Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 04:53 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 22232
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5315 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: FG_JK
Yesterday 11:35 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5920
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-575(G) BIOS unl...
Yesterday 10:00 AM
» Replies: 142
» Views: 51743
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU BIOS U...
Last Post: kenpachi
Yesterday 05:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1...
Last Post: mforce2
Yesterday 04:33 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Thinkpad Lenovo L13 Yoga gen3 ...
Last Post: quantumx3
03-17-2024 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 219
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programme...
Last Post: pareja119
03-17-2024 01:58 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 108034
New Members Say Hi Here
Last Post: Gordin
03-17-2024 01:18 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 210506
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
03-17-2024 08:38 AM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 21765
GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
Last Post: weser
03-16-2024 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 101
PCIe Bifurcation on Fujitsu D3402-B21
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 06:12 AM
» Views: 86
[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to ...
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 05:57 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 262
amibios 5.12 modding help
Last Post: osku81
03-15-2024 01:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168
ch341a and asprogrammer error
Last Post: jean luc ferre
03-15-2024 01:10 PM
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideadpad N581 Whitelist...
03-15-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 237
» Views: 58370
CPU upgrade on Asus X51L
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-15-2024 12:21 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1346
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E320 (8NE...
03-14-2024 05:22 PM
» Replies: 96
» Views: 26499
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (15CNxxWW)...
Last Post: analiel1
03-14-2024 03:10 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4661
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
03-14-2024 02:50 PM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 65705
Xeon E5-26xx V4 ES & ASUS x99-A II
Last Post: massimo.cressoni
03-14-2024 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12613

Gateway M-6337 BIOS Mod & Help Reducing Temperatures
I'm hoping that someone that knows what there doing more than me can modify the the bios for a gateway M-6337 I'd like to be able to over-clock the cpu/gpu, rase thermal power down temperature and increase the fan speed. I might be stuck with it for awhile and it will be used for high end (as high as I can push it) 3d modeling and could really use the extra power. Thanks
www find
(09-14-2021, 08:40 PM)jace1 Wrote: I'm hoping that someone that knows what there doing more than me can modify the the bios for a gateway M-6337 I'd like to be able to over-clock the cpu/gpu, rase thermal power down temperature and increase the fan speed. I might be stuck with it for awhile and it will be used for high end (as high as I can push it) 3d modeling and could really use the extra power. Thanks

Hello Jace,

Could you give me a link to a BIOS update for this model? Once I have a BIOS file, I'll look at what we can do about pumping some more power into your machine.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
OK sorry it took so long I had to track the files down. What I found is these, oh and the current bios it's running is version 95.10
9539678.exe - I'm pretty sure is the original installation file from Intel and is also 95.10
Bios_gateway_95.10_A_A.Zip most likely just the raw files
And these
Bios_gateway_89.91.24_A_A.zip  and
Bios_gateway_89.91.24 windows.zip
These had windows 7 listed in the compatible versions of windows while 95.10 toped out at Vista. But what confused me a bit was how many models ran off the same bios just a huge list. but anyway here the link to them https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...Lexl5FALp0
Oh and thanks, the last time I requested a mod was 2013 it still hasn't been done.

It's only a life time, Nobody lives forever. 
Link:Check out my deviantart page These are the mods I make now
www find
Since 2013?! That's a long delay! 2013 is actually when I myself started Phoenix BIOS modding because no one else was around to mod my Phoenix BIOS. If you are still looking for a fulfillment of that mod request, I can take a look at that one as well!

It looks like hidden in your BIOS image is a feature-full INTEL Menu. The Intel Menu will let you change all sorts of configs on your computer, including thermal trip points, fan activation mode, and other such thermal settings. Unfortunately, it does not look like there are any explicit "overclocking" settings for the CPU, GPU, or memory.

There was a Phoenix BIOS modder way way back in the day who could perform the overclocking mods even when the settings were missing. Their BIOS-Mods name is kizwan, but I haven't seen them around in forever.

Would you still like me to perform the BIOS mod, with the fan/thermal settings being added (as well as everything else that the INTEL Menu entails)?

p.s. - if you are unable to overclock your CPU, you may want to check out undervolting. It will not increase your max clock speed with one CPU core running, but it may reduce thermal throttling when multiple cores are running, allowing the laptop to run at a fuller clock speed closer to its designed max frequency. For example, on my notebook, it can run 1 core at 4.5GHz momentarily and about 4.1-4.15GHz on average. It runs all 6 cores together at 3GHz though. After undervolting, I was able to get 6 cores to run at 3.35GHz - a massive speed improvement when done over all cores. See my post here about undervolting: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-r...#pid183508 Please note that this will only be useful if you can't find a way to overclock and your laptop experiences thermal throttling under a load. It will not reduce non-overclocked performance.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-15-2021, 12:53 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Would you still like me to perform the BIOS mod, with the fan/thermal settings being added (as well as everything else that the INTEL Menu entails)?
Absolutely I'm fighting themal issues with it right now it keeps shutting off on me and it really doesn't seem that hot. so that sounds perfect it really doesn't like 7 or 10 but I'm determined to make this work it's all I got for now. The funny thing is it was a Samsung with an insyde bios in 2013 and it was the same issue a false or premature thermal shut down.
Oh yeah its still me I have two accounts I wanted to change my name years ago but couldn't so I made this a few years later. I forgot about this one its the one I want to be using. But I haven't logged on to either in over 5 years

find
So for now I got the cpu's power at 60‰ just to stop it from shutting off every 10 minutes not really the ideal fix but a least I can finally set it up.

find
(09-15-2021, 12:53 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Would you still like me to perform the BIOS mod, with the fan/thermal settings being added (as well as everything else that the INTEL Menu entails)?
So how long tell the bios is done? No rush I'm just bored.
but listen to this crazyness.
I was just looking up weird ideas I had wondering if anyone ever created a custom firmware to flash to the actual chipset itself. and found out that the "965 express chipset" the one in this laptop was intel's strange experiment. that wasn't known about for a while. the data area for the firmware is partitioned, with a secondary firmware that actually has better hardware and software support capabilities it supports better cpu's and high versions of opengl and the 3d base shader. and it's wasn't known tell Intel released a hardware scimatic manual for just the chipset components alone. But never any actual way to acsses it. but there are 3rd party firmware hacks people have came up with reading the manual. but it all seemed rather messy wires and alligator clipps attached different parts of the motherboard. Just hardware chaos.

www find
(09-15-2021, 11:26 AM)jace1 Wrote:
So how long tell the bios is done? No rush I'm just bored.
but listen to this crazyness.
I was just looking up weird ideas I had wondering if anyone ever created a custom firmware to flash to the actual chipset itself. and found out that the "965 express chipset" the one in this laptop was intel's strange experiment. that wasn't known about for a while. the data area for the firmware is partitioned, with a secondary firmware that actually has better hardware and software support capabilities it supports better cpu's and high versions of opengl and the 3d base shader. and it's wasn't known tell Intel released a hardware scimatic manual for just the chipset components alone. But never any actual way to acsses it. but there are 3rd party firmware hacks people have came up with reading the manual. but it all seemed rather messy wires and alligator clipps attached different parts of the motherboard. Just hardware chaos.

Yeah, chipset mods are interesting. I remember for the 945GM integrated GPU (which I believe was located *in* the North Bridge), there was a special custom driver package called Sherry v1.3 that you could use to overclock the iGPU by a few hundred MHz. Pretty cool in terms of squeezing life out of older hardware! It sounds like the hacks you are mentioning involved actually flashing custom firmware onto wherever the integrated GPU resides instead of just using custom drivers and a software utility.

In order to reduce CPU temps, I would advise not only adjusting the BIOS setting, but also undervolting your CPU. Since the manufacturer is applying more voltage than the CPU needs to account for differences in the manufacturing process, you can lower your individual CPUs voltage by a certain amount to reduce heat. You would use something like ThrottleStop to do this.

And then, of course, you can also underclock it. But that will reduce performance, and it sounds like you need as much performance as you can get. This can simply be done using native Windows OS power settings.

I will try to get the BIOS mod done in the next 2 days.

www find
Awesome. I found an already modified 89.91.24 but I really don't trust it even though gateway says it's this one but
intel always says the M-6337 uses the 95.10 and M-6772 uses the 89.91.24

I'm attempting to modifying the video driver. currently the original one only has support for opengl 1.1 but hardware actually supports opengl 2.0 and I need the highest version I can pull off.

www find
@jace1
Please upload the bios mod you have got, to check the modifies that it has applied ... so we can check for which platform
it is ...
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find