Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227628
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

HP DV7-4294nr Whitelist removal or modify
#1
Hi! I have been trying for about 2 weeks to make this change to the bios myself with andys tool and the unencrypted version of the bios saved through hps tools, but I never get the signature to be accepted when attempting to load from hp diagnostic tools. I don't know enough to do this without causing some damage, especially with this, from what I have been researching, difficult bios. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me because this is driving me insane! I will be happy to get any other info required...

-Manufacturer: HP
-Model: DV7-4294nr
-Bios revision: 01592F0E
-Bios Type: Insysde h20
-Bios Download Link:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53368.exe
Current cardTongueCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00 (intel wifi link 1000 bgn)
Desired CardTongueCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_35 (Intel centrino 6205)

I will play guinea Pig Big Grin
find
quote
#2
Sorry, i have no way to "enter" into this bios soul, no unpack/repack tool available (at least for me). Sad

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Ah but I do Smile

The research I did led me to the knowledge of getting the unencrypted bios and signature of this god forsaken insyde bios. I installed hp efi tools and Hp system diagnostics. the former saves the bios in a current file, and as long as the signature matches the .bin file of the bios, you can move those two files into the new or old bios folder and flash it from hp system diagnostics tool at boot. you can access this version of the bin with Andys tool. My skills however, proved too feeble to modify it without getting a "the signature of this bios does not match the bios file" type of message whenever I try to modify my whitelist, located in CD28DACA-BDBE-481A-90AC-625C79CF234C_2_843 by the way. I tried ezh2o and it can access it too, I just don't know how to use ezh20. Hopefully this version of the bios and sig will be alterable enough to get the card working. I, as well as a few others with this system would be really grateful if it proved possible! Win or lose, I'd like to make a PP donation for the attempt and Ill tell the people I've met with this system/problem It can be done if it can Smile . I understand there is some risk to bricking my laptop with this stuff, and I'm willing to accept that level, but I know far too little to trust my own attempts with something like this in a blind flash when hps own tools say the signature fails.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3oh7hmeggn7mzu0 signature

http://www.mediafire.com/?jp8ib9b31l95ewi accessible bin file

http://www.mediafire.com/?zz49brunggj3tmt RW everything Report

That said, is there anything else that might be of service?
find
quote
#4
do those files help my cause at all?
find
quote
#5
I have modded the bios file, i hope (if you manage to flash it) it works fine Wink

Download HERE

Remember to come back and tell us how it goes Wink

Nice day
Camilo.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
(06-30-2011, 02:03 PM)camiloml Wrote: I have modded the bios file, i hope (if you manage to flash it) it works fine Wink

Download HERE

Remember to come back and tell us how it goes Wink

Nice day
Camilo.

It won't flash through insydeflash.exe or the hp efi diagnostic utility its supposed to flash from, citing the dreaded invalid sig error. Do you reckon its stable enough to flash with flashit or some other program you recommend? sorry to be a pest I really appreciate it! Confused
find
quote
#7
Try flashit or try this patched InsydeFlash (this is untested completely, you should be brave to try and have ready USB pendrive with recovery files in case something goes wrong).

In pendrive you need original file named 01592.bin and boot with Win+B to recover from eventual bad flash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4opr1vcfu1choas

Like always... AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
good news and bad news.

Good news: It didn't brick my laptop(and thats half the battle Wink . As a bios modification method, what you did works!
.
Bad news: It made it so NEITHER of my cards worked. I had to uninstall my Factory card just to boot.
Once I uninstalled it it gives me a "cmos checksum error 0502" and prompts me to reboot. When I did it let me on windows. When I tried installing both my factory card and the one I want it goes back to bad card error then when uninstalled it boots to that cmos error again etc etc. So with no card in there it boots like a champ no cmos error after. So the tool and the bios works! I reinstalled my factory F0E to get my internet back up and running heh. Was there just an incorrect edit in the module you think?

This is the closest thing to a solution I've seen by the way. Did you use the Phoenix 1.9 beta?

UPDATE: my Rw everything report has changed in a couple of places from its previous iteration. If thats needed its here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zz49brungg...cpiTbls.rw
find
quote
#9
Update: Thank you so much. The mod didn't work but the patched flashing program worked perfectly. I went in with Andy's tool 1.9b2 in dynamic mode, selected No slic went into the whitelist, changed one of the Modules Ids to the one I need(one of the TBD ones that were close to the ID I needed) flashed it closed my eyes and it works! After weeks of working and searching(I'm a tad obsessive) It finally works! I will Definitely donating to the site on thursday (need to get paid heh) because of the solution to this headache. Thanks again!
find
quote
#10
Ok, if flashing was good then i will research again from scratch in the whitelist removal patch. Wink

Now tell us exactly how you manage to extract the "clean" dump from your bios to help other in doing the same. Post please a little tutorial Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)