Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 22216
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5315 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: FG_JK
Today 11:35 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5902
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-575(G) BIOS unl...
Today 10:00 AM
» Replies: 142
» Views: 51595
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU BIOS U...
Last Post: kenpachi
Today 05:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 62
Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1...
Last Post: mforce2
Today 04:33 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Thinkpad Lenovo L13 Yoga gen3 ...
Last Post: quantumx3
Yesterday 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 217
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programme...
Last Post: pareja119
Yesterday 01:58 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 108018
New Members Say Hi Here
Last Post: Gordin
Yesterday 01:18 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 210486
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 08:38 AM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 21731
GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
Last Post: weser
03-16-2024 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 99
PCIe Bifurcation on Fujitsu D3402-B21
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 06:12 AM
» Views: 85
[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to ...
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 05:57 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 262
amibios 5.12 modding help
Last Post: osku81
03-15-2024 01:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
ch341a and asprogrammer error
Last Post: jean luc ferre
03-15-2024 01:10 PM
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideadpad N581 Whitelist...
03-15-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 237
» Views: 58365
CPU upgrade on Asus X51L
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-15-2024 12:21 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1345
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E320 (8NE...
03-14-2024 05:22 PM
» Replies: 96
» Views: 26493
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (15CNxxWW)...
Last Post: analiel1
03-14-2024 03:10 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4660
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
03-14-2024 02:50 PM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 65694
Xeon E5-26xx V4 ES & ASUS x99-A II
Last Post: massimo.cressoni
03-14-2024 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12612

Gateway M-6337 BIOS Mod & Help Reducing Temperatures
(09-16-2021, 03:42 AM)BDMaster Wrote: @jace1
Please upload the bios mod you have got,  to check  the modifies that it has applied ... so we can check for which platform
it is ...
Regards

OK, it was hiding on the page that said its got all the modified gateway phoenix bios's but every link is dead. it was the only one using a different file upload site. All I know for sure is my current bios is 95.10 but gateway site says 89.91.24 an doesn't even have the 95.10 and Intel shows me the one I'm using and the 89.91.24 for the m-6882 the same thing the modified bios says its for.I'd like to be able to flash this one it has windows 7 support the 95.10 tops at Vista 
.rar   Gateway M-6882h BIOS 89.91.24 MOD.rar (Size: 924.21 KB / Downloads: 4)

It's only a life time, Nobody lives forever. 
Link:Check out my deviantart page These are the mods I make now
www find
(09-16-2021, 04:56 AM)jace1 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 03:42 AM)BDMaster Wrote: @jace1
Please upload the bios mod you have got,  to check  the modifies that it has applied ... so we can check for which platform
it is ...
Regards

OK, it was hiding on the page that said its got all the modified gateway phoenix bios's but every link is dead. it was the only one using a different file upload site. All I know for sure is my current bios is 95.10 but gateway site says 89.91.24 an doesn't even have the 95.10 and Intel shows me the one I'm using and the 89.91.24 for the m-6882 the same thing the modified bios says its for.I'd like to be able to flash this one it has windows 7 support the 95.10 tops at Vista 

Hello,

A couple questions:

1.) You said that the 95.10 version tops out at Vista, not supporting 7. Where did you find this information? The flashing utility (phlash16) is run in a DOS environment on a flashdrive and shouldn't be impacted by your Windows version. As long as the BIOS supports Vista, I think it should support 7. If it doesn't somehow, then you can just use phlash16 to flash back the old version (put both 89.*.rom and 95.10.rom on the flash drive.

2.) Which version do you ultimately want modded? It sounds like you want the 89.91.24 version modded due to potential compatibility issues but would prefer the newer version if it turns out to not have compatibility issues.

It appears that the mod that you posted already has the INTEL Menu under the "Workaround Control Sub-Menu" in the Advanced Menu.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
It's really just what the gateway and Intel sites said. Which doesn't mean much. I'm currently running windows 7 x86 on the 95.10 so it works and all but it lost some opengl functionality. in Vista it was using OpenGL 2.0 the hardwares max supported version, but the drivers 7 is using only using version 1.1. But id still have to use the OpenGL mesa modules ether way.
But I'm not sure I trust flashing the 89.91.24 bios. I kinda feel it may have just been a mistake on the gateway website. Especially when they didn't list any of the M-series laptops using the 95.10 bios. so I'm just going to wait for him to finish that up the 95.10 mod before I flash this thing. Because it's got exactly what I need. Better thermal management, I have to run the cpu at 65‰ power to avoid a shut down every 15 minutes.
[Image: anime-dancing.gif]

www find
(09-17-2021, 04:22 AM)jace1 Wrote: It's really just what the gateway and Intel sites said. Which doesn't mean much. I'm currently running windows 7 x86 on the 95.10 so it works and all but it lost some opengl functionality. in Vista it was using OpenGL 2.0 the hardwares max supported version, but the drivers 7 is using only using version 1.1. But id still have to use the OpenGL mesa modules ether way.
But I'm not sure I trust flashing the 89.91.24 bios. I kinda feel it may have just been a mistake on the gateway website. Especially when they didn't list any of the M-series laptops using the 95.10 bios. so I'm just going to wait for him to finish that up the 95.10 mod before I flash this thing. Because it's got exactly what I need. Better thermal management, I have to run the cpu at 65‰ power to avoid a shut down every 15 minutes.
[Image: anime-dancing.gif]

Okay, I will mod the 95.10 version. ETA is either tonight or tomorrow.

