Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107987
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425630
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227540
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119712
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

ECS A790GXM-AD3: Microcode Patch
#1
Hi everyone, sorry my poor language.

I had already created another thread ( http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-I-...790GXM-AD3 ) about this, but I confess that even I got lost.

I tried other ways, and I think I found my problem.

My motherboard does not release the use of Advanced Clock Calibration to unlock the cores of AMD processors.

I downloaded some programs to modify the BIOS and maybe find the problem.

I'd like someone remove the microcode image below:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9053/cpumicrocode.png

I'm afraid of corrupt my BIOS. Because I do not have experience, and you already are masters at it.

I think this is microcode (ID 0x00 dated 00/00/0000) that is preventing from running the ACC, in the old BIOS this code does not exist and ACC works correctly.

BIOS download link: http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/BIO...90T118.zip

(is a AMI BIOS)

Sorry for anything and Thank You All
find
quote
#2
Hello There

If what you say is true then this could be a very interesting discovery in the bios modding realm. I have previously seen both of the described scenarios:-

ACC used to work then a new bios update caused it to stop working

Bios update released which adds 0X00 00/00/0000 CPU Microcode does nothing!

Now if these two are linked , we could be on to something! Big Grin

You quote the following

Quote:I'm afraid of corrupt my BIOS. Because I do not have experience, and you already are masters at it.

Whilst its true we have more knowledge and experience , it doesnt mean we are guaranteed to give you a 100% successful mod. Bios modding is a very risky process and you take a risk every time you choose to flash a bios , whether its been modded or not!

Heres the bios with removed 0000 microcode.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/ECS%20A79...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Bios Flash was a success, but the ACC did not work.

Now I'm out of ideas.

if you want to analyze the microcode in the old BIOS on the ACC works, there are only these: http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6566/...cworks.png

the link to download it you can find there in my first topic.

but perhaps moving in the other codes only remove the support for other processors.

i'm thinking of selling this board = /

Sorry for the lost time, thanks for the help.
find
quote
#4
Are the 2 bioses shown in the screenshot for the same boards???

Admin
find
quote
#5
Yes. Ecs A790GXM-AD3.

the old BIOS has only those two microcode.

Why? I do not know.

But if you have any idea, I'm willing to test.

Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#6
Have you tried the bios at http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...19&LanID=0?

Its dated 2010 and adds support for six core cpus - it may also have a working ACC

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#7
yes I tried all the BIOS for my board.

My current BIOS is dated 04/27/10. Updated via eblue, new ECS system.

ACC does not work.

Blockade of ACC is official in the case of ECS.

Keep the old BIOS is impossible, even with the ACC working, there are many bugs, not worth it.

Thanks for your help, I think I've tried everything, I'll swap the motherboard, it's easier.

EDIT:

and if we try to leave only those two microcode in the new BIOS? is that the risk is greater not to work? Because if they are equal to the old, I think I'll identify my processor.
find
quote
#8
Out of interest can you please post me the release notes for the NEW bios (That hasnt got ECC). What fixes and bugs are fixed in the new one compared to the old one where ACC workd?

Admin
find
quote
#9
hello, sorry for the delay ...

the release notes of the ECS are scarce, so far I've only seen things like "fixed some issues" or "fixed some bugs and added support to XYZ processor. Additionally, the BIOS of this motherboard already had over 10 updates, and there is not a historical on site and unfortunately I also have not kept a record.

and now the new system from ECS, the eBLU, where will update the bios, there is no release note.

thanks for your help
find
quote
#10
Oh well thats not good, i was hoping we could learn what changes they made that could have led to ACC not working Sad

Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)