Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

Gigabyte X58A-UD7
#1
Hi,

I'm new and I don't speak very well english but I'll try to explain you my problem.

I have this MB but my RAM (3x2 Gb Mushkin Redline 1600 MHz 6-7-6-18) are incompatible with it. I say you this, cause I tried everything for resolve this problem like these settings:

1066 MHz 9-9-9-24
1066 MHz 8-8-8-24
1066 MHz 7-7-7-20
1600 MHz 9-9-9-24
1600 MHz 8-8-8-24
1600 MHz 9-9-9-24
1866 MHz 9-9-9-24
1866 MHz 8-8-8-24

I'm sure that the settings made in the BIOS are correct (uncore_multi, every voltage, timings.....), so the problem is not mine.
Sometimes the sistem doesn't boot, and the other times when it boot, I should have random BSOD (opening a browser, a common software, playing.....) and when I try to test the RAM with Prime95 - Blend Test, I have errors after few seconds on all thread.

setting everything on AUTO in the BIOS, doesn't resolves the problem.

I think that the problem is caused by these RAM when tri-channel is enable.

Is possibile to resolve this problem modding the BIOS? Do you have an idea?

Really thank you, I hope you can help me

Download BIOS F6 GA-X58A-UD7
find
quote
#2
Im not sure that this problem can be solved through a bios mod.

Have you tried 1 stick of ram? whats the result?

2 sticks of ram? whats the result?

I would suggest resetting BIOS to defaults and seeing what happens then!

Admin
find
quote
#3
(06-06-2010, 07:24 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Im not sure that this problem can be solved through a bios mod.

Have you tried 1 stick of ram? whats the result?

2 sticks of ram? whats the result?


I would suggest resetting BIOS to defaults and seeing what happens then!

Admin

yes I tried and the system is completely stable!
For this reason I think that the problem is caused by these RAM when they are used in tri-channel

What do you mean with "resetting BIOS to defaults"? Put everything on AUTO? if yes, I tried and there are not changes...always the same problem.
CLEAR CMOS, doesn't help too
find
quote
#4
Its about now , when ive ran out of intelligent ideas i try the not so intelligent ones Tongue

What on earth do you need 6gb of RAM for!!! Tongue surely 4gb does the job??

Admin
find
quote
#5
(06-06-2010, 07:51 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Its about now , when ive ran out of intelligent ideas i try the not so intelligent ones Tongue

What on earth do you need 6gb of RAM for!!! Tongue surely 4gb does the job??

Admin

of course 4 Gb does the job, but I paid for 6 Gb and I want that every byte works properly Smile

so, is possibile that modding BIOS these RAM can works properly?
find
quote
#6
Il have a look but i cant see how modding will help your problem , as all the RAM related settings are unlocked and available

Admin
find
quote
#7
just to clarify , you are running BIOS F6 arent you dated 2010/03/12 because it says "Enhanced memory compatibility" in the readme Tongue
find
quote
#8
I resume this old post because after some years of good service I had decided to upgrade my processor but keep the motherboard and the ram. Now I have an i7 980 with 24 GB of ram. For compatibility reason I had to update the bios, now the processor work but if I put the module in the first two ram slot with every kind of ram (any brand) the system stops during boot. So now I have to use only 16 GB. I am pretty sure is a bios problem (before everything was ok). Can someone help me?
find
quote
#9
(02-01-2015, 04:24 PM)Ryo Saeba Wrote: I resume this old post because after some years of good service I had decided to upgrade my processor but keep the motherboard and the ram. Now I have an i7 980 with 24 GB of ram. For compatibility reason I had to update the bios, now the processor work but if I put the module in the first two ram slot with every kind of ram (any brand) the system stops during boot. So now I have to use only 16 GB. I am pretty sure is a bios problem (before everything was ok). Can someone help me?


anyone? Huh
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)