Just curious, have you tried installing the Vista drivers on 7? According to my personal experience, this has worked several times (though I've never tried it specifically with graphics drivers). Create a restore point in Windows before trying this and if you can't see your screen after installation, boot into Safe Mode (press F8 while booting), go to Device Manager (find it in the Start Menu), and uninstall the Vista driver (right click the graphics card). I have a feeling it might work though.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-19-2021, 06:29 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Okay, I will mod the 95.10 version. ETA is either tonight or tomorrow.

Just curious, have you tried installing the Vista drivers on 7?

Awesome then I can have my cpu at 100%.

Yeah the Vista drivers were going to be a last resort. But then I found a work around, "OpenGL mesa" it emulates better hardware environment and let's me run OpenGL 3.6.
And once the bios is done it might not be a bad machine for 3d model editing. still might not do to well with rendering but I never thought it would be. A single frame rendered in Daz3d would probably take it 6 to 8 hours.

www find
Hello jace,

Your BIOS mod is complete!

I unlocked the hidden INTEL Menu which should be full of fun and useful settings. The ACPI Control Sub-Menu and CPU Control Sub-Menu in particular will be of interest to your goals, though I would advise checking out everything.

Please post the results of the BIOS flash! Let me know if you need assistance with undervolting (if you choose to) or any of the BIOS settings. While I am an expert in neither of these, I will do my best to help.

Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: f14e1173a54faf45fc2e0226e462c19c
SHA-1: 4e3709f69d189f5f37176a7002531ed7bf0a419a

Attached Files
.rar   Gateway-m6337_v95.10_mod.rar (Size: 613.13 KB / Downloads: 3)

www find
(09-19-2021, 08:37 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I unlocked the hidden INTEL Menu which should be full of fun and useful settings. The ACPI Control Sub-Menu and CPU Control Sub-Menu in particular will be of interest to your goals, though I would advise checking out everything.

Please post the results of the BIOS flash! Let me know if you need assistance with undervolting (if you choose to) or any of the BIOS settings. While I am an expert in neither of these, I will do my best to help.

Talk about a heart attack. Let me paint the scene. The battery doesn't function and the ac plug is questionable at best. But with out windows holding back the cpu's power the fans starts spinning one step below max speed almost instantly. and right after started the flash it hits high speed on know what that means in a few seconds its going to shut off. It's almost done and !!CLICK!! The screen goes black, my heart hit the floor... But then the screen comes on it was just it restarting. I guess in the panic mode I didn't see the progress hit the end. But it's functioning great now I raise the shut off temperature to max. And if that's not enough I can turn off thermal monitoring completely. And I'm going to have to look up what some of these 3 letter functions do. I can't thank you enough, I wish I could do more. but there's a reason I'm modifying just about everything on a machine most people wouldn't use as a paper weight. I'm broke and in a bad spot. I'm just happy I can get back to building models again.

[Image: Merunyaa-artist-Meru-%28Merunyaa%29-Orig...862238.gif]

www find
www find
Thumbs Up 
So I just unlocked the bios on my Gateway M-series M-6337 the main reason I did this was to combat an overheating issue. but looking through the hidden Intel menu I'm still kinda stuck even with thermal
monitoring off it still happens so there are a lot of settings I don't understand and kinda thing one of them might be the solution 

www find
(09-20-2021, 08:04 AM)jace1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 08:37 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I unlocked the hidden INTEL Menu which should be full of fun and useful settings. The ACPI Control Sub-Menu and CPU Control Sub-Menu in particular will be of interest to your goals, though I would advise checking out everything.

Talk about a heart attack. Let me paint the scene. The battery doesn't function and the ac plug is questionable at best. But with out windows holding back the cpu's power the fans starts spinning one step below max speed almost instantly. and right after started the flash it hits high speed on know what that means in a few seconds its going to shut off. It's almost done and !!CLICK!! The screen goes black, my heart hit the floor... But then the screen comes on it was just it restarting. I guess in the panic mode I didn't see the progress hit the end. But it's functioning great now I raise the shut off temperature to max. And if that's not enough I can turn off thermal monitoring completely. And I'm going to have to look up what some of these 3 letter functions do. I can't thank you enough, I wish I could do more. but there's a reason I'm modifying just about everything on a machine most people wouldn't use as a paper weight. I'm broke and in a bad spot. I'm just happy I can get back to building models again.

Oh boy, that is terrifying! Glad it didn't brick itself! Then we would have to use a hardware programmer ($10 USD, but still sometimes a hassle).

A few questions to see how we can best progress toward squeezing the most juice out of this notebook without it setting itself on fire:

1.) When was the last time you disassembled your laptop, put a screwdriver/ straight object in the CPU fan to keep it still, and used a can of compressed air with a spray nozzle to clean dust out of the air vents? Speaking from multiple experiences, this can decrease your temps by 30+ degrees Fahrenheit (17+ degrees Celsius).

2.) Is your laptop overclocked or is it your goal to overclock it? We will need to do this in tandem with other steps if either of these are a yes, though I would advise against a CPU overclock right now.

3.) Have you considered undervolting? If you are not overclocking, then this reduces unnecessary power consumption that increases your notebook CPU's temperature unnecessarily. As far as I know, this poses no risk (other than a simple blue screen if you go too low) and has none of any of the other risks associated with overclocking. Performance gains when all cores are active, lower temps, less fan noise, increased longevity of notebook components (especially the CPU due to lower heat) are benefits of undervolting. https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-r...#pid183508 for more info

We will get into individual settings after answering these questions.

www find