Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Last Post: Tim82
Today 09:08 AM
» Replies: 508
» Views: 101032
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2516
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40958
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 331
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55301
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64127
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52168
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167120
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 236
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125406
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317055

Help with adding new WiFi card into BIOS whitelist
Hello Every One,

Having recieved no replies to my earlier Whitelist removal request, I have decided to give it a try my self, however myself being a novice at BIOS Mods, would humbly request your help with it.

Here is how far I have been thus far, using Andys Phoenix tool I open up the downloaded BIOS.rom file for my Toshiba Laptop (Selected No Slic , and allow module modification - Under advanced options), this results in a dump folder which is illustrated in the attached image - The dump folder has a number of .ROM files and another folder called BIOS which contains a lot of files with extension BIOS.

searching through all of the ROM files for my excising WIFI+BT HEX (My current card BCM4313) -
-Current original card: (Broadcom94313 - WiFi + BT) PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_7175144F&REV_01
vendor 14E4
device 4727
subsys 71 75 14 4F
HEX Search: E4 14 27 47 4F 14 75 71

I have come across a single instance for the HEX string (its a small 7kb .ROM file - Image Attached)
Now my question is - is this where I need to change the HEX value to those of my replacement card -

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_21231A3B&REV_03
Vendor 14E4
dev 43B1
Sybsys 21 23 1A 3B
Replacement HEX E4 14 B1 43 3B 1A 23 21

And if the answer is yes after changing and saving in HEX editor, what are the rest of the steps to compile and upload the moded BIOS (A step by step play out would be most appreciated). When I start with Andys Tool it creates a BIOS-Slic.ROM file (even though I select NO SLIC in advanced options). Is this the moded BIOS I need to flash with? And just how would I get about doing it?

Also one more question - When I check the BIOS information using SIW (Hardware Information Utility) it shows it to be a Toshiba BIOS, Using Andy's tool, opening the downloaded .ROM Bios file reports the BIOS to be EFI Insyde, Reading into some of .ROM files there is a mention of Phoenix a number of times - so which one is it?

Thank You in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Hamood

find
(02-18-2014, 07:23 AM)hamoodaslam Wrote: Hello Every One,

Having recieved no replies to my earlier Whitelist removal request, I have decided to give it a try my self, however myself being a novice at BIOS Mods, would humbly request your help with it.

Here is how far I have been thus far, using Andys Phoenix tool I open up the downloaded BIOS.rom file for my Toshiba Laptop (Selected No Slic , and allow module modification - Under advanced options), this results in a dump folder which is illustrated in the attached image - The dump folder has a number of .ROM files and another folder called BIOS which contains a lot of files with extension BIOS.

searching through all of the ROM files for my excising WIFI+BT HEX (My current card BCM4313) -
-Current original card: (Broadcom94313 - WiFi + BT) PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_7175144F&REV_01
vendor 14E4
device 4727
subsys 71 75 14 4F

I have come across a single instance for the HEX string (its a small 7kb .ROM file - Image Attached)
Now my question is - is this where I need to change the HEX value to those of my replacement card -

Vendor 14E4
dev 43B1
Sybsys 21 23 1A 3B

And if the answer is yes after changing and saving in HEX editor, what are the rest of the steps to compile and upload the moded BIOS (A step by step play out would be most appreciated). When I start with Andys Tool it creates a BIOS-Slic.ROM file (even though I select NO SLIC in advanced options). Is this the moded BIOS I need to flash with? And just how would I get about doing it?

Also one more question - When I check the BIOS information using SIW (Hardware Information Utility) it shows it to be a Toshiba BIOS, Using Andy's tool, opening the downloaded .ROM Bios file reports the BIOS to be EFI Insyde, Reading into some of .ROM files there is a mention of Phoenix a number of times - so which one is it?

Hamood

Maybe you should be asking your questions here?
find
(02-20-2014, 10:00 AM)Z500T Wrote:

vendor 14E4
device 4727
subsys 71 75 14 4F

Vendor 14E4
dev 43B1
Sybsys 21 23 1A 3B

Hamood

Hello Z500T,

First of, Thank You for replying, secondly my questions -

1- After replacing the HEX string with that of the new card, and saving it how do I recompile the BIOS.ROM file, or does the PHOENIX tool takes care of that automatically?
2- When I initally run the Andys BIOS TOOL it creates a BIOS-SLIC.ROM file (even though I select NO SLIC in advanced options), is this normal, and is this the file I need to flash with?
3- After getting the Modded BIOS ROM file how do I flash with it, is there a software I need to update the BIOS? which one?
4- How to correctly Identify what kind my BIOS is? Because when I check the BIOS information using SIW (Hardware Information Utility) it shows it to be a Toshiba BIOS, Using Andy's tool, opening the downloaded .ROM Bios file reports the BIOS to be EFI Insyde, Reading into some of .ROM files there is a mention of Phoenix a number of times - so which one is it?

