Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[GA-X58A-UD7 rev 2.0] Unable to downgrade from a 2M to 1 M BIOS image. [RESOLVED]
#1
Hi,
After upgrading from factory BIOS version X58AUD7.FB (1MB) to X58AUD7.FD (2MB) (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=3527#bios) I am unable to flash back to older 1MB BIOS images.  Confused  I've tried all three factory-recommended methods for BIOS updates: 1) Qflash 2) FLASHSPI.exe 3) @BIOS utility

When trying to flash to a 1MB BIOS using the above methods the utility program either tell me that the BIOS image file is bad or is of incorrect size.

With all factory-recommended methods failing I then tried to use the BIO Update method here at bios-mods.com but the AwardBIOS Flash Utility froze when I tried to flash X58AUD7.FB (from Gigabyte).

[Image: 1NzveBB.jpg]
I need to revert back to an older (1MB) BIOS version; my problem has to do with a boot issue I am having with an LSI raid card when the onboard raid option rom is enabled. (Yes, I am certain this is the cause of my problem.)

The two eeproms for the dual BIOSes are soldered SOP's and not DIPs.

Any help is much appreciated.
find
quote
#2
Ok friend,
I don't know if your actual Bios is the same on both Eeprom Chip (I think not yet)
but DUALBios :

http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/55/tec...albios.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhI-t5lh_38

I haven't this MoBo and cannot say more but there is a switch on board to
enable or disable 2nd Eeprom Chip !
You have to find more googleing . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/786190/how-to...e-dualbios

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/clos...y,397.html


I don't know much about this, but this user wrote . . .

"ok while jumping pins 4 and 7 on the main bios chip and powering on the comp
I was able to force the backup bios to boot and flash the main bios with its contents.... "

http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/moth...041_4.html

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pd...L1605.html

http://www.45it.com/weixiujq/200903/20587.htm

So You have to use a piece of cable to create a short-circuit with pin 4 and 7 on Main Bios Eeprom Chip,
so 4 = GND and 7 = VCC It's like put Power to ground just to power on the MoBo (switch on the PC) then
after this Procedure will start You can remove the connection on Pins and leave It to end !

let me know
Reagrds

P.S. I haven't tried and don't know, and I am not responsable of eventual Damage, but theorically has to work Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
I managed to have the backup BIOS to kick in and it reflashed the main BIOS EEPROM with the factory default BIOS version FB.

@BDMaster, the short-circuit method you described is EEPROM chip-specific, and according to the pinout diagram you've provided, do you perhaps mean to say shorting pin 8 (VCC) to pin 4 (GND)?  (Just to make sure we are on the same page)

From the information I have gathered there are three ways to invoke the BIOS recovery process:

Method #1:
1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways) 
2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
1. Shut your PC down
2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Method #3:
Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.

, the first two of which I've verified to work.

[Image: ywPD4Ab.jpg]

Btw, would you happen to know what "HPA" refers to?

Credits go to Wesley Macedo.
Special thanks to BDMaster.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)