Studio XPS 1640 bios and am really wanting to try this out. Any and all help/direction is wanted and appreciated.

Thanks,
Zehel
find
quote
#12
(11-21-2011, 11:42 PM)Zehel Wrote: I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this but how did you make your dos package on the USB stick? I found this thread after searching forever for a unlocked Studio XPS 1640 bios and am really wanting to try this out. Any and all help/direction is wanted and appreciated.

Thanks,
Zehel

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HO...BIOS--7426


boot from the usb
-Type "dir"->enter

looks like this
PHLASH16 .exe
BIOS .BIN
BIOS .ROM
BIOS .WPH

or
flashabl .rom (i did change the name to BIOS.ROM for ease of use)



so type C: PHLASH16 /X /FORCE /O /C /S BIOS.ROM

Let it go
find
quote
#13
This is the 1st modded bios I've seen for this model. Could someone tell me what extra settings are available? I could really do with memory timing/voltage control. GPU voltage would be a bonus too.

Thank you.
find
quote
#14
(02-20-2012, 09:03 AM)ahaslam Wrote: This is the 1st modded bios I've seen for this model. Could someone tell me what extra settings are available? I could really do with memory timing/voltage control. GPU voltage would be a bonus too.

Thank you.

I originally requested this hoping it would but unfortunately it there are no available overclocking options. You can disable throttling though which is an annoyance with this model.
find
quote
#15
I was hoping to change memory timings so that I could use some extra RAM I have laying around...
It still sounds appealing & I will no doubt flash it to disable throttling once I've got my desktop fixed.

Thank you.
find
quote
#16
(09-22-2011, 01:46 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: thanks alot for your feed back .
i will move the thread to unlocked section .
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

Hy, I'm new here, please help me with an answer:

I saw you unlocked a DELL STUDIO XPS 1640 bios a time ago, and I wanned to ask if that mod bios is suitable for all studio xps 1640 owners or it should be done particularly for each sistem.

Thank you very much!
find
quote
#17
Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask a question about Dell 1640. I have RW Everything and I want somehow to translate the EC table so I can modify it. Can you help me about this or tell me where to search?
find
quote
#18
Can anyone tell me if this bios will work on the XPS Studio 1340 model too?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)