Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424330
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3597
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224238
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6773
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309643
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 605
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20260
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169226
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6314
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 808
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61170

Fujitsu Stylistic ST6012
#11
I have some news. Just an update on progress regarding BIOS unlocking.
It looks like this is going to take a little longer.


The ROMEXEC presence error was easily fixed. But, as it turned out, this BIOS is not so simple. Instead of one error, there's another, more serious one appeared. It sounds something like: error in module OLD1.RLS. I don't remember how it spells exactly, but it doesn't matter.


Now there are two possible scenarios... This is in case if we want an almost completely unlocked BIOS. And I WANT IT.
First, we can manually recreate the look of the BIOS UI with all its menus, including the hidden ones, by illustrating it in a notepad. For example, how I did it for some Samsung notebook. But I do not want to resort to this, because then was just a hopeless situation, and the Fujitsu BIOS also has too many more settings to tinker with.

Second, it is more likely to fix the problem in a certain part of STRINGS module. I already localized it. One of the values corresponding to a name string identifier is not correct, and for both EN and JP languages.
And yes, I've tried removing one of the language packs, hoping to fix this issue quickly. But no luck. Maybe a compilation error?

Enforcing PBE to continue loading even if STRINGS is corrupted, I found out that this problem does not occur artificially due to PBE, missing ROMEXEC or else. PBE still can read menu tables from the TEMPLATES module correctly. The only thing is that there is no names for anything, except entries types.

Will see what I can get.
find
quote
#12
Thanks for the update.
Many options there? I'm very impatient to know what those are.

PBE is old and needs to be updated, I wish we had its source code for this purpose.
Wouldn't you mind making a guide about how to fix the whole thing to make it readable in the PBE? I guess someone might need it if they get in the same trouble. We will also have to be able to compile the BIOS back if possible. Otherwise, how do we save the edits?

By the way, do you have enough skills at IDA disassembler?
find
quote
#13
(12-28-2022, 10:53 PM)Remdale Wrote: Thanks for the update.
Many options there? I'm very impatient to know what those are.
I think I can make it real.

I confirmed the bug location. Chose name string, which in my opinion is correct. Next, assigned its numeric identifier for all others in the STRINGS module.
The error is gone. Now I need to filter out incorrect value(s) in the same way.
Will do when I have time.
(12-28-2022, 10:53 PM)Remdale Wrote: Wouldn't you mind making a guide about how to fix the whole thing to make it readable in the PBE?
Maybe.
(12-28-2022, 10:53 PM)Remdale Wrote: We will also have to be able to compile the BIOS back if possible.
No worries. We'll be able.
(12-28-2022, 10:53 PM)Remdale Wrote: By the way, do you have enough skills at IDA disassembler?
I do have some skills. So I was able to move forward. I used IDA to skip the ROMEXEC warning and else...
find
quote
#14
That's awesome! So is the BIOS file problematic itself or it's the PBE which is too old to be able to open the new format?
(12-29-2022, 02:44 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: I do have some skills. So I was able to move forward. I used IDA to skip the ROMEXEC warning and else...
Great, I will PM you
find
quote
#15
(12-29-2022, 07:30 AM)Remdale Wrote: That's awesome! So is the BIOS file problematic itself or it's the PBE which is too old to be able to open the new format?
I would say the culript is the BIOS.

Check this out.
(12-29-2022, 02:44 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: The error is gone. Now I need to filter out incorrect value(s) in the same way.
Will do when I have time.
Can you indicate for me which menus are not available so I could start unlocking?
[Image: b-a.jpg]
find
quote
#16
I have removed the BGA CPU from the motherboard, so I can't check out which options are available unless I solder it back on the board. But I have a manual with all the tabs and menus. I don't remember if all of these are actually visible, but I hope they are. Have a look
[Image: XddmSzo.jpg]
[Image: lIw0aYP.jpg]
[Image: YjPlbQQ.jpg]
[Image: hCk6YXL.jpg]
[Image: hEwZqOC.jpg]
[Image: Kam5XF0.jpg]
find
quote
#17
(12-29-2022, 03:09 PM)Remdale Wrote: I have a manual with all the tabs and menus.
Thanks.
The only thing I see not available is the Advanced Chipset Control menu. Not quite sure how to make it visible. I didn't ask Sml6397 about this.

So I did the following. I moved all the settings from this menu to an Intel menu in the hope that it is not affected by the hide flag, and moved this menu to an accessible location.
BIOS MOD: Fujitsu Stylistic ST6012.zip
Confirm if the modification went smooth when you get the motherboard to work.
[Image: it-worked7.jpg]

And here's something for you to play with: Remdale.zip
find
quote
#18
Ok, thanks. Will flash as soon as I get the device back to the working state.

In the notes in the 2nd archive it says "First, load dummy, then load a target Phoenix BIOS file." Does it always have to be done after each start of the program? How does this change anything?

In the notes in the 1st archive there addresses next to each setting. What are those addresses about? What is the whole file for? And what does "space 4320" mean?
find
quote
#19
Oh, I forgot to ask. How do you think why are these without proper names?
[Image: UFsiihl.jpg]
find
quote
#20
(12-30-2022, 03:52 AM)Remdale Wrote: In the notes in the 2nd archive it says "First, load dummy, then load a target Phoenix BIOS file." Does it always have to be done after each start of the program?
After each PC reboot or PBE overflow error. To open the problematic BIOS for some reason it requires to load valid data of some normal BIOS to RAM.

(12-30-2022, 03:52 AM)Remdale Wrote: In the notes in the 1st archive there addresses next to each setting. What are those addresses about? What is the whole file for? And what does "space 4320" mean?
See this.

(12-30-2022, 03:52 AM)Remdale Wrote: How do you think why are these without proper names?
The manufacturer's mistakes, I guess.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)