Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14365
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0) and quickboot
#1
GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)
bios ver F11e

Hello,

This motherboad is great exept for one thing : the post check phase is way too long.
With RAID activated it takes at least 20-30 seconds before windows can start to boot.

So I was wondering if there was a way for you to add an option for a sort of quickboot in the bios, in order to skip all the memory checks and stuff.


Some ASUS motherboards have this option, my asus laptop can do it : without quickboot it takes 60 seconds to boot up to the OS but when it is enabled it boots in less than 30 seconds, as there is no post check at all, this is the kind of thing I am looking for.

I have a 6 years old laptop booting faster than my pc with an overclocked q9550 and a SSD... please tell me you can change this Undecided

edit : I don't know if this could help but apparently recently Gigabyte released a bios for the ep45 ud3p adding a quickboot option : here
find
quote
#2
We cannot add new functionality , only unlock it if its hidden

Unfortunately there werent any quick boot options hidden Sad Sorry

Admin
find
quote
#3
Are you sure you can't just disable the RAID option ROM from outputting on POST?
www find
quote
#4
Arhhh too bad !
It seems pretty unlikely but it doesn't cost money to ask :can't you "copy" a piece of the code from the ud3p bios and "paste" it in the ds3r bios ? (sorry if it seems stupid but when it comes to bios editing I simply don't know what I am talking about)
I can't disable the RAID for now as I have a lot of sensitive data on my raid1; if I don't find alternatives I may switch to a fully software raid1 (bleh) to skip the raid ROM thingy, as basically I bought a SSD to boot up quickly : for now I spend 30 seconds in the POST and 10 seconds actually booting Windows.

Well thanks for your answers anyway !
find
quote
#5
Give me a day or two to try what you are suggesting with the dsr3. Indeed you cannot just copy and paste, but it may be doable.

Stay tuned!
TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
Wow ! Many thanks for your efforts !
find
quote
#7
Hello,

Any news ? Big Grin
find
quote
#8
I don't know if I should thank you or blame you for making me hope.
I came here to check in almost every day but it seems you gave up without letting me know...
A little word to tell me where you were with this would have been greatly appreciated but it's not like you owed me anything.

You guys are doing an amazing job providing a lot of help to a lot of people, so thanks anyway.
find
quote
#9
Hey Ccouac,

I have been trying my best to juggle all these requests but life has been very busy. The only possibility I forsee right now is somehow integrating _ITEM.BIN.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)