Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223737
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Rev 1 AHCI BIOS Update from 1.20E
#1
The 1.20E AHCI BIOS in this and probably half of Gigabyte's boards has a bug where it will freeze while detecting drives and requires manual editing of the MBR or a complete reinstall of the OS. I've had it with this bug and I hope someone here can help me.

Quote:Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
Copyright © 2003-2008 Intel Corporation

Please update the AHCI BIOS from version 1.20E to ANY newer version. There appears to be some more information on these forums for the AHCI BIOS with some downloads here: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-GA...DS3?page=2

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Rev. 1 BIOS F11: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=3242#bios
Direct F11 BIOS Download: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIO...d3_f11.exe
find
quote
#2
Gigabyte_GA-P55A-UD3_F11_AHCI-0027.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6udhr
find
quote
#3
Thanks but AHCI doesn't even show up at POST with this one. I was impatient and started reading and [censored] around a little and managed to find another version of pchahci.bin in some GB BIOSes. I downloaded the newest BIOS for every one of their P55 boards and extracted pchahci.bin from every BIOS and diff'd them all.

The other version I found works and shows up during POST but I have no idea how to tell what the version is. For all I know it's even older than the one I already had, as they both display 1.20E. Could you take a look at these two files and let me know? http://old.bitsurge.net/bios/GB-iSrc_1.20E_ROMs.zip "_1" is the original from my BIOS and "_2" is the different version that I found.

find
quote
#4
I didn't think the 0027 would work for you but it was worth a shot.
As for the other two you posted, there is no way to tell which is newer by looking at them but they are Slightly different.
I used WinHex to compare them.

Personally I would just use whichever one works for you.
find
quote
#5
(03-01-2012, 03:08 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: Gigabyte_GA-P55A-UD3_F11_AHCI-0027.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6udhr

Can you please re upload the file? The link is dead.
find
quote
#6
is it possible to update ahci on GA-P55-UD3 bios? I'm having boot problems with SSD which is set on ahci. PC just hangs on post screen and i can't even enter bios unless i disconnect the ssd
find
quote
#7
ive heard problems witha marvell chipset, if yours has it in it or not.. i don't know nothing about that.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)