Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221268
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6580
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 189
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308717
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61626
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20015
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168640
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6045
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 584
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5536
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60814
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274721
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 704
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24683
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174264

FIC K8M-800M
#1
I downloaded the latest bios last year directly from my computer's support site. I have been reading information on the subject of overclocking, as well thinking I would be able to. I ran clockgen but needed the pll number and not to my surprise, I didn't find any with this FIC motherboard. Anyway I found one similar in this site, but the link is down. I am trying to try Oc'ing this computer since I heard that AMD semprons from the early 2000's were easy to overclock with stock fans, I recently added another fan and my cpu is stable at 40, basically I am trying to get the most out of this computer since it can handle it and I don't want to invest in any hardware on an older pc.

Motherboard Name FIC K8M-800M

Motherboard ID 05/11/2005-K8M800-8237-6A7L1F09C-00

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Award BIOS Message Version VVC08EM
http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_eMachines_VVC08EM_A_A.zip?acerid=633903954775596520&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=T%20SERIES&Step3=T3103&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=EMACHINES&SC=PA_6E
find
quote
#2
Try this at your own risk!

[EDIT: LINK DOWN] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/FIC%20K8M...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
(05-30-2011, 12:24 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Try this at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/FIC%20K8M...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Thanks! I will backup files/folders etc. and will try to flash later as it's the wee-hours of the morning. I've been looking for a flashable bios mod or cross flashing for about a month, tinkering with case fans and mod configurations to further cool this setup. I am using Win XP SP3, so I just recently, finally decided to install the DirectX 10 mod, and lo and behold it increase the performance of this PC by at least 35~45% videos are clearer, everything seems to work better, without the bios mod. I added a fan to the CPU drawing air in, since I ran into high 30's constantly having it the other way around. In addition, I made an upward facing solution for the GPU using my old spare and so far I have been getting mid to low 30's system/cpu and low 40's GPU even at the highest loads.. so I'm sure that a lot of folks can find this mod very useful, for those old eMachine setups out there.

Just as a quick-FAQ what features where you able to unlock besides the frequencies before I flash?

Late, mansgame
find
quote
#4
It unlocked this Sempron 3100+, it took me a while to figure out
the LDT timings and that they were the HT links I dropped it down to 200mhz
maxed out the bus to 232 and I am hitting low 40s @full load running 2 fans. I was not able to change the volts and vcore is this normal though?

idle load:
[Image: cpucomplete-maxedcpu11.jpg]

Edit: I meant to say I am running this with 2 case fans and 1 cpu fan on top of my stock cpu -sort of a ghetto mod if you will.

Note- Once I changed the bus value to around 207 or so without lowering the HT link PC (800Mhz default) wouldn't start normally, so lowering the LDT *HT link* 600Mhz or less was the most favorable.. in order to max the CPU, as I did to 2.08 Ghz, you need to use the minimum of 200 MHz for this one. I have experienced no problems whatsoever. I am using the stock 285~ watt PSU, and will probably add a SATA HDD in the future. Big Grin
find
quote
#5
Does this unlock the ability to be able to use both the IDE and the purposely disabled sata ports at the same time? Emachines shows the sata ports enable/disable, but specifically disables detection on the sata ports while something is on the ide ports ([censored] emachines)...would love to be able to use all 6 ports (2x2ide and 2 sata)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)