Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425532
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227449
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

HP Pavilion DV5198ea
#1
I tried modding my HP Pavilion DV 5198ea. When I install Windows 7 Pro with OEM key, I see product id with XXXX-OEM-XXXX-XXXX format. But it is not activated. Open 7 Activator says SLIC 2.1 present in BIOS. When i click install product key and cert only, it activates. I don't know if i missed a step when modding my BIOS. I attached required files. Thank you in advance.
find
quote
#2
Hey.

I can't help you with this, as I'm total newbie in this, but how did you mod your bios? I didn't find any tutorial for Phoenix BIOS, so I'd really appreciate help in this.
find
quote
#3
Quick update: I actually did edit and it worked. First, download Phoenix SLIC Mod Tool (2.73). Then your original BIOS from manufacturer website. In phoenix tool select your BIOS file. Then from manufacturer tab, select your manufacturer. In my case it was HP. Then select SLIC file. It is provided with the tool. Then, in my case it did not need SLP file. Probably because it was provided too. But i dont know if it is a must to provide a SLP file. I guess it is optional. (If you have a definite information about this please share.) Then i have a collection of certificates. I verified the SLIC with my certificate. Then i clicked GO. I flashed the BIOS. I used the Windows OS flashing tool provided from HP.(What i did is i extracted the package. I replaced original BIOS with the modded one. And voila!) But i created a customized Windows 7 installation disc using instructions HEREto embed a product key to wim file. And create a OEM folder with the correct certificate with correct name. (In my case it was HPQOEM) After installation it was OEM and activated.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)