Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6678
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6440
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14074
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424639
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 366
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225144
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309908
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62031
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169493
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6420

Dell XPS 720: Xeon E5450 support?
#11
Well.
Try to flash my mod, reboot and make new screenshot of regedit with "Windows 7 DVD".
find
quote
#12
Is there a way to flash it without needing to be in Windows? If not, that's okay, I'll just have to put the old CPU back in.
find
quote
#13
You can try to run it in DOS. Or in command line with "Windows 7 DVD".
find
quote
#14
Well it took a lot of fighting but I managed to get your mod installed. I didn't notice any changes in the BIOS options but now instead of just crashing when I try to boot Windows, I end up at a black screen with a cursor where things get stuck. Progress, I guess?

I don't know if this would help but I took another screenshot of that regedit section you told me to look at before and comparing to my previous picture, some values definitely changed.

https://i.imgur.com/onybhBR.jpg
find
quote
#15
Microcode is updated. But I don't know how to help you with Windows 7.
find
quote
#16
Well, I appreciate all the help you've given me so far. Thank you very much.
find
quote
#17
Did you set back to AHCI (or IDE if you were using that previously)? Check boot order page too, and make sure main HDD/SSD is at top of the boot disk priority section.
find
quote
#18
I've never touched any HDD options but I think the boot order does have the optical drive before the HDD. I'll have to fix that.
find
quote
#19
When you reflash BIOS settings will be changed, so you probably need to set AHCI/IDE again, whichever you were using before. And then on the hard drive priority list, move the main hard drive to the top. This is not the same settings where you choose to have a CD or USB device first, look for a hard drive boot priority list. But yes, the setting you mention should also have HDD first unless you are wanting to boot to CD or USB and cannot use the Boot menu option hotkey.
find
quote
#20
I don't actually have any options for hard drive type or a hard drive priority list, just a list of all SATA devices with the option to turn them on or off.

As a lark I decided to try installing Windows 10 and that installer crashes with a Kernel Security Error the first try and a System PTE Misuse error the second time.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)