Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) 5.17 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
#51
When they release a TDP of 95W thats hardware design and not software so yes you will be limited. But technically you should be able to boot a 95W Phenom II on here without issue except it may not detect the CPU name but it would still run with the right settings. I did check that HP box I had with the Nettle3 and it is a 2.2REV, so I'm in a bind with this one. Thoughts appreciated.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#52
I don't have any thought as of right now BUT, I just paid for a Nettle3 with a Phenom X4 9500 so as soon as I get it I will see what the rev level is and we can try to flash the BIOS and see what happens.

I'll let ya know

Dell Latitude D820 w/D-Dock, T7600G, 3 Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD Xp Pro
Compaq Presario SR5110NX w/ a Nettle3 Mobo Phenom X4 9500 8GB RAM 512Mb GeForce 8400GS Windows 7 64 bit (zoom zoom)
(1) Dell PowerEdge 2600
(3) Dell PowerEdge 2850's fully loaded w/ Dual core 2.8GHz Hyperthreaded Xeons
Dell PowerVault 220S w/14 73GB drives in a RAID5 array totalling 800GB
find
quote
#53
You might want to get a spare DIP 8 chip for testing too!

Thanks for helping out!

TheWiz
www find
quote
#54
My Nettle3 and Phenom 9500 arrived today (finally) and I slammed it into my old Compaq Presario SR5110NX case. WOW is this thing fast! But... Of course I want to go faster!

So, here is what I got

HP MCP61PM-HM Rev2.2 Nettle3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom X4 HD9500WCJ4BGD 2.2GHz 95W processor
4 Gig of memory and 4 more on the way
Windoze 7 64 bit Ultimate Edition

So, is this the revision that you said was successful?

If so, what is the correct link to the BIOS download?
Will it get rid of that annoying HP boot splash?

Lemme know!


Dell Latitude D820 w/D-Dock, T7600G, 3 Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD Xp Pro
Compaq Presario SR5110NX w/ a Nettle3 Mobo Phenom X4 9500 8GB RAM 512Mb GeForce 8400GS Windows 7 64 bit (zoom zoom)
(1) Dell PowerEdge 2600
(3) Dell PowerEdge 2850's fully loaded w/ Dual core 2.8GHz Hyperthreaded Xeons
Dell PowerVault 220S w/14 73GB drives in a RAID5 array totalling 800GB
find
quote
#55
Time to update your signature Jim! Yeah I'm using it for WHS and I have the 65W model phenom and it does simply rock. Imagine a six core burning up the place Big Grin Sos yes I have rev 2.2 and I havent had much luck with mods yet because I haven't had time to take my server offline and do more flashes. But I did recently update it to the latest BIOS 5.29 on HPs website with success and they put the new HP splash which looks much better. You can also turn off the splash in setup but Im getting ready to just mod the stock BIOS with a custom image we cooked up Smile

I'm getting ready to try the Foxconn BIOS on the Nettle 2 and 3, but Im wondering if we can find a better candidate?

Chris
www find
quote
#56
OK, Like that sig better?

As soon as I get back to work I'm gonna start looking for the 95W Penom X6 to throw into this thing just for the heck of it. I also have to figure out what video card to shove into it to improve my windows experience score.
I'm looking forward to your modded BIOS for this thing, let me know when it's available.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, I'm thrilled and as soon as I get back working I will more than happy to contribute.

Dell Latitude D820 w/D-Dock, T7600G, 3 Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD Xp Pro
Compaq Presario SR5110NX w/ a Nettle3 Mobo Phenom X4 9500 8GB RAM 512Mb GeForce 8400GS Windows 7 64 bit (zoom zoom)
(1) Dell PowerEdge 2600
(3) Dell PowerEdge 2850's fully loaded w/ Dual core 2.8GHz Hyperthreaded Xeons
Dell PowerVault 220S w/14 73GB drives in a RAID5 array totalling 800GB
find
quote
#57
I appreciate it Jim Smile Definitely the 1055T and the 1090T are 125W designs so they will kill the board. Right now we just got to actually get a working BIOS that we can start adding support for.

Chris
www find
quote
#58
Looking around on AMD's site I found one X6 that was only 95W, the HDT55TWFK6DGR is a 1055T running 2.8GHz. I have seen them on Ebay going for around $175. Since the TDP on the Nettle3 is 95W, I thought that I might slide one in there just to see what happens... Kinda like I did with the 5600+ in the Iris Mobo. If I read things correctly the pin placement in the AM2, AM2+ and AM3 is the same the only real difference is the ability to dissapate heat.

Just sayin'

Dell Latitude D820 w/D-Dock, T7600G, 3 Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD Xp Pro
Compaq Presario SR5110NX w/ a Nettle3 Mobo Phenom X4 9500 8GB RAM 512Mb GeForce 8400GS Windows 7 64 bit (zoom zoom)
(1) Dell PowerEdge 2600
(3) Dell PowerEdge 2850's fully loaded w/ Dual core 2.8GHz Hyperthreaded Xeons
Dell PowerVault 220S w/14 73GB drives in a RAID5 array totalling 800GB
find
quote
#59
Right On! For some reason I thought the 1055T was 125W also? anyways what will most likely happen is that it will boot as Unknown CPU and then all we need is a successful AGESA update.
www find
quote
#60
I have been messing with this mobo all day trying to enable the raid options to no avail. Has any progress been made developing a mod for it yet? The computer is a friend of mine's and it is driving me mad because i know it has a raid controller and i cant access it in bios Sad

What do yall recommend? Scrap the board or just ignore the problem?

MCP61PM-HM is rev 2.1 btw.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)