Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

HP ProOne 400 G2 Legacy boot option unlock
#1
I have HP ProOne 400 G2. And I need to unlock legacy boot option to boot from Lumix usb to install it. Maybe I am rong but I think that there's is UEFI only. I ask HP forum to help but they answer me they do not support Linux and I can not boot from it and I can not install it (why?) and even if I install it (what?)... I do not know which BIOS provider is it. If I insert legacy bootable Lunix usb its just skip it and boot from internal preinstalled Windows 10. Please advice me to install Linux on it.
BIOS located there https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...ku=T4R03EA


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
what distro/ version of linux are you trying to install? You don't have to install in legacy. There are no problem running newer distro's in uefi.
find
quote
#3
It seems that in 1st I need to update BIOS. Current one is 2.51, instralled one is 2.12. There is a lot of fixes including legacy mode.
What about distro I need to install Astra Linux on my working HP (yep I'm from Russia and I approve to use this distro on it)). I suppose I need to write dist in UEFI. Found Etcher for it. Can check it at next week.
looking through the info on Astra it seems that it can be installed in uefi. So yes I'd make sure you have a x64 iso and write it as an uefi install with rufus. I don't think there should be an issue.
find
quote
#4
Well... nothing is works. I sucefuky udate BIOS to current one. Create usb flash drive with Etcher. It wont boot from it. Its just skipped it and don't see it in BIOS. For sure Ill try another one flash drive but it seems that reason is in something another.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
It seems that I can not disable secure boot. I need a mod for BIOS. In BIOS (ok, UEFI) settings I can not see any Secure Boot enty.
find
quote
#6
Ok we boot well from USB. Rewrote it for a few times with different modes. Boot with Legasy written in rufus. Etcher didnt boot. Have issue with graphics etc but its not bios related. So thread is done.

May be this :

https://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)