Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108001
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227562
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119713
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310588
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[HELP] BIOS RECOVERY filename request for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 ==BLACK SCREEN==
#1
Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if you be kind and help me. I just got my new Acer Nitro 5 this past Sunday. I did the initial battery charging cycle three times while the standard heavy Windows Update was working in the background. For the first couple of days it worked nice and I could do some urgent work in Excel and had no time for installing many other programs or games.

On Wednesday I decided to plug a mouse to better work on my spreadsheet but found it didn't work on any of the three USB ports (very dim and blinking "laser" sensor). I uninstalled and reinstalled the standard USB mouse driver but couldn't get my mouse to work. So, I thought I would take a look at the BIOS setup to see if I could see anything wrong in my USB ports settings (I am no expert but I just wanted to check) so I went to Settings -> Update&Security -> Recovery -> RestartNow -> Troubleshoot -> AdvancedOptions -> UEFIFirmwareSettings -> Restart.

It actually took like 5 minutes for the BIOS menu to show and I did notice immediately that the BIOS menu navigation was very sluggish. I didn't see anything out of the usual (even though this UEFI thing is new to me) and decided to exit without saving. And BOOM I got the BLACK SCREEN! (keyboard lights on). I turned the laptop off and on and always got stuck in the black screen and no Acer logo pops up. The keyboard lights are always on.

And I have been stuck like that for three days. I have read literally hundreds of forum messages trying to solve this issue. What I have done so far:
1. No pinhole battery reset does anything: pressing the battery reset button for 4,10, 40 seconds, waiting for 5 minutes, plugging it, powering it up again I get the black screen all the time,
2. I have taken the RAM stick out and replaced, even carefully scrubbing the pins with a pencil eraser,
3. I have downloaded the latest BIOS files from Acer (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q2QAA.016),
3.1. I have after much research found the isflash.bin file hidden in the temp directory (for both BIOS v1.15 and v1.19),
3.2. I have used the Phoenix tool to try to find the appropriate name to rename the isflash.bin, but that goes beyond my skills,
3.3. I have renamed the isflash.bin (both the v1.15 and v1.19) in numerous alternatives: C5PRHx64.fd, AA.bin, AAHW.bin, BB.bin, BBHW.bin, C5PRHx64.bin, isflash.bin, AA.fd, AAHW.fd, BB.fd, BBHW.fd, BIOS.fd, BIOS.bin (main file extracted from downloaded .zip from Acer's webpage: C5PRH119.exe and C5PRH115.exe),
3.4. I have used 8GB, 2GB and microSD drives to initiate the Fn+Esc procedure: formated FAT32, laptop unplugged, USB in, <Fn> + <Esc>, laptop plug, power button pressed. Fan spins up and the laptop reboots but gets stuck.

===> RESULTS: Nothing, I can’t get past the BLACK SCREEN + keyboard lights on.

I bought my laptop through Amazon but I got sent it to South America where I live (sorry for my English); service centers down here tend to do a lousy job so I am avoiding them at all costs; besides the warranty does not apply down here...

====> What I need: the appropriate name for the isflash.bin BIOS recovery file for my Acer AN515-51 <==== or any other help you could provide me.

Thank you very much in advance.
find
quote
#2
Try C5PRH.bin and C5PRH.rom and C5PRH.fd
find
quote
#3
Wink 
(10-07-2018, 12:45 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Try C5PRH.bin and C5PRH.rom and C5PRH.fd

Thanks for your reply. I will do that when I get home  Wink
find
quote
#4
May not work, but that was the only thing I could find after many extractions and methods.
find
quote
#5
I am sorry, it hasn't work so far.