Thanks
Hamood
find
(02-21-2014, 08:24 AM)hamoodaslam Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 10:00 AM)Z500T Wrote:

vendor 14E4
device 4727
subsys 71 75 14 4F

Vendor 14E4
dev 43B1
Sybsys 21 23 1A 3B

Hamood

Hello Z500T,

First of, Thank You for replying, secondly my questions -

1- After replacing the HEX string with that of the new card, and saving it how do I recompile the BIOS.ROM file, or does the PHOENIX tool takes care of that automatically?
2- When I initally run the Andys BIOS TOOL it creates a BIOS-SLIC.ROM file (even though I select NO SLIC in advanced options), is this normal, and is this the file I need to flash with?
3- After getting the Modded BIOS ROM file how do I flash with it, is there a software I need to update the BIOS? which one?
4- How to correctly Identify what kind my BIOS is? Because when I check the BIOS information using SIW (Hardware Information Utility) it shows it to be a Toshiba BIOS, Using Andy's tool, opening the downloaded .ROM Bios file reports the BIOS to be EFI Insyde, Reading into some of .ROM files there is a mention of Phoenix a number of times - so which one is it?

Thanks
Hamood

You have to read the link provided earlier to get your answers. Just click it and you will redirected to it. Or click this http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...d-requests
find
Too much doubts Wink

So friend, Z500 (I think Lenovo He has) knows much about Remove Wthelist method, but cannot write it.

Get the right tools :

1 Andyp PMTool 2.51b2 or b1 or CodeRush UEFI Tool here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...and-editor
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...es/page381

2 Hex Editor (Winhex or free HDedit :
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
or on Donovan6k blog
http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...7858214287

3 Hex value and String Searcher (It's better tool to find string or hex numbers in a recursive files folder, I explain later)
http://www.easexp.com/xsearch/

4 Disassembler / Debugger tool IDA Pro
http://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/sup...load.shtml

5 Universal EFI IFR Extractor from Donovan6k (bigger bios modder)

6 Ascii Editor Ultraedit and Ultracompare (You can find easy)

The You can start t mod !

Phoenix Mod Tool uses No_Slic option to repack bios, but You can use Structure Button too with some differences.
So to unpack bios run PMT and it will show in DUMP folder all modules .ROM files whose are costituing your bios packed file .bin .rom .fd (Indyde use Tiano Lzma compression) and PMT wonderful tool has all in one.
CodeRush program too is excellent, new and quick, but not offer Slic Mod.

When You get all modules You have to know what anyone do into the bios.
There are for PCi Cards Others for Video Others as SetupUtility for bios manageent.

Now You have to know your Pci Card Vendor ID and find it into the modules, so have to use XSearch !

to be continued . . . .

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hi BDMaster,

I don't know much about whitelist removal but I'm trying to learn, therefore I cannot write about it. But I find the link that I provided to be excellently written in detail and think that the answers to the questions raised by the op can be answered by that link. However, if you feel repeating the information to answer the questions, I am most interested to read them to update myself.

Thanks for sharing what you know.

Z500T
find
(02-21-2014, 10:22 AM)Z500T Wrote: Hi BDMaster,

I don't know much about whitelist removal but I'm trying to learn, therefore I cannot write about it. But I find the link that I provided to be excellently written in detail and think that the answers to the questions raised by the op can be answered by that link. However, if you feel repeating the information to answer the questions, I am most interested to read them to update myself.

Z500T

Yes It's true and Sovem is very prepared for knowledge and programming, He is going to overcome every traguard on Whitelist removing.
An We have to thanks to everyone wants to condivide his own knowledge and experience.
I have done some experiments to bypass Whitelist checks and i find (when It's possible) that better choice to do it is leave all code inalterated and do simple mod
to bypass infinite loop that locks pc after Whithelist check.
We have to do some examples to explain better.
I will find a mod and reply yet to show You something

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
(02-21-2014, 11:14 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 10:22 AM)Z500T Wrote: Hi BDMaster,

Z500T

Yes It's true and Sovem is very prepared for knowledge and programming, He is going to overcome every traguard on Whitelist removing.
An We have to thanks to everyone wants to condivide his own knowledge and experience.
I have done some experiments to bypass Whitelist checks and i find (when It's possible) that better choice to do it is leave all code inalterated and do simple mod
to bypass infinite loop that locks pc after Whithelist check.
We have to do some examples to explain better.
I will find a mod and reply yet to show You something

That would be great. Finally Sovem (and you - BTW he seems to be so busy that he never answer questions raised earlier) can spare his precious time to answer some questions that might be raised after reading your information later.

