Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 75
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26038
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6150
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219987
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 164
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98571
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24041
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324219
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1000
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 302
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542275
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 247
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656846
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20454

HP Pavillion DV6600 series Phoenix BIOS unlock request
Hi all. First post here. Big Grin
So, I've got a HP Pavillion laptop, model DV6625EP (specs here.) and would like to make some changes to it, now that it's out of warranty. Tongue
The problem is, when it comes to BIOS editing I'm a total ignorant. Sad I hope the members of this forum can, please, help me.
I would like to know if there are any hidden BIOS menus and if it is possible to unlock them, so that I can mess with the RAM speeds (that, for some reason, are clocked at 318MHz, instead of 333MHz -> 667MHz DDRII), or any other parameter, and if the CPU microcode table contains an entry for the AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-68. If not, is it possible to add the entry? According to the HP service manual, this laptop can be upgraded up to the TL-66 model, but my guess is, if it can go that far, why not a just little further?
I'm in no hurry, so take your time.
If any additional information is needed, please ask. I'll be glad to help in everything I can.

BIOS file is here.
Thank you for your time.
find
I know I said to "take your time", but can somebody please answer my post?
I don't mean to be rude, but some of the other posts are replied on the same day. Is there something I did wrong? Huh
A simple "I will get on it eventually/in a week" or "It can't be done" would do nicely.
Thank you. Smile
find
HI ,

- You didn`t make any thing wrong but the quick reply depends on the difficulty of the request .
you requested a cpu micro code modification and i must get another bios with the TL-66 microcode to get the code from it , then see if your bios could be patched with this micro code ( patching AMD microcode has reported few success ) .........so , you can say this is not possible now to update microcode .

- concerning unlocking options , you have the frequency ratio options for CPU , HT , LDT , DDR2 MEMORY in your bios but it`s not linked to any hidden or visible menu . so , i must link it to any menus in your bios and this is not easy too .
the other requests have locked options but all of these options are found in locked menus , so once them menus are unlocked , the options are unlocked too.............BUT THE OPTIONS WHICH YOU REQUESTED ARE NOT LINKED TO ANY MENUS AND I SHOULD LINK IT FIRST THEN UNLOCK IT .

i modify the easy requests first then i modify bioses which takes alot of time ..........i knew you have waited for long time and i`m sorry for this but there are alot of requests here and only me modify these bioses .
your bios will be ready today with the unlocked options .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
I can't thank you enough for that reply.
I understand that you have many other requests, I can see that lol, and I don't want to rush you to take my request. I understand that I'm in a line and I must respect my position. I just wanted to know if a member was going to take my request or not and if it was possible. Big Grin
So thank you! And, please, take your time. Smile
If there are other mods with higher priority than mine, please cater to them. I know you guys do this in your free time, much like I do with troubleshooting and new builds.
As for a BIOS with the TL-66/TL-68 code, I'll see if I can find an HP laptop with a BIOS that has the microcode for those processors. Does it matter if it's from another chipset or design (Ami, Award, etc..)?
find
here is your unlocked bios files with unlocked alot of options :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?o282rxhlxrvdxi1

extract the archive then click on the FLASH32.BAT if you use 32bit system or FLASH64.BAT if you use 64 bit system .

- the original bios has 2 files and it seems that there are 2 models of your notebook and it checks for the model then flash the right file...........so click on the flash32.bat or flash64.bat and don`t flash directly from dos as you don`t knew the right file .

i will upload pics for the unlocked options ( you will find it in a newly created tab called MAIN )

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
Thumbs Up 
Wow! Thank you very much. Smile
I will try it tomorrow or, in the worst case scenario, tuesday.
Also, many thanks for organizing all the new options in a new tab, that will really help a lot. Big Grin
About the CPU microcode update, I've been busy doing some research for the past hours and I found an HP laptop that has the AMD Turion TL-68 (and some other laptops too, but this one is more important). Turns out this one uses the very same BIOS that I linked to you to modify for mine.
The laptop is the HP Pavillion dv9850ea (specs here) and here is the BIOS update for it. Same file name, same files inside the installer and the previous BIOS updates are consistent with the ones in my laptop (from the F.22 version onwards. My laptop seems to have been released earlier than this one).
So...this could possibly mean the microcode for the TL-68 is already in the most recent version of the BIOS, right? And is it safe to say that the BIOS update I asked you to modify will also (possibly) work with this particular model? Tongue
find
HERE IS SOME PICS FOR THE OPTIONS............TELL ME IF YOU DIDN`T SEE ANY OF IT AFTER FLASHING .

[Image: HUMMER%20MENU.png]

[Image: IDE.png]

[Image: INTEGRATED%20MENU.png]

[Image: MAIN%20TAB.png]

[Image: POWER%20MENU.png]

IF THE YOU DON`T SEE THE PICS , CHECK THE ATTACHEMENT

.rar   Public.rar (Size: 178.3 KB / Downloads: 47)

find
Ok, so today I got the time to do the flash, but I haven't been successful. Sad
Running FLASH32.BAT (the OS is 32-bit, btw), even as Admin, does nothing. It just pops a window, so fast I can't even tell what it is. After trying and rebooting I was still on the same BIOS I had (F.32). After 4 tries, still no changes.
I also tried running the BIOS update software (Phoenix Secure WinFlash), which is what is automatically executed with the original HP SoftPaq, that returned an error:

The input file 'BIOS.WPH' can not be found.
A valid filename must be specified to continue.

So...what now? Huh
find
there 2 bios file in the archive ...........( .WPH )
there names are different so each one is for special notebook...........after extracting your provided exe bios file i got these 2 files with this flash utility..........you should knew which one is for you notebook ( from it`s name ) then rename it to BIOS.WPH and flash it normally .

find
The thing is, the files' names (30CFF34A.WPH and 30CFF34B.WHP) don't tell me which is the one for my laptop, neither do both show me much difference. Both files have the same size, file type and opening them with an editor doesn't give any conclusive results. But I will see what I can do.

EDIT: By the way, which one did you mod both files, or just one of them? Never mind, I already saw you modded both.
find