Any other ideas, please?
find
quote
#6
Did you try connecting an external monitor, if that's possible? I noticed you didn't even flash BIOS, only reset or save and exited correct? So should be OK, shouldn't need recovery but maybe some graphics related setting is wrong is why I mentioned to connect external monitor if you can

Last resort, before RMA, if you can even do that, purchase a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable (Or kit like EZP2010 or EZP2013)
Then you can reprogram BIOS easily from some working dump online we'll find.
find
quote
#7
(10-09-2018, 12:25 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you try connecting an external monitor, if that's possible?  I noticed you didn't even flash BIOS, only reset or save and exited correct?  So should be OK, shouldn't need recovery but maybe some graphics related setting is wrong is why I mentioned to connect external monitor if you can

Last resort, before RMA, if you can even do that, purchase a CH341A flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable (Or kit like EZP2010 or EZP2013)
Then you can reprogram BIOS easily from some working dump online we'll find.

For those who wish to obtain the .fd file, simply download this link: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdo...97a337.cab

Then change the name to C5PRHX64.FD
find
quote
#8
Hi have you got any luck with fixing that laptop, i'm in the same situation here.


Hello all,

I would really appreciate it if you be kind and help me. I just got my new Acer Nitro 5 this past Sunday. I did the initial battery charging cycle three times while the standard heavy Windows Update was working in the background. For the first couple of days it worked nice and I could do some urgent work in Excel and had no time for installing many other programs or games.

On Wednesday I decided to plug a mouse to better work on my spreadsheet but found it didn't work on any of the three USB ports (very dim and blinking "laser" sensor). I uninstalled and reinstalled the standard USB mouse driver but couldn't get my mouse to work. So, I thought I would take a look at the BIOS setup to see if I could see anything wrong in my USB ports settings (I am no expert but I just wanted to check) so I went to Settings -> Update&Security -> Recovery -> RestartNow -> Troubleshoot -> AdvancedOptions -> UEFIFirmwareSettings -> Restart.

It actually took like 5 minutes for the BIOS menu to show and I did notice immediately that the BIOS menu navigation was very sluggish. I didn't see anything out of the usual (even though this UEFI thing is new to me) and decided to exit without saving. And BOOM I got the BLACK SCREEN! (keyboard lights on). I turned the laptop off and on and always got stuck in the black screen and no Acer logo pops up. The keyboard lights are always on.

And I have been stuck like that for three days. I have read literally hundreds of forum messages trying to solve this issue. What I have done so far:
1. No pinhole battery reset does anything: pressing the battery reset button for 4,10, 40 seconds, waiting for 5 minutes, plugging it, powering it up again I get the black screen all the time,
2. I have taken the RAM stick out and replaced, even carefully scrubbing the pins with a pencil eraser,
3. I have downloaded the latest BIOS files from Acer (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su....Q2QAA.016),
3.1. I have after much research found the isflash.bin file hidden in the temp directory (for both BIOS v1.15 and v1.19),
3.2. I have used the Phoenix tool to try to find the appropriate name to rename the isflash.bin, but that goes beyond my skills,
3.3. I have renamed the isflash.bin (both the v1.15 and v1.19) in numerous alternatives: C5PRHx64.fd, AA.bin, AAHW.bin, BB.bin, BBHW.bin, C5PRHx64.bin, isflash.bin, AA.fd, AAHW.fd, BB.fd, BBHW.fd, BIOS.fd, BIOS.bin (main file extracted from downloaded .zip from Acer's webpage: C5PRH119.exe and C5PRH115.exe),
3.4. I have used 8GB, 2GB and microSD drives to initiate the Fn+Esc procedure: formated FAT32, laptop unplugged, USB in, <Fn> + <Esc>, laptop plug, power button pressed. Fan spins up and the laptop reboots but gets stuck.

===> RESULTS: Nothing, I can’t get past the BLACK SCREEN + keyboard lights on.

I bought my laptop through Amazon but I got sent it to South America where I live (sorry for my English); service centers down here tend to do a lousy job so I am avoiding them at all costs; besides the warranty does not apply down here...

====> What I need: the appropriate name for the isflash.bin BIOS recovery file for my Acer AN515-51 <==== or any other help you could provide me.

Thank you very much in advance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)