Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107999
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8762
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227558
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119713
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310586
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
#1
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my mates old computer for his son to use. He bought it off some eBay guy a while back, and turns out the motherboard is from an old HP Pro 3500. 

Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF (SOCKET 0) - reported via Speccy
BIOS: 8.14
Current CPU: i3 2125

I've sorted him a new GPU and RAM upgrade which are working fine, but the i5 2500K is coming up as unsupported and the PC shuts down. Subsequently found out no K series chips are supported according to the HP website. Stumbled across here via a Google search and see others have managed to fine ways around this on a (hopefully) similar computer (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...h-i5-2500K)

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make a photo of the screen about unsupported CPU.

Download sp70375 and unpack with WinRAR
Run in command line with administrative rights:
SAFUWIN BACKUP.ROM /o
Make screenshot of results.

P.S. Have you a hardware programmer?
find
quote
#3
Hi, thank you for replying. I just noticed the usual request for CPU-Z screens. Which are attached. Will sort the other bits out shortly. Don't think I have a hardware programmer but not too sure what you are referring to.

Thanks again


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Hi, hope this is what you were after. The message about the CPU appears at BIOS level so not sure how to screen shot it - it's something like "Unsupported CPU installed - shutting down computer"


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.
It can be flashed by a hardware programmer or modded safuwin only:
safuwin CU3_819.ROM /p /b /n /r
find
quote
#6
(04-15-2020, 12:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.
It can be flashed by a hardware programmer or modded safuwin only:
safuwin CU3_819.ROM /p /b /n /r

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to DeathBringer for walking me through this - and of course the modded files  Big Grin . The i5 2500K now working beautifully and my friends son is over the moon at the news. If anyone winds up here via Google like I did, trust this guy, he's 100% genuine and knows his sh*t!!

Thank you once again Smile
find
quote
#7
Hey there.
I have a i5 3570K with an updated bios so I could boot by pressing (spamming) F1 key on boot to bypass the warning about uncompatible CPU.
If I don't, the PC just shutdown itself.
After I had read many posts and particularly this one https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20973&pid=163137#pid163137 I understood it was more about TDP than missing microcode into my bios.
Here is the 06A9 into CPU list, so I think it's ok for ucode :
[Image: microcode-i5-3570.png]
I checked using MMTool after I backed-up my bios using safuwinp (the patched one ( Patched AMI SAFUWIN for flashing unsigned BIOS ROMs on HP Motherboards using AMI Aptio (AMI 7 and 8) | My Digital Life Forums ) )
I tried flashing using a replaced CSMCORE and obviously, bricked my BIOS  Shy
I attached the backed bios (backup).
I just purchased a CH341A to restore my bricked bios.

Dear DeathBringer, can you please help me using one of your magic trick ?  Angel

Thanks !
find
quote
#8
Read this thread attentively.
find
quote
#9
(04-15-2020, 12:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.
It can be flashed by a hardware programmer or modded safuwin only:
safuwin CU3_819.ROM /p /b /n /r

Please can you tell me this mod will works with HP Pro 3500 series Foxconn 2ABF 3.20 Rev 09 B3 bios ver 8.19 + 3770k CPU ?
find
quote
#10
maryma
Is official sp70375 suitable for your system?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)