Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108113
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1319
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

HP Touchsmart 310-1260uk Serial Number Missing after BIOS dump
#1
Hi, i'm fairly new to BIOS modding and i'd like to know if the splash screen can be changed into something more visually appealing, i have a voltage modded ch341a that i have made a bios backup with.
I need to know the original dimensions of the original splash screen so i can resize it accordingly, that would mean also obtaining the original bios picture.
If anyone could help me in the right direction, either here or in email
find
quote
#2
Hello.
(05-07-2022, 03:56 PM)zxvdblm Wrote: I need to know the original dimensions of the original splash screen
It's a Compaq logo 640x480.
find
quote
#3
Would i be able to make my own splash screen and have someone replace it? 
Like the image attached
find
quote
#4
(05-08-2022, 12:37 AM)zxvdblm Wrote: Would i be able to make my own splash screen and have someone replace it?
"OEMLogo" customized with MMTool.
DOWNLOAD
The ROM file in the archive is your modified backup, so the serial data will not be lost if you use ch341a.
find
quote
#5
Thank you, ill attempt to flash this, losing the serial number was one of my main concerns aswell.

Flashed the mod, my previous attempts of doing it myself kinda got in the way and now i don't have any of that information, therefore the custom logo doesnt show to begin with, just a DOS style ami diagnostics screen on every boot.
I might aswell start a different thread as my DMI is all messed up to begin with. (Where would i go on about that?, not sure where to actually put said thread, i need help so someone can rewrite these values for me.)
find
quote
#6
So it's a logo change request that doesn't even show up, in the first place...
find
quote
#7
I need someone to rewrite the Serial Number DMI/ values and such, I can't attach the original  BIOS exe for the 1260uk as there's too many attachments.
and the BIOS dump with the modified splash screen, which i need the serial number to be inserted into. 

There's more than just the serial number missing (chassis no. etc) so i'm hoping someone can help.

I have also attached the stickers on the back of the Computer and on the Bottom, as i've heard these can be used for this. aswell as the text versions.

1.

HP Touch Smart 310 PC
Serial No. CZC1434S6R
Product No. LN538EA#ABU
Model No. 310-1260uk

2.
Chassis No:638530-ZH2
Serial No: 4CS1340JVH
Chassis CT No: LCDDR01MH1F3BD

3.
RID=11WE2ARW6**#SABU#DABU

FeatureByte=2V33 3D3K 3N3Q 3R3U 3v3X 3b46 4f4h 5Q5c 5x66 676] 6S6b 7B7K 7N7R 757W 7j7t 82 .hQ

310-1260uk


Because these are all missing, the custom BIOS logo doesnt even appear. even if i try to flash the original BIOS, all the info's gone, hoping someone with more experience in messing around with the AMI bios can do this for me.
find
quote
#8
(05-08-2022, 02:30 PM)zxvdblm Wrote: Because these are all missing, the custom BIOS logo doesnt even appear
So, you're convinced that while the DMI block is empty, the diagnostic screen overrides the display of the logo?

I could insert the data, but I have not enough experience and therefore I need some reference. It should be an AMI BIOS dump version 5 or 6, but I can't find any in the public domain. Looks like I'll have to spend a couple of dollars.
find
quote
#9
I'm convinced, the diagnostic screen appears even if you choose to disable it in the BIOS. In Windows 7, if i open msinfo32, the system manufacturer reads as "HPQOEM" and the model reads as "SLIC-CPC", due to the missing info, also causing windows to not be activated anymore probably due to another missing value

(05-08-2022, 11:35 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: So it's a logo change request that doesn't even show up, in the first place...

TBF, I thought if someone else modified the dump who actually knew how to use the AMI tool's it'd actually work, but then i realised it's probably all the DMI stuff that's the problem
find
quote
#10
(05-08-2022, 03:09 PM)zxvdblm Wrote: the model reads as "SLIC-CPC"
I have a question for you. How did you install my mod? Using SPI programmer?
It turned out that MMTool clears the padding areas. That empty space between BIOS modules. And there those serial numbers are stored. As soon as I examine your original bios backup, I found all the data in it! Anyways, the AFUWIN program should have flashed new BIOS with preservation of serials. So confusing. Now I want to find out what sequence of events led to the current situation in order not to make things worse.

I apologize for my amateurish statement from the 4th post that everything will be all right. Actually, that's I screwed up with MMTool.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)