Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 798
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425657
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

First attempt on AsRock AliveNF6G-VSTA CPU Support
#1
I'm new to BIOS modding and I was going to try to enable Phenom II/Athlon II support on my AsRock AliveNF6G-VSTA.

What I tried doing was copying the AGESA and P6 Microcode from the N61PS160 BIOS (AsRock N61P-S) and replacing it over the ALiveNF6G-VSTA BIOS. I can't seem to open the modded file with the AMI tool anymore though.

I wonder if I've done something wrong.


Attached Files
.rar   ALiveNF6GVSTA.rar (Size: 729.09 KB / Downloads: 63)
.rar   N61PS160.rar (Size: 380.22 KB / Downloads: 19)
find
quote
#2
TheWiz is currently doing some extensive research on this.

Lets hope he can help you!

Admin
find
quote
#3
Well, I think I solved the puzzle for award (waiting on a couple more test results), but I have heard the replacement of AGESA in AMI isnt as easy as it sounds, but im taking a look and will get back soon.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#4
I bought Phenom2 x4 925 today and i have alivenf6g-vsta board. I thought it supports phenom 2 with newest bios but i got pretty dissapointed during first boot attempt..
Should i buy new am3 board? Are you getting progress there? Smile
I Have also Alivenf5sli-1394 but i think it doesnt support phenom 2 ether.
find
quote
#5
Well, if you can get a bios posted with the support you want, I can see whats possible, but AMi/AMD is harder because of its embedded AGESA module, so I would either let me see if I can do something, but if you dont have the means to recover from a bad flash, I think yo might want to move on.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
(12-25-2009, 05:20 AM)redfedora Wrote: I'm new to BIOS modding and I was going to try to enable Phenom II/Athlon II support on my AsRock AliveNF6G-VSTA.

What I tried doing was copying the AGESA and P6 Microcode from the N61PS160 BIOS (AsRock N61P-S) and replacing it over the ALiveNF6G-VSTA BIOS. I can't seem to open the modded file with the AMI tool anymore though.

I wonder if I've done something wrong.

Your bios dead, your modded version 1b module doesn't included any agesa, and its size is about a half of your original 1b module.

by the way, the last public 2.25(beta) bios agesa the same as the asrock alivenf6g-glan last (1.80) bios : CPU AGESA V3.13.43
AGESA 3.3.2.0,
so i think it supports a couple of am3 and am2+ cpus like -glan officialy.

p.s.: as i read on the forums, the last beta for -vsta is 2.26, but I've nowhere can download it. If anybody can send me that bios (AsRock AliveNF6G-VSTA L2.26), I would have be very happy.


(12-28-2009, 05:49 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Well, if you can get a bios posted with the support you want, I can see whats possible, but AMi/AMD is harder because of its embedded AGESA module, so I would either let me see if I can do something, but if you dont have the means to recover from a bad flash, I think yo might want to move on.

TheWiz
Hello,
is it possible to update agesa and cpu microcode that bios? maybe x6 cpu support possibile by update?
And U have any "howto" on change the agesa in this AMI bios (rev engineering)?

find
quote
#7
We don't really have a how to yet but if you have a good donor AMI BIOS we could update the agesa for you.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#8
(09-05-2010, 11:13 AM)TheWiz Wrote: We don't really have a how to yet but if you have a good donor AMI BIOS we could update the agesa for you.

TheWiz

O.K, thank you.
So what does it mean : good donor?
With support x6 or same(or equal) PCB components and support x6?
From other manufacturer or from equal?
or only an AMI bios with high agesa ver? it seems too easy to found Wink
find
quote
#9
Fifnd a similar motherboard from the same manufacturer that supports X6 (similar hipset perferred) and then we can replace the AGESA into this BIOS and test it.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#10
(09-06-2010, 11:29 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Fifnd a similar motherboard from the same manufacturer that supports X6 (similar hipset perferred) and then we can replace the AGESA into this BIOS and test it.

TheWiz

Thank a lot.
I'v currently found the bios "NFORCE6M-A2 (V1.0A)" with x6 support, and nforce 430/Gf6150SE chipset from just ECS
it's
CPU.AGESA.V3.13.67
and
AGESA.V3.7.0.0

The size of 1b is similar but it has a couple of cpu patch, and more modules, and the bios rom size is double at all that alivenf6g-vsta.

I hope it's enough good donor for you.

Mod: I've got the latest bios from pctreiber http://www.pctreiber.net/asrock-bios-downloads?did=153
I've upload it also:
.zip   asrock_alivenf6g-vsta_bios_226.zip (Size: 377.73 KB / Downloads: 179) . (Changelog:
to support CPU 940, 945, and 955 (C2 & C3) and Sempron 140, 245, 250, 550, 620)
As I've known, this have AGESA.V3.3.2.0, CPU.AGESA.3.13.43

.zip   ALiveNF6G-VSTA_2.25.zip (Size: 377.56 KB / Downloads: 69)

.zip   donor.zip (Size: 716.92 KB / Downloads: 58)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)