Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425637
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3843
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227569
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310590
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Help reflashing wiped EEPROM after bad flash
#1
I recently flashed a custom BIOS for my HP 6730B provided by Maxinator, however this BIOS bricked my laptop so now I need help restoring it.

I initially tried creating a USB recovery drive but the laptop would not initialize BIOS recovery.

Next I tried using the Win+B and Win+V commands, but neither brought up the BIOS recovery utility.

Next I decided to see what I could do with my CH341A, so I disassembled the laptop and hooked up the chip to a separate laptop. Upon reading the chip with ASProgrammer, I was able to confirm that the custom BIOS provided to me was flashed correctly.

I next tried to wipe and flash the EEPROM with the original BIOS, however it appears that the EEPROM is stuck in Write Disable Mode, so although I was able to erase the custom BIOS, I cannot reflash the original BIOS. Using "Unprotect" in ASProgrammer does not unprotect the chip. Checking the status registers for my EEPROM (SST25VF016B) confirms that WREN (Write Enable) is low (0) and writing is disabled.

According to the datasheet (attached to my post) for this EEPROM, Writing can be enabled by sending the hex code 06 to the IC, however it's not described how to send this code in the datasheet. Does anyone know how to re-enable write mode on this EEPROM? Any help is greatly appreciated!


Attached Files
.pdf   20005044C.pdf (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#2
I was able to use a different program NeoProgrammer to write to the chip correctly, however even with the original BIOS the computers will not boot.
find
quote
#3
Did you ever get it to work ?

Regards, Vaako
find
quote
#4
He throwed the PCs away.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)