Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107624
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3534
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9182
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8728
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14343
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425616
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119699
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310572
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

HP 1068ca BIOS woes
#1
Exclamation 
Hi Everyone,

I have a big problem with my laptop that making me go crazy. So I open up my laptop because it had a hinge broken. I fix the hinge try to boot it up on win 7 and I get the error "0x000000a5" on the gui boot logo , tried to reboot same problem. So I take out my hdd backup the data using a sata cable to my desktop, format my hardrive and try to install windows 7 again. Same error again ! So try to boot ubuntu, guess what ubuntu works fine and all. Now I think that problem is in the bios and since hp provides an exe for bios and I cant boot any copy of windows 8,7,vista,xp or 98 I need some help please. I would be really thankful if someone helped me. Here are some pics of whats in the hp softpaqs.

This is whats in the newest bios:
   


This is whats in the oldest bios:
   

Any help would be greatly apperciated

thank you
dj786

Also my board id is= 18A7
find
quote
#2
Dos is boot able though
find
quote
#3
dj786,

Have you tried selecting the various drive modes in the BIOS, IDE/AHCI/RAID, if you're choosing AHCI/RAID are you providing correct F6 drivers at install time?

Maybe try installing Windows 7 in IDE, then install the AHCI driver and enable AHCI mode.
www find
quote
#4
There are not many options in the bios setting. There is no option to choose ide/achi. Also I said before that any windows installation stops when the GUI boot logo appears so I am not able to do anything.
find
quote
#5
Can you reach the Windows 7 DVD screen where you can use "Recovery Tools"? Pressing Shift + F10, you should get a console, from there you could attempt to flash the BIOS.

Alternatively you can download Memtest86, burn it to CD, boot it and exit Memtest86 to end up in FREEDOS. You'll need a USB key formatted FAT32, with your BIOS on it, inserted before powering on and just find the assigned drive letter by guessing.
www find
quote
#6
You know what I was able to into a console which says that's edit boot options by pressing f10. I have ran me test before and it gave me no errrors after 3 hours. Now how do I work with console.
find
quote
#7
(08-26-2013, 12:35 PM)dj786 Wrote: You know what I was able to into a console which says that's edit boot options by pressing f10. I have ran me test before and it gave me no errrors after 3 hours. Now how do I work with console.

If you have saved the bios file somewhere on your PC you should be able to go to where you placed it and run the bios flash from there.

If it's in MyUser\Downloads etc you can use the following

c:
cd users\myusername\Downloads\
mybios.exe
www find
quote
#8
(08-26-2013, 01:10 PM)rharrison Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 12:35 PM)dj786 Wrote: You know what I was able to into a console which says that's edit boot options by pressing f10. I have ran me test before and it gave me no errrors after 3 hours. Now how do I work with console.

If you have saved the bios file somewhere on your PC you should be able to go to where you placed it and run the bios flash from there.

If it's in MyUser\Downloads etc you can use the following

c:
cd users\myusername\Downloads\
mybios.exe


What if it is on usb flash drive
find
quote
#9
Ahh I was wrong I was not able to go near the console. I was in the boot edit console fml.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)