Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71384
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6601
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22084
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41028
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317262
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55346
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52236
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167337
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 336
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 135

HP G7-2430dx on F.27 AHCI Help Please....
I'm sorry if this is a repeat or a common post, but I'm legally blind and the screen reader software I have doesn't pick up a majority of the things on this site. It took me three days to get past the CAPCHYA to register and another hour or so to find the new post button. I've been trying to figure out how in the heck to enable AHCI on my HP G7-2340dx notebook for almost a month now.
I just need some direction on this and can't seem to find out a few things.
1. In the BIOS it has the option to "Support Legacy", in my case I'm running in UEFI on a GPT partition, so am I needing to change the BIOS or the UEFI - is there a difference at this point?
2. Could I just grab a non-HP F.27 direct from Insyde and do a BIOS recovery to be able to turn on AHCI?
3. Is there already an unlocked F.27 or comparable BIOS I can use? I've looked on the repositories but didn't see mine so I'm assuming I'm S.O.L. on that one but you never know if you never ask...
4. Would anyone on here with obviously way more experience than me be interested in helping me out for their own web repository? I have an OwnCloud with unlimited disk space soooooo I can give someone their own private repo that will work like Dropbx or OneDrive but cost $0 for unimmitted space until I die - which is a looooooong time from now LoL... If interested just PM me on that one.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated - oh and if anyone would like some help making this site more accessible for blind and low vision folks email or PM me. That's actually a thing I do and since you guys set this whole thing up and run it on donations only I'll volunteer to donate my help there!

Modding stuff is like crack for me...
find
Hello, friend!
I have 2 questions for you!
First-Where is Bios link's from HP site??
Second-Do you have some experience with working at HW SPI Programmer?
It seems your Bios is RSA signed so can't be flashed by standard way.

Please,do not post requests me in PM.Bios modding is very dangerous work.If i provide you confirmed modded bios, please donate for my dangerous work https://goo.gl/98BgtO.Thank you!
find
(04-24-2015, 12:37 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello, friend!
I have 2 questions for you!
First-Where is Bios link's from HP site??
Second-Do you have some experience with working at HW SPI Programmer?
It seems your Bios is RSA signed so can't be flashed by standard way.

Thanks for the reply on this.
Sorry about that - here's the HP BIOS LINK
***but it's for F.26 and Windows 8, I'm running F.27 and Windows 8.1
***it seems like the F.27 was recalled and HP doesn't have a BIOS option for Windows 8.1 anymore, it's really weird.
The notebook was a super good refurb deal - up until now I haven't messed with the BIOS beyond just turning secure boot off and messing with boot order.
Can I flash the F.26 over the F.27 without killing something? I get that this isn't an exact science and the only way to find out for sure is to try it, just asking for opinion input is all. I can get a new motherboard for pretty cheap if I totally brick my machine and I always make an image backup before I do something super goofy. I've also spent quite a bit of time unbricking PC's, Servers, Notebooks, Routers, Video Game Consoles, Cell Phones, a couple of times I bricked and unbricked an iRobot Vaccuum LoL.
HW SPI Programmer is something I have absolutely no experience with to be honest. I do however have some experience with a ton of probably pretty similar stuff.
I'm pretty well versed in using command prompt/line, console, I am well versed in PHP, I can do ASP (don't really like to but I can), I've worked in Visual Basic, C#/C++, some Python, CGI, Perl and I'm sure there's something else in there. I've done some programdecompilation and customization in my time to.

This thing is just really escaping me for some reason I can't seem to wrap my head around it. In all honesty I haven't really decided 100% if it's even worth it to unlock AHCI, but I'm really wanting to push this thing to it's max. If I can then hopefully my assistive technology won't keep lagging on me, it's already much, much better than it was, but if I can keep from having to wait 3 or so minutes every so often when I'm in the middle of something life will be peachy for sure!
Thanks for getting back to me I really do appreciate it!

find
Hi!
Look at names of all drivers and packs with bios and other utilits.
It's beginning from sp*****.exe.
If first digit is 5 then possibility is 50/50 to flashing successfully(not all hp bios are signed).
If first digit 6 and above then only one way is HW SPI Programmer.
This service will be cost about 50$ and above.
You can try this method https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-EFI-shell
If you understood that thread we can try.
I looked at your BIOS and found some settings AHCI
Setting: SATA Configure as, Variable: 0x39
Option: IDE, Value: 0x0
Option: IDE->AHCI, Value: 0x4
As you see there are two modes only.
I think second mode is compatible SATA so full AHCI is not supporting by your laptop.

Please,do not post requests me in PM.Bios modding is very dangerous work.If i provide you confirmed modded bios, please donate for my dangerous work https://goo.gl/98BgtO.Thank you!
find
(04-25-2015, 11:28 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hi!
Look at names of all drivers and packs with bios and other utilits.
It's beginning from sp*****.exe.
If first digit is 5 then possibility is 50/50 to flashing successfully(not all hp bios are signed).
If first digit 6 and above then only one way is HW SPI Programmer.
This service will be cost about 50$ and above.
You can try this method https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-EFI-shell
If you understood that thread we can try.
I looked at your BIOS and found some settings AHCI
Setting: SATA Configure as, Variable: 0x39
Option: IDE, Value: 0x0
Option: IDE->AHCI, Value: 0x4
As you see there are two modes only.
I think second mode is compatible SATA so full AHCI is not supporting by your laptop.

Inoticed a download for "Microsoft Windows 8 Recovery Environment (RE) Recovery Manager Installer" when I was checking. Unfortunately they all have SP6**** instead of SP5*** so I'm guessing I can't do the F.26 downgrade. I'm tearing apart the recovery manager now, it's supposed to create a HP recovery partition which will allow to download/repair BIOS. I haven't found anything worth much at all yet, but I'll post anything I find here.
Haven't had a chance to check that thread you posted but I'll get into that too as soon as I can. Thanks a billion for your help so far, I really appreciate it.

find