Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55282
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40943
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167063
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317018
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[HELP] BIOS RECOVERY filename request for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 ==BLACK SCREEN==
Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if you be kind and help me. I just got my new Acer Nitro 5 this past Sunday. I did the initial battery charging cycle three times while the standard heavy Windows Update was working in the background. For the first couple of days it worked nice and I could do some urgent work in Excel and had no time for installing many other programs or games.

On Wednesday I decided to plug a mouse to better work on my spreadsheet but found it didn't work on any of the three USB ports (very dim and blinking "laser" sensor). I uninstalled and reinstalled the standard USB mouse driver but couldn't get my mouse to work. So, I thought I would take a look at the BIOS setup to see if I could see anything wrong in my USB ports settings (I am no expert but I just wanted to check) so I went to Settings -> Update&Security -> Recovery -> RestartNow -> Troubleshoot -> AdvancedOptions -> UEFIFirmwareSettings -> Restart.

It actually took like 5 minutes for the BIOS menu to show and I did notice immediately that the BIOS menu navigation was very sluggish. I didn't see anything out of the usual (even though this UEFI thing is new to me) and decided to exit without saving. And BOOM I got the BLACK SCREEN! (keyboard lights on). I turned the laptop off and on and always got stuck in the black screen and no Acer logo pops up. The keyboard lights are always on.

And I have been stuck like that for three days. I have read literally hundreds of forum messages trying to solve this issue. What I have done so far:
1. No pinhole battery reset does anything: pressing the battery reset button for 4,10, 40 seconds, waiting for 5 minutes, plugging it, powering it up again I get the black screen all the time,
2. I have taken the RAM stick out and replaced, even carefully scrubbing the pins with a pencil eraser,
3. I have downloaded the latest BIOS files from Acer (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q2QAA.016),
3.1. I have after much research found the isflash.bin file hidden in the temp directory (for both BIOS v1.15 and v1.19),
3.2. I have used the Phoenix tool to try to find the appropriate name to rename the isflash.bin, but that goes beyond my skills,
3.3. I have renamed the isflash.bin (both the v1.15 and v1.19) in numerous alternatives: C5PRHx64.fd, AA.bin, AAHW.bin, BB.bin, BBHW.bin, C5PRHx64.bin, isflash.bin, AA.fd, AAHW.fd, BB.fd, BBHW.fd, BIOS.fd, BIOS.bin (main file extracted from downloaded .zip from Acer's webpage: C5PRH119.exe and C5PRH115.exe),
3.4. I have used 8GB, 2GB and microSD drives to initiate the Fn+Esc procedure: formated FAT32, laptop unplugged, USB in, <Fn> + <Esc>, laptop plug, power button pressed. Fan spins up and the laptop reboots but gets stuck.

===> RESULTS: Nothing, I can’t get past the BLACK SCREEN + keyboard lights on.

I bought my laptop through Amazon but I got sent it to South America where I live (sorry for my English); service centers down here tend to do a lousy job so I am avoiding them at all costs; besides the warranty does not apply down here...

====> What I need: the appropriate name for the isflash.bin BIOS recovery file for my Acer AN515-51 <==== or any other help you could provide me.

Thank you very much in advance.
find
Try C5PRH.bin and C5PRH.rom and C5PRH.fd
find
Wink 
(10-07-2018, 12:45 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Try C5PRH.bin and C5PRH.rom and C5PRH.fd

Thanks for your reply. I will do that when I get home  Wink
find
May not work, but that was the only thing I could find after many extractions and methods.
find
I am sorry, it hasn't work so far.

Any other ideas, please?
find
Did you try connecting an external monitor, if that's possible? I noticed you didn't even flash BIOS, only reset or save and exited correct? So should be OK, shouldn't need recovery but maybe some graphics related setting is wrong is why I mentioned to connect external monitor if you can

Last resort, before RMA, if you can even do that, purchase a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable (Or kit like EZP2010 or EZP2013)
Then you can reprogram BIOS easily from some working dump online we'll find.
find
(10-09-2018, 12:25 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you try connecting an external monitor, if that's possible?  I noticed you didn't even flash BIOS, only reset or save and exited correct?  So should be OK, shouldn't need recovery but maybe some graphics related setting is wrong is why I mentioned to connect external monitor if you can

Last resort, before RMA, if you can even do that, purchase a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable (Or kit like EZP2010 or EZP2013)
Then you can reprogram BIOS easily from some working dump online we'll find.

For those who wish to obtain the .fd file, simply download this link: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdo...97a337.cab

Then change the name to C5PRHX64.FD
find
Hi have you got any luck with fixing that laptop, i'm in the same situation here.

Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if you be kind and help me. I just got my new Acer Nitro 5 this past Sunday. I did the initial battery charging cycle three times while the standard heavy Windows Update was working in the background. For the first couple of days it worked nice and I could do some urgent work in Excel and had no time for installing many other programs or games.

On Wednesday I decided to plug a mouse to better work on my spreadsheet but found it didn't work on any of the three USB ports (very dim and blinking "laser" sensor). I uninstalled and reinstalled the standard USB mouse driver but couldn't get my mouse to work. So, I thought I would take a look at the BIOS setup to see if I could see anything wrong in my USB ports settings (I am no expert but I just wanted to check) so I went to Settings -> Update&Security -> Recovery -> RestartNow -> Troubleshoot -> AdvancedOptions -> UEFIFirmwareSettings -> Restart.

It actually took like 5 minutes for the BIOS menu to show and I did notice immediately that the BIOS menu navigation was very sluggish. I didn't see anything out of the usual (even though this UEFI thing is new to me) and decided to exit without saving. And BOOM I got the BLACK SCREEN! (keyboard lights on). I turned the laptop off and on and always got stuck in the black screen and no Acer logo pops up. The keyboard lights are always on.

And I have been stuck like that for three days. I have read literally hundreds of forum messages trying to solve this issue. What I have done so far:
1. No pinhole battery reset does anything: pressing the battery reset button for 4,10, 40 seconds, waiting for 5 minutes, plugging it, powering it up again I get the black screen all the time,
2. I have taken the RAM stick out and replaced, even carefully scrubbing the pins with a pencil eraser,
3. I have downloaded the latest BIOS files from Acer (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q2QAA.016),
3.1. I have after much research found the isflash.bin file hidden in the temp directory (for both BIOS v1.15 and v1.19),
3.2. I have used the Phoenix tool to try to find the appropriate name to rename the isflash.bin, but that goes beyond my skills,
3.3. I have renamed the isflash.bin (both the v1.15 and v1.19) in numerous alternatives: C5PRHx64.fd, AA.bin, AAHW.bin, BB.bin, BBHW.bin, C5PRHx64.bin, isflash.bin, AA.fd, AAHW.fd, BB.fd, BBHW.fd, BIOS.fd, BIOS.bin (main file extracted from downloaded .zip from Acer's webpage: C5PRH119.exe and C5PRH115.exe),
3.4. I have used 8GB, 2GB and microSD drives to initiate the Fn+Esc procedure: formated FAT32, laptop unplugged, USB in, <Fn> + <Esc>, laptop plug, power button pressed. Fan spins up and the laptop reboots but gets stuck.

===> RESULTS: Nothing, I can’t get past the BLACK SCREEN + keyboard lights on.

I bought my laptop through Amazon but I got sent it to South America where I live (sorry for my English); service centers down here tend to do a lousy job so I am avoiding them at all costs; besides the warranty does not apply down here...

====> What I need: the appropriate name for the isflash.bin BIOS recovery file for my Acer AN515-51 <==== or any other help you could provide me.

Thank you very much in advance.
find