Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108070
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425671
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227683
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119725
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

HP COMPAQ Iris8 with Unlocked Overclocking Options
#61
wow thanks TheWiz I just successfully flashed my bios and overclocked my AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.30ghz to 2.70ghz, and I also had the same problem with the fan running hard after first flashing the bios I found a quick easy fix inside the bios I just change the DIMM voltage range from 1.8v to 1.9v and my fan shut right up after wards. I was also wondering if this bios system added any RAM support for this board allowing us to upgrade to 8gb of RAM? seeing as they do make 4gb DDR2 PC2-6400 sticks
find
quote
#62
Thanks for the compliments! I know the nettle2 I have with this BIOS has 4 RAM slots so I don't have this issue, but the HP site says for both that 2GB is the max per slot. Now, I am not positive if this is a hardware limitation or a BIOS related, but if it is only the BIOS this should let you roll, but I would see if you can find a document that checks for that distinction in general.

Hope this helps,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#63
(07-28-2010, 04:34 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Thanks for the compliments! I know the nettle2 I have with this BIOS has 4 RAM slots so I don't have this issue, but the HP site says for both that 2GB is the max per slot. Now, I am not positive if this is a hardware limitation or a BIOS related, but if it is only the BIOS this should let you roll, but I would see if you can find a document that checks for that distinction in general.

Hope this helps,
TheWiz

I can't seem to find anything that indicates any additional RAM Support I guess I could always try and buy a chip for cheap of Ebay.com and keep you guys informed weather as to it worked or not
find
quote
#64
We would greatly appreciate it to add to the documentation.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#65
(07-29-2010, 06:24 PM)TheWiz Wrote: We would greatly appreciate it to add to the documentation.

TheWiz

cool I'll have to keep you guys informed then. BTW you wouldn't happen to know if there is any confirmed Socket AM2+ support would you for a Phenom II?
find
quote
#66
There are reports earlier in some of the threads, I'll try to get a list together, just returned from a trip Smile

TheWiz
www find
quote
#67
(07-30-2010, 02:04 PM)TheWiz Wrote: There are reports earlier in some of the threads, I'll try to get a list together, just returned from a trip Smile

TheWiz

that would be greatly appreciated. Btw I was wondering how exactly do you get the bios off a board? if I could get the bios off my new board that I'm gonna buy you might want it to [censored] around with it, I'm gonna get this for my new board Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131654
find
quote
#68
This will make an image of the BIOS currently installed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...Backup.EXE

TheWiz
www find
quote
#69
(08-01-2010, 05:40 PM)TheWiz Wrote: This will make an image of the BIOS currently installed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...Backup.EXE

TheWiz

sometimes I really hate McAfee the [censored] told me it's a trojan and fricking blocked me from downloading it. God [censored] false positives make me mad
find
quote
#70
It's because it accesses user-mapped memory to make the image, i can verify this is not spyware of any kind.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)