Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6438
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14069
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424633
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3669
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 362
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225111
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119236
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6832
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 456
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309899
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62024
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 675
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20335
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169490
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6417
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 879

GA-M68M-S2P (rev. 1.0) F5 BIOS unlock
#11
I see you googled and found others sharing the same problem, but did you try the most common solution given:

Quote:Turn off and unplug your computer, then pop out your CMOS battery for a minute or so, then replace it.

X3 445 @ X4 B45 Deneb | Prolimatech Megahalems @ CoolerMaster Excaliburs | ASUS M3A78-T | 4x2GB DDR2-800 PNY | 1 TB WD Black | ASUS HD4870 @ Accelero TwinTurbo Pro | Theater 550Pro | CoolerMaster HAF 922 | Zalman MFC-1 Plus | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Microlab TMN-1 | Chieftec APS-550S | Samsung 206BW
find
quote
#12
(12-20-2010, 04:33 PM)presola Wrote: I see you googled and found others sharing the same problem, but did you try the most common solution given:

Quote:Turn off and unplug your computer, then pop out your CMOS battery for a minute or so, then replace it.

.....???.....

that just resest the CMOS. >.<
I want to overclock but every time I do it trips the safe mode setting in the BIOS, Im looking for a way to bypass the safe mode setting so I can overclock. If I reset CMOS then it will restore defaults anyway, same thing the safe mode is doing.

find
quote
#13
The aforementioned procedure does a little more than just "reset the CMOS"... Google it if you will.

X3 445 @ X4 B45 Deneb | Prolimatech Megahalems @ CoolerMaster Excaliburs | ASUS M3A78-T | 4x2GB DDR2-800 PNY | 1 TB WD Black | ASUS HD4870 @ Accelero TwinTurbo Pro | Theater 550Pro | CoolerMaster HAF 922 | Zalman MFC-1 Plus | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Microlab TMN-1 | Chieftec APS-550S | Samsung 206BW
find
quote
#14
(12-21-2010, 12:14 PM)presola Wrote: The aforementioned procedure does a little more than just "reset the CMOS"... Google it if you will.

OMG 2.8 to 3.0!!!
Well I guess this is progress.
OK so after putting the cmos jumper in(clear CMOS), I am now able to boot with out the safe mode warning. Only thing is, Its still the same.
well sort of. While in a fresh load I can get to 3.02. weird thing is
Fsb=286 and CPUx=14 for total 4000 so why only 3.02
I have gotten this a few times before with fsb 250 cpu 14 for 3.5 but still got 3.02.

Presola thanks for your help so far, But I think I'm hitting a wall.
I'm running ddr2 800, is that why I cant get past 3.02

find
quote
#15
Did you clear the CMOS the way I suggested or did you just move the jumper a couple of times? Again, both methods produce different results.

I don't think the memory is the problem - after all, there are dividers for it. The problem, IMO, is that the board is not designed to run a CPU at 4GHz - it's designed to be cheap Big Grin

X3 445 @ X4 B45 Deneb | Prolimatech Megahalems @ CoolerMaster Excaliburs | ASUS M3A78-T | 4x2GB DDR2-800 PNY | 1 TB WD Black | ASUS HD4870 @ Accelero TwinTurbo Pro | Theater 550Pro | CoolerMaster HAF 922 | Zalman MFC-1 Plus | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Microlab TMN-1 | Chieftec APS-550S | Samsung 206BW
find
quote
#16
(12-22-2010, 02:33 PM)presola Wrote: Did you clear the CMOS the way I suggested or did you just move the jumper a couple of times? Again, both methods produce different results.

I don't think the memory is the problem - after all, there are dividers for it. The problem, IMO, is that the board is not designed to run a CPU at 4GHz - it's designed to be cheap Big Grin

EDIT: Tested jumper-free/Default with reset CMOS Via no battery for 20 mins. When entering Bios, it was typical Optimized Defaults. I Changed FSB to 250 and CPUx to 14 for a sapossed 3.5, aswell as disabling turbo and k8
and got past load screen with no warning. Upon Entering OS I found the ghz at (default/no boost) 3.02

"designed to be cheap Big Grin" Absolutely
Ok, so i figured out the 3.02 thing.
2.81=default
3.02=turbo boost/K8coolnquiet Disabled

Sucky thing about that is, with turbo it supposedly goes up to 3.3 under load.
One would think that turning off a energy saver would run it at the max 3.3
but that's not the case.



find
quote
#17
I Have Google searched for hours and found nothing in regards to "reset the CMOS" for the m68m
.
It was a 45$ mobo so this is what one could expect. The thing that bugs me, is that it has a F1 option to unlock Advanced chipset options, but they all dont work! It seems to me that there is a security feature prohibiting Overclocking. I am betting its there so a bottom of the line mobo cant compete with the next step up in there line. But If it is just a BIOS Lock, I would think it would be possible to BYPASS it buy editing the bios.
I will say this ordeal has Educated me more about BIOS, and the idea of editing it, witch I never considered till now.
find
quote
#18
(10-29-2010, 04:26 PM)presola Wrote: Some miscellaneous options were unlocked:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3338100/Bios%20m...locked.rar

As usual, flash at your own risk!

Hello! Sorry for bumping. I'm actually using this board now (yes, I know it's an old one), but I have just one question. Is it possible to downgrade BOTH BIOSes (main and backup ? Thank you.

P.S. I'm talking about the official ones, not using any mods.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)