Looking forward to it.

Z500T
find
It not happen often that someone explain . . . but prayers are answered !

General steps to mod, no matter what bios:

-decompose the bios into its modules and decompressing, at least one module.
PMTool or UEFI Tool

-search through the modules for the bytes sequence of your currently used card.
XSearch

Note it’s stored like that (I used Lenovo IdeaPad G480 data to be concrete) :
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01

Means:
Vendor: 14E4
Device: 4727
SUBSYS: 145C103C

Stored at whitelist like:

E41427473C105C14 (This is Little Endian Intel Format E4 14 27 47 3C 10 5C 14 inverted numbers LIFO, starting from right to left rewrite numbers E4 14 47 27 14 5C 10 3C )
Ok and other important fact is the error messages that bios give when stop to work !

-search through the modules for string sequence of error messages :

“Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in Power off and remove it”
“Unauthorized WWAN network card is plugged in Power off and remove it”

So We have two data to work on :

PCI\VEN + Error Strings, We have to go to search them, use XSearch !!!!
run it and find half numbers sequence of PCI ID Vendor and Device :

2747E414
Select Hexadecimal and go It will find this module :

4082D1D0-1744-4EE3-803E-B8EE3F07B2FE_1869.ROM
GUID module name You can find in Slic.Log file generated from PMTool or opening
Structure function ! It is "OEM NVS Driver"

Now we have to search the eeror string and We have to know that strings are wrote as Unicode, any char is separated with an 00 !!!
e.g. Unauthorized = U 00 n 00 a 00 u 00 . . . . so choice Unicode form in XSearch (what useful tool WOW !!!!)
and You'll find this module :
11D378C2-B472-412F-AD87-1BE4CD8B33A6_1953.ROM UEFI L05 BIOS Lock

So now We have enough to do "much and much more than this" (Frank Sinatra)

Save these modules from DUMP folder and than or we try to change by HDEdit (HexEditor) the PCI VENDOR Data this is a way or we can try to patch
in assembly code the Module Assembler Code (It's the mod !).

Now we have to Start another chapter "IDA Pro" Hip Hip Hurra . . .

To be continued . . . .

P.S. look here I done mod working for WiFi and Bluetooth (working ???!!!! but It wasn't impossible !)
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...s?p=877428&viewfull=1#post877428

find
(02-21-2014, 10:02 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Too much doubts Wink

So friend, Z500 (I think Lenovo He has) knows much about Remove Wthelist method, but cannot write it.

Get the right tools :

1 Andyp PMTool 2.51b2 or b1 or CodeRush UEFI Tool here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...and-editor
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...es/page381

2 Hex Editor (Winhex or free HDedit :
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
or on Donovan6k blog

3 Hex value and String Searcher (It's better tool to find string or hex numbers in a recursive files folder, I explain later)
http://www.easexp.com/xsearch/

4 Disassembler / Debugger tool IDA Pro
http://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/sup...load.shtml

5 Universal EFI IFR Extractor from Donovan6k (bigger bios modder)

6 Ascii Editor Ultraedit and Ultracompare (You can find easy)

The You can start t mod !

Phoenix Mod Tool uses No_Slic option to repack bios, but You can use Structure Button too with some differences.
So to unpack bios run PMT and it will show in DUMP folder all modules .ROM files whose are costituing your bios packed file .bin .rom .fd (Indyde use Tiano Lzma compression) and PMT wonderful tool has all in one.
CodeRush program too is excellent, new and quick, but not offer Slic Mod.

When You get all modules You have to know what anyone do into the bios.
There are for PCi Cards Others for Video Others as SetupUtility for bios manageent.

Now You have to know your Pci Card Vendor ID and find it into the modules, so have to use XSearch !

to be continued . . . .

BDMaster,

Thank You for replying, I have downloaded all of the tools you pointed out, have downloaded my BIOS.ROM file, used PMT to decompress into modules, I know the HEX value of my original card and the replacement card, found the hex value in one of the decompressed .ROM files, changed with the new wifi card Values, and thats all I know how to do, once I change the values using the HEX editor what are the rest of the steps?

Part II please
Anxiously awaiting your reply

