Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425531
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227447
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310558
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Hello, from a newbie
#1
Question 
And I am in need of some help. If possible. I came across this forum by Googling for details of downloads for a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop. To save me typing out everything again, I will copy-and-paste a question I posted on Yahoo Questions. I am not sure if I have joined the right forum to get help, but I am at my wits end with things, any help and advice will be appreciated so very much thank you.

Here is what I posted on Yahoo Questions;

Recently I had some trouble with my computer. All of a sudden the DVD RW drive stopped recognising any discs of any type, it still won't recognise any despite me reinstalling the firmware. I tried to do a System Restore and when the computer had gone through it's process, the message that popped up on the screen said System Restore Did Not Complete.

So I tried to do a factory reset, but that didn't work either. It got to a certain point in the restore process and then stopped, a window appeared with a red circle and a white X in it and and OK button and it wouldn't complete the process.

Then, after that, stupidly, I somehow managed to reformat my RECOVERY D drive, and everything got wiped from it. So I used a piece of software to try to undo what I did and it appeared to work, so I recovered the files, placed them back into the Recovery drive and tried the process again. The files must not have recovered properly because none of them work at all now.

I thought that reinstalling Vista from the disc I was given with my computer, and the reinstallation of Vista went through fine, I also had to reinstall all the drivers from the other disc and they installed fine too. Thing is, the RECOVERY D drive still doesn't work, it didn't restore.

The computer is not running like it did before, none of the graphics are the same, none of the Windows themes look the same as they did before. The section of the Control Panel that is called Performance And Information Tools, that has the performance details in it, now has a low 1.0 performance rating and there is an exclamation mark beside a sentence that says New Hardware Detected and that is asking me to refresh. I did this earlier, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Is there any way I can get all the files back properly, by redownloading them from somewhere maybe, or by doing something else so that I can get my Factory Reset procedure back? I feel, though I may be wrong, that if I had this procedure back, it may help things.

I am quite comp savvy, but this last problem had me stumped, as does the issues I have now, hence why I am asking for advice and help from other like-minded people.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop running on Windows Vista Home Basic.

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)