Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107980
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14351
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227524
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310579
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

General BIOS ROM editing question - Gigabyte P35x v6
#1
Question 
Hi guys,

I have a Gigabyte P35x v6 with AMI BIOS. The BIOS is locked and there are no features exposed at all. I'm trying to disable HyperThreading in an effort to reduce my 3D gaming crashes.

I've found a helpful guide on how to save, edit and flash a modified BIOS ROM here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...os.770221/ 

I've downloaded my current BIOS ROM from Gigabyte (F009), as well as AMIBCP 4.55 and have been able to locate the settings to grant USER permission to. Unfortunately, when I try to save the file I get a Visual C++ Runtime error from AMIBCP.

Am I missing anything obvious to get this to work? I.e. is there a more appropriate version of AMIBCP I should be using? I also tried v4.53 but this doesn't open the BIOS file correctly.

Looking for any advice or general guidance.

Thanks! Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Have you tried updating your VC ++ ?
find
quote
#3
(02-24-2017, 08:26 PM)geko2012 Wrote: Have you tried updating your VC ++ ?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I did download and install the latest 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)' from MS download center, as advised here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-...or-GTAV-PC

Still crashing though.
find
quote
#4
The particular game crash was indeed caused by corruption in the installation directory. A removal of corrupt files and re-download fixed that issue. I also contacted Gigabyte who kindly provided the BIOS update for me.

This thread can be closed.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)