Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108069
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425671
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227676
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310624
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2.0 FF
#1
Motherboard Make/Model - Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2.0
Bios Version You Want Modding - FF
Link To Official Bios Download - ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/mb_bios_...2.x_ff.exe

Could anyone, please, mod this bios to include the newest Intel ICH10R option ROM? Using SSD raid0 with 3 years old raid drivers is scary. Smile

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
Heres RAID v10.0.0.1046

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
More comprehensive, more risky:

-Intel AHCI 1.20E+0027 device code 3A22
-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.0.1034 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39

Note: There is already a 10.6 Matrix RAID OROM (and drivers) but I have yet to find the OROM for download except in an Intel BIOS that I don't know how to extract it from. Feel free to use the 10.6 drivers, though. They can be found @ www.station-drivers.com

Marvell is a bit of a mystery to me at this point (since it has multiple different files, and extracting the GROUP17 here crashes CBROM...) so I would rather not touch that.


Attached Files
.zip   X58AUD3R-AHCI120e0027-IMR10.5.0.1034-JM10725-RPXE239.FF.zip (Size: 840.19 KB / Downloads: 15)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#4
(06-24-2011, 08:51 AM)Dansolo Wrote: More comprehensive, more risky:

-Intel AHCI 1.20E+0027 device code 3A22
-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.0.1034 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39

Note: There is already a 10.6 Matrix RAID OROM (and drivers) but I have yet to find the OROM for download except in an Intel BIOS that I don't know how to extract it from. Feel free to use the 10.6 drivers, though. They can be found @ www.station-drivers.com

Marvell is a bit of a mystery to me at this point (since it has multiple different files, and extracting the GROUP17 here crashes CBROM...) so I would rather not touch that.

I had no luck with this one unfortunately. When POSTing the system completely skips over where it would normally check drives connected to the ICH10R. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager within Windows also wouldn't start and no drives could be detected connected to that controller.

Is there a difference between Intel Matrix RAID ROM and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology ROM? Possibly this could be what the issue is as the GA-X58A-UD3R normal states that it's using Intel Rapid Storage Technology when going through POST.

Cheers!

find
quote
#5
Did you load optimized defaults and enable extreme HD mode after flashing? Does AHCI work? I updated that, too, so that could be the/a problem.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the new name for the Matrix RAID drivers.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#6
(06-29-2011, 11:19 AM)Dansolo Wrote: Did you load optimized defaults and enable extreme HD mode after flashing? Does AHCI work? I updated that, too, so that could be the/a problem.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the new name for the Matrix RAID drivers.
Hi Dansolo

I've tried using optimized defaults and extreme HD mode with no success. The HDD's don't come up in disk management within windows at all.

Interestingly, AHCI worked properly and was able to read the diskc correctly. Only problem is that it is no longer RAID Wink

Cheers,
Brad
find
quote
#7
Unfortunately, it sounds like the board may have reached its limit with 10.1, then.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#8
Ahh - bummer! Looks like I'm going to have to opt for a RAID card then Smile
find
quote
#9
Try this:

-Intel AHCI 1.20E+0027 device code 3A22
-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.1.1070 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39


Attached Files
.zip   X58AUD3R-AHCI120e0027-IMR10.5.1.1070-JM10725-RPXE239.FF.zip (Size: 840.23 KB / Downloads: 23)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)