Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

HP ProBooks 4730s - Bios downgrade
#1
Product Name: Hp ProBook 4730s LH351EA

Hello,
 
I have Hp ProBook 4730s (LH351EA)
 
When I bought this notebook there was Windows7 preinstalled on it.
 
Last year I've upgraded to Windows 10 (x64) and faced with problem that Windows 10 can't see my descrete video card at all (So I'm not able to install drivers for it). I didn't pay attention on it before because I'm not playing any 'hard' games, but I found that my notebook overheating a lot (So any graphical application even simple game on flash forces CPU overload).
 
So.. what I did to solve this problem: 
 
1. I've updated BIOS to the latest version F60 with a hope that this will help Windows 10 to find my ATI display card - DIDN'T HELP
2. I tried to rollback to Windows 7, but installation shows me BSOD (blue screen) in the very beginning with error something like "BIOS on this computer is not fully ACPI compliant"
3. Than I decided to downgrade BIOS
3a. I wasn't able to downgrade BIOS using Windows software - it tells that I have a newer version of BIOS installed and I don't need to install older one (haha)
3b. Tried combination of USB Flash with FAT32 and copying bios BIN file into it. Shut down computer. Press Win+B+Power keys. Not successful - black screen, fan on the full speed and blinking CAPS Lock
3c. Downloaded and installed on USB flash card UEFI HP Tools. It has created directories Hewlett-Packard -- BIOS -- etc on the flash card. I manually unpacked exe with older BIOS downloaded from HP support site, unpacked ROM.CAB, renamed files 
rom.bin -> 68SRR.BIN
efibios.sig -> 68SRR.s12
rom.sig -> 68SRR.SIG
and placed them into Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New\ folder on USB flash drive
 
Also I placed content of BIOSUpdate folder from downloaded Firmware to the folder Hewlett-Packard\BIOSUpdate\ on Flash drive.
After that I restarted Notebook. Went to the BIOS -> checked "update bios" and restarted again
 
HP Update BIOS tool started. 
There were two buttons - don't remember exact text, but something like "Continue update (timer)" and "Cancel"
After clicking on continue mouse pointer freezes, timer freezes and nothing happens. I waited about 15 minutes.. nothing happens [Image: 16x16_smiley-sad.gif] 
 
After reboot into Windows 10 again I checked LOG created by HP Bios Update tool.

03/10/16 10:02:39  HP BIOS Image Interface Protocol Version 1.0
03/10/16 10:02:39  BattInit: Protocol 2010.
03/10/16 10:02:39  All Required Protocols Located
03/10/16 10:02:39  Lang reported as eng.
03/10/16 10:02:39  Language Selected is currently (eng).
03/10/16 10:02:40  Bios Version = F.50
03/10/16 10:02:48  Signature of BIOS Image failed verification (Invalid Parameter)



I tried several version of downloaded old firmwares (F1, F5, F7, F40, F41, F50)
 
Every time I got more or less same result (signature verification failed).

3d.
I tried to create DOS flash with bios on it and HP util on it.
After running bios update - it immediately told me that I have newer version of bios installed.

3e.
I googled that some 'patched' version of HPqflash exists. I tried 3 versions of patched HPqflash I've found (I should say that all of them were rather old versions 4.xx). All of them ignored version and started uploading BIOS, but at the very end of 'Flashing new BIOS' step they told me the same error - that I have newer version installed already.

I don't have any ideas more. Is some more fresh 'patched' version of HPqflash exists? Or is there any variant to 'hack' BIOS version number (to tell the system that I want to upload newer version of BIOS?)

Ready to donate to solve my problem. Any help much appreciated!
find
quote
#2
Hello!
Your bios Recovery name is SMC.bin.
Here is guide how to flash bios in Recovery mode after brick.
http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...overy.html
find
quote
#3
(04-06-2016, 03:56 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello!
Your bios Recovery name is SMC.bin.
Here is guide how to flash bios in Recovery mode after brick.
http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...overy.html

Hello,

Thank you for such quick reply.
There is no any information on how to use Andy's tool. I tried several variants with Andy's Tool and downloaded ROM from HP site, but I wasn't able to find combination of buttons to click to get RSA.SIG and .DEC files. (Only DUMP folder with a huge amount of files in it and Rom_SLIC.bin and SLIC.LOG  files in the root folder)
Sorry for such probably noob questions, but I'm really noob in this Sad

Could you please direct me in the correct way?

[Image: ec4a17cdae.png]

Loaded Rom.bin in Andy's tool. What to do next?
find
quote
#4
oK.. i GOOGLED  that no need to perform any actions in phoenixtool except opening original ROM file.
I tried it for several versions of bioses for my laptop (F01, F05, F07, F40, F41, F50).
Every time I see only this:

[Image: d123ef3ba1.png]
Does it mean that no chance to get RSA.SIG and .DEC files for me?
find
quote
#5
update:

Tried:
8GB Flash formatted into FAT32
Volume label: HP_TOOLS
UEFI Bios update: installed HP_TOOLS onto flash drive
.ROM and .SIG files copied to the ../Current/ folder.

Unplug battery and power adapter/Pressing and holding Win+B keys/plugin adapter/Press power button/Release Win+B buttons after few seconds

Result: Black screen, CAPS LOCK blinking, system FAN blows on it's maximum. Tried all USB ports with waiting at least 5 minutes for each.. Nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
find
quote
#6
I still haven't resolved this issue.. Any thoughts?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)