Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.22 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71404
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22095
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41036
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317297
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101114
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 344
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55353
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4106
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167375
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 245
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

General method to remove whitelist from Insyde BIOS
Just disable antivirus and run the flasher with battery and ac charger connected Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(07-17-2011, 01:11 AM)dieburnbot Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 05:24 PM)camiloml Wrote: @dieburnbot

The bios has white list check bypassed, so any card should work.

Thanks for the mod! I just flashed my bios and it worked. Upgraded my bios from F.03 to F.04 in the process. I had to delete the HPTools partition as well for it to work (you can delete it in disk management in Windows 7).

The insydeflash.exe that was in your package wouldn't run on my computer (running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) so I had to download the official F.04 firmware off of HP's website and extract it. Then I replaced iscflash.dll and 01651.fd with the files from your package. Then it ran fine and flashed my bios without a hitch.

Now I am waiting for my Intel 6230 WLAN card to show up to see if the whitelist block worked. Considering it worked for the other guy, I'm not too worried, but I will post my results.

Thanks again camiloml you're awesome! Heart

Camilo,

I guess I was seeing what dieburnbot had to do, and that's where I'm concerned. It's something to do specific to the PC, and not to the bios, so maybe my question is directed more to dieburnbot... Hoping maybe they can just share the modified bios to flash, and be more specific on how they deleted the HPTools partition...

Cara

find
In windows disk administrarion tool find the partition that is not the reserved nor the system, it must be the hptools partition, simply delete it.

Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(07-24-2011, 03:48 PM)camiloml Wrote: In windows disk administrarion tool find the partition that is not the reserved nor the system, it must be the hptools partition, simply delete it.

Yep, I figured that part out. Now it's just the modifications made to the F.04 bios downloaded from HP since they used that instead of the file you had posted. You're not sure why the flashing of your file didn't work, right?

(07-24-2011, 03:52 PM)carebear Wrote:
(07-24-2011, 03:48 PM)camiloml Wrote: In windows disk administrarion tool find the partition that is not the reserved nor the system, it must be the hptools partition, simply delete it.

Yep, I figured that part out. Now it's just the modifications made to the F.04 bios downloaded from HP since they used that instead of the file you had posted. You're not sure why the flashing of your file didn't work, right?

Camilo,

It comes up that the bios link you posted earlier for the dm4 is missing or deleted on Mediafire... I'm going to try to make the modifications myself, but need your download to get the files to replace.

Cara

find
The flasher i posted was for 32bit OS that's why he had to do that mix. The file can be downloaded in my shared folder.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(07-24-2011, 11:37 AM)carebear Wrote: Okay, I've read thru the posts talking about the dm4, and while I'm fairly computer savvy, I've never even attempted to mess with flashing a bios. But I'm desperate since my sweet CTO dm4 couldn't come with a better wireless card, I purchased a 6200 to put into it to have the dual band functionality, but freaking out at the chance of bricking it. Can someone please post a detailed step by step on how to exactly do this? Sounds like there's been multiple successes with reflashing the dm4 bios, so I feel more confident it won't brink, AS LONG AS I DO IT RIGHT... That's the part I'm afraid of...

Would someone be kind enough to do that... then maybe I'll feel confident enough to do it.

Thanks!

Hey guys, here are the exact steps I took to flash my HP DM4-2070US running Windows 7 64-Bit:

**Please note this is at your own risk.**

I suggest BACKING UP YOUR DATA before attempting this! Make recovery discs or whatever you have to do.

You will need:

1. Bios package attached to this post.
2. A mouse other than the trackpad or keyboard on the laptop. (They both stop responding when you flash the bios for some reason.)
3. Have a backup computer in case something does go wrong and you need help.

Follow these steps to mod the bios.

1. Hit start button and in the search box type disk management and run the program.
2. Locate the partition called HPTOOLS, right click on it, and select delete volume. (This volume basically prevents flashing a bios that doesn't pass a checksum I guess)
3. You may or not have to reboot, I don't remember. Just do it to be safe.
4. Once back in windows, make sure to exit as many running programs as possible and prepare to flash the bios. *MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON AC POWER*.
5. Download and extract the bios package that is attached to this post. (Credit for the bios goes to Camiloml)
6. Double click on InsydeFlash.exe
7. Press Start and let it do it's thing. *DO NOT TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF OR TOUCH IT*. It will do it itself. At some point you might notice that you have to tend to a prompt, but the keyboard and trackpad on your laptop will not respond. That is why I told you to get a USB mouse. You'll have to use that to click yes.
8. If everything worked, it should reboot and you should be good to go. If for some reason it doesn't flash in windows and InsydeFlash.exe is stuck on the screen with the warning DO NOT TURN OFF COMPUTER (stuck as in 30 minutes plus although the process should only take minutes), then you may have to "reset" the computer by unplugging the AC and taking the battery out and retry the flash. Although if you removed the HPTOOLS partition then it shouldn't hang at any portion of the flash.

Here is the package I used (thanks camiloml): HP DM4 2070US Modded Bios (No Whitelist) F.04 5-18-2011 by Camiloml.zip

I hope this helps clarify things. Good luck!
find
(07-27-2011, 01:38 AM)dieburnbot Wrote:
(07-24-2011, 11:37 AM)carebear Wrote: Okay, I've read thru the posts talking about the dm4, and while I'm fairly computer savvy, I've never even attempted to mess with flashing a bios. But I'm desperate since my sweet CTO dm4 couldn't come with a better wireless card, I purchased a 6200 to put into it to have the dual band functionality, but freaking out at the chance of bricking it. Can someone please post a detailed step by step on how to exactly do this? Sounds like there's been multiple successes with reflashing the dm4 bios, so I feel more confident it won't brink, AS LONG AS I DO IT RIGHT... That's the part I'm afraid of...

Would someone be kind enough to do that... then maybe I'll feel confident enough to do it.

Thanks!

Hey guys, here are the exact steps I took to flash my HP DM4-2070US running Windows 7 64-Bit:

**Please note this is at your own risk.**

I suggest BACKING UP YOUR DATA before attempting this! Make recovery discs or whatever you have to do.

You will need:

1. Bios package attached to this post.
2. A mouse other than the trackpad or keyboard on the laptop. (They both stop responding when you flash the bios for some reason.)
3. Have a backup computer in case something does go wrong and you need help.

Follow these steps to mod the bios.

1. Hit start button and in the search box type disk management and run the program.
2. Locate the partition called HPTOOLS, right click on it, and select delete volume. (This volume basically prevents flashing a bios that doesn't pass a checksum I guess)
3. You may or not have to reboot, I don't remember. Just do it to be safe.
4. Once back in windows, make sure to exit as many running programs as possible and prepare to flash the bios. *MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON AC POWER*.
5. Download and extract the bios package that is attached to this post. (Credit for the bios goes to Camiloml)
6. Double click on InsydeFlash.exe
7. Press Start and let it do it's thing. *DO NOT TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF OR TOUCH IT*. It will do it itself. At some point you might notice that you have to tend to a prompt, but the keyboard and trackpad on your laptop will not respond. That is why I told you to get a USB mouse. You'll have to use that to click yes.
8. If everything worked, it should reboot and you should be good to go. If for some reason it doesn't flash in windows and InsydeFlash.exe is stuck on the screen with the warning DO NOT TURN OFF COMPUTER (stuck as in 30 minutes plus although the process should only take minutes), then you may have to "reset" the computer by unplugging the AC and taking the battery out and retry the flash. Although if you removed the HPTOOLS partition then it shouldn't hang at any portion of the flash.

Here is the package I used (thanks camiloml): HP DM4 2070US Modded Bios (No Whitelist) F.04 5-18-2011 by Camiloml.zip

I hope this helps clarify things. Good luck!

Dieburnbot-
Thanks, but I did get gutsy enough to do it on my own and it worked just as you explained. You DO need to reboot after removing the HP_Tools partition, otherwise the flash will throw an error and just exit out (without doing anything).

It was shockingly simple to me, and the only issue I encountered was that when I installed my new Intel 6200 wireless card, and had somehow not realized that I needed a card that did wifi AND bluetooth... Nothing that an exchange on the card to a 6230 can't fix. Smile

Thanks again for both of your help!!! I had regretted buying this laptop because of the wireless issue. Now I'm glad I've got it!

Cara
find
Hi,

My Laptop is a HP DV8T-1200 whit an Insyde Bios H20 Rev.:F25 it’s the 2.00 mb versions.

After some look whit Win Hex, its seam my bios have 3 Language errors display.
English, French, Espanola, I can see the ID of my Wireless Card a Intel Centrino Advanced 6200 AGN (ID.:8086 4239 1311 8086) after swaps the bytes order and flip the 2 last section (ID.: 8680 3942 8680 1113) can be find in the white list just like eliquel describe in is post, I try to search for bytes 84C075.

Offset: 054A8630: 4D 5A Ascii Pan: MZ (Img. 4D5A 84C075.jpg)

Image 4D5A 84C075

Offset: 054A8B50: 84C075
Offset: 054A9500: 3100300034002D0055 Ascii Pan: Error 104 Message (English, French, Espanola) ( Img. White List Mod.jpg)

Image White List

Offset: 054A9EA0: 4D 5A Ascii Pan: MZ and Bios Lock Message
Offset: 054AA150: 84C075

Since between Offset: 054A8630 and 054A9EA0 it’s the only 84C075 available, Can I consider this is the right 84C075 to be modified? The only other 84C075 situate bellow the offset: 054A9EA and near error 105 unsupported wireless broadband device detected .

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

find
That seems the good one yes.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(07-27-2011, 06:19 PM)carebear Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 01:38 AM)dieburnbot Wrote: [quote='carebear' pid='31292' dateline='1311525439']

Dieburnbot-
Thanks, but I did get gutsy enough to do it on my own and it worked just as you explained. You DO need to reboot after removing the HP_Tools partition, otherwise the flash will throw an error and just exit out (without doing anything).

It was shockingly simple to me, and the only issue I encountered was that when I installed my new Intel 6200 wireless card, and had somehow not realized that I needed a card that did wifi AND bluetooth... Nothing that an exchange on the card to a 6230 can't fix. Smile

Thanks again for both of your help!!! I had regretted buying this laptop because of the wireless issue. Now I'm glad I've got it!

Cara

Glad you got it to work. Do you know if there is a nic out there better than the 6230? I'm using the 6230 right now and it is great, but was just wondering if there is a better combination card out there.

find