Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 22225
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5315 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: FG_JK
Today 11:35 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5911
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-575(G) BIOS unl...
Today 10:00 AM
» Replies: 142
» Views: 51672
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU BIOS U...
Last Post: kenpachi
Today 05:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1...
Last Post: mforce2
Today 04:33 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Thinkpad Lenovo L13 Yoga gen3 ...
Last Post: quantumx3
Yesterday 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 219
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programme...
Last Post: pareja119
Yesterday 01:58 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 108023
New Members Say Hi Here
Last Post: Gordin
Yesterday 01:18 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 210504
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 08:38 AM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 21760
GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
Last Post: weser
03-16-2024 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 101
PCIe Bifurcation on Fujitsu D3402-B21
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 06:12 AM
» Views: 86
[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to ...
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 05:57 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 262
amibios 5.12 modding help
Last Post: osku81
03-15-2024 01:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
ch341a and asprogrammer error
Last Post: jean luc ferre
03-15-2024 01:10 PM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideadpad N581 Whitelist...
03-15-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 237
» Views: 58369
CPU upgrade on Asus X51L
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-15-2024 12:21 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1346
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E320 (8NE...
03-14-2024 05:22 PM
» Replies: 96
» Views: 26493
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (15CNxxWW)...
Last Post: analiel1
03-14-2024 03:10 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4660
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
03-14-2024 02:50 PM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 65699
Xeon E5-26xx V4 ES & ASUS x99-A II
Last Post: massimo.cressoni
03-14-2024 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12612

Gateway M-6337 BIOS Mod & Help Reducing Temperatures
OK so I abandoned windows 7 and 32bit operating systems, because Microsoft turned windows 7 into a support nightmare and daz3d's IRay rendering system is now only available on the 64bit version. 
Now I'm running windows 8.1 x64 it's way more stable, but still overheats at 100% cpu power. And I cleaned the entire laptop internally before I started using it. I'd like to over-clock it but that could just make the overheating worse. I think I should start by reapplying new thermal paste I noticed it has none (even though I've never had a pc overheating because it had none) but after that I'll try whatever it takes to stabilize and overclock the cpu.

It's only a life time, Nobody lives forever. 
Link:Check out my deviantart page These are the mods I make now
www find
(10-15-2021, 04:05 AM)jace1 Wrote: OK so I abandoned windows 7 and 32bit operating systems, because Microsoft turned windows 7 into a support nightmare and daz3d's IRay rendering system is now only available on the 64bit version. 
Now I'm running windows 8.1 x64 it's way more stable, but still overheats at 100% cpu power. And I cleaned the entire laptop internally before I started using it. I'd like to over-clock it but that could just make the overheating worse. I think I should start by reapplying new thermal paste I noticed it has none (even though I've never had a pc overheating because it had none) but after that I'll try whatever it takes to stabilize and overclock the cpu.

Okay, so bringing down temperatures is priority #1 and then squeezing out any possible performance gains after that is priority #2.

Thermal paste is 1000% required for keeping your CPU cool. When the heatsink and top of the CPU make contact, there are lots of gaps, bumps, holes that prevent there being 100% metal contact between the two surfaces, which interferes with heat dispersal onto the heatsink. The thermal paste fills in those gaps, allowing for much more efficient transfer of heat. Watch videos on YouTube about how to do this properly.

Since you've cleared out the CPU fan AND heatsink with compressed air (very important steps to follow exactly), I would now check to make sure that the fan is running when temperatures get high (those fans can go out and I don't trust 100% of notebooks to detect that and shut down the computer).

Let me know how temps are after applying thermal paste, confirming you've properly cleared out both the CPU fan AND heatsink with a can of compressed air, and verified that the CPU fan is in fact actually running.

Then we can talk next steps.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
hi sorry its been a while since I posted here. and if you didn't read the earlier posts I am Jace1 I started this thread I have two accounts. anyway, I just want to properly close out this thread because I have 100% solved the overheat issue with Garnet Red (The gateway M-6337). So the solution was an option in the modified BIOS that I overlooked when this machine was all I had. (and yes I'm using her to write this post). so if you happen to still happen to have one of these incantation of Garnet Red and she gets so hot that she wont stay running for more than 5 to 10 minuets at a time then I got the solution that will make her seem like she never overheated a day in her life. So lets get this going... first step is flashing the modified BIOS that Sml6397 made for me last year. ( from here https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=22704 )
once you've unlocked the INTEL menu go to it and follow this path >CPU Control Sub-menu>>Merom CPU Control Sub-menu>>CPU Thermal Control Sub-Menu.. Here on this page there are a few things we can change but first is the main solution to the problem highlight the "DTS Calibration" setting and change its value to "Recalibrate" this forces the thermal diode senser to not only recalibrate its self but it will do so every boot. Next we want the fan to kick on a little sooner there are 2 setting that effect this first highlight the "ACTIVE TRIP POINT" set this to "47" and the final set to change is "High-Fan Trip Point" set this to "63" and that's it problem solved. So with both values set to 1 level below the default setting the fan starts cooling at a lower temperature and with the thermal senser reading the proper temperature you should never overheat again.
PROLOG
I just also want to mention a few thing that have really surprised me about the the this particular laptop. first its been about a week since I did this and I haven't overheated one time in fact it rarely get hot enough now to even trigger the fan for very long. and I curranty have Garnet Red running Windows 11 22H2 (just released a few months ago) and windows itself reports the current version of direct x is 12 but this machine spec sheet says that the highest it can support is DX9 and windows also reports a current openGL version of 4.6 and like before the spec sheet says it support is openGL1.1. Garnet Red has been doing thing that seem completely impossible even running programs that are way out of her hardware capability and have fail to run on older windows version execute without fail and run surprisingly well. but this is my favorite part of all of this while she been running like she a completely different machine and doing impossible tasks for a machine of her age and power abilities she's been doing so WITHOUT THERMAL PAST. last odd thing about her Garnet Red is her development code name, the only devices that keep there code name past the development state are smart phones. I've never come across another windows pc still actively being referred to in the community by it code name and especially for this long after release …But now i can stop saying it. Garnet Red

find