Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227568
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310590
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Gateway LT31 AHCI unlock Bios request
#31
(05-19-2014, 05:42 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Did you try the instructions I posted in my previous comment?




(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... will try tomorrow at work as that is where the computer is. In the meantime, do have a question though on BIOS'. For the LT31 / L110 / Phoenix unit, do you have a recommended stable BIOS (with AHCI) that doesn't exhibit the SLEEP / HIBERNATE issues so many people (including me) fight with?
find
quote
#32
Hello timgatton,

Sorry, but I do not have the experience or resources (the notebook) necessary to help you with that specific problem, but you could try messing with Windows settings.

Just for information for other people who may be able to help you:
What is the exact issue with hibernation/sleep? Is there an error message? Does it fail some of the time? Does it always fail? Does it lead to an unrecoverable hibernate (where you have to delete the saved session and reboot windows)? Does it not wake up/have trouble waking up from sleep? Are one/both features unconditionally disabled (the feature is present and disabled, but you can't enable it or it reverts after you do change it when you try to use the sleep/hibernate feature)?


(05-19-2014, 06:16 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 05:42 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Did you try the instructions I posted in my previous comment?


(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... will try tomorrow at work as that is where the computer is. In the meantime, do have a question though on BIOS'. For the LT31 / L110 / Phoenix unit, do you have a recommended stable BIOS (with AHCI) that doesn't exhibit the SLEEP / HIBERNATE issues so many people (including me) fight with?

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#33
(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... could not follow the directions as my original disk is NOT SP1 and it sees that it's not compatible. However, various web sites said I could do it from the normal login, so I did it that way. Still no joy as at no time will it try to run Windows ... seems like it needs the drivers to see the disk, and until Windows runs, it won't see the disk.

Once this is resolved, I'll comment on the SLEEP issues.
find
quote
#34
I have the same situation (disc version wise and OS wise) as you, so I will retest the instructions on my notebook.



(05-21-2014, 02:31 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... could not follow the directions as my original disk is NOT SP1 and it sees that it's not compatible. However, various web sites said I could do it from the normal login, so I did it that way. Still no joy as at no time will it try to run Windows ... seems like it needs the drivers to see the disk, and until Windows runs, it won't see the disk.

Once this is resolved, I'll comment on the SLEEP issues.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#35
(05-21-2014, 03:59 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I have the same situation (disc version wise and OS wise) as you, so I will retest the instructions on my notebook.



(05-21-2014, 02:31 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... could not follow the directions as my original disk is NOT SP1 and it sees that it's not compatible. However, various web sites said I could do it from the normal login, so I did it that way. Still no joy as at no time will it try to run Windows ... seems like it needs the drivers to see the disk, and until Windows runs, it won't see the disk.

Once this is resolved, I'll comment on the SLEEP issues.

I figured out that I needed to go into the drivers and UNINSTALL the ATA SATA controller driver. That then required a re-boot. Did the re-boot but F2'd it and turned on AHCI ... powered right up, installed the newest drivers, rebooted, and now it's working.
find
quote
#36
That's great!


(05-21-2014, 04:04 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 03:59 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I have the same situation (disc version wise and OS wise) as you, so I will retest the instructions on my notebook.



(05-21-2014, 02:31 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 04:06 PM)timgatton Wrote: thank you. Got it working, and while the SLEEP and RESTART doesn't work as clean as I'd like, the big killer is AHCI ... I turn it on and Windows won't boot.

Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... could not follow the directions as my original disk is NOT SP1 and it sees that it's not compatible. However, various web sites said I could do it from the normal login, so I did it that way. Still no joy as at no time will it try to run Windows ... seems like it needs the drivers to see the disk, and until Windows runs, it won't see the disk.

Once this is resolved, I'll comment on the SLEEP issues.

I figured out that I needed to go into the drivers and UNINSTALL the ATA SATA controller driver. That then required a re-boot. Did the re-boot but F2'd it and turned on AHCI ... powered right up, installed the newest drivers, rebooted, and now it's working.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#37
(05-21-2014, 04:14 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: That's great!


(05-21-2014, 04:04 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 03:59 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I have the same situation (disc version wise and OS wise) as you, so I will retest the instructions on my notebook.



(05-21-2014, 02:31 PM)timgatton Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 05:22 PM)Calab Wrote: Windows won't start because it doesn't know how to handle the AHCI hardware. This is something that is determined/installed during the Windows installation.

There are articles online that show how to switch to ACHI without having to reload Windows. Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google.

Hi ... could not follow the directions as my original disk is NOT SP1 and it sees that it's not compatible. However, various web sites said I could do it from the normal login, so I did it that way. Still no joy as at no time will it try to run Windows ... seems like it needs the drivers to see the disk, and until Windows runs, it won't see the disk.

Once this is resolved, I'll comment on the SLEEP issues.

I figured out that I needed to go into the drivers and UNINSTALL the ATA SATA controller driver. That then required a re-boot. Did the re-boot but F2'd it and turned on AHCI ... powered right up, installed the newest drivers, rebooted, and now it's working.

Now I wish I could get it to shut down all the way ... software based SHUT DOWN commands do not power it all the way down ... have to wait until the screen turns either light or very-dark blue, then depress POWER for 5 seconds to get it to turn off.

Looking for the settings to change in order to Overclock.
find
quote
#38
(05-21-2014, 04:17 PM)timgatton Wrote: Looking for the settings to change in order to Overclock.

You can use setfsb to overclock. Needing to underclock is much harder, it requires DSDT patching of the BIOS. That would be a way to run a TK-42, but you would have to underclock it to at most 1.4 GHz if not 1.2 GHz anyway.

If anyone reads this ancient thread here's my problem: No matter which BIOS I use, I never seem to actually be able to enable AHCI. I always just get the pciide controller back under storage controllers, after a very lengthy boot process. All disk access is very slow while the BIOS is set to AHCI, but it works just fine. None of the registry settings seem to do any good. I don't know if there is any way to tell if the AHCI driver has actually been installed, but if there is, it would be helpful.
find
quote
#39
(02-15-2012, 06:29 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Try this one with unlocked AHCI option :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?t57px33ujo54zay

i will wait your reply .

good evening, Ahmed..it worked..in Windows..i had to use the Winphlash64 that came with the Gateway BIOS update..but now I'm in AHCI..here's the thing though..you 1st have to use the Standard AHCI driver that Microsoft provides..then once you're in..you can switch to the one you want to use..(AMD's AHCI driver was kind of slow..so I stuck with the Microsoft one)..but it works..i want to use the AHCI option with my Dell Mini 1010..i'll see if I can grab your AHCI option & build it into the Dell BIOS..(they're both Phoenix..so it should work..again..thanks//Peace..& God bless you & yours..

A-Weapons..South Bronx, NYC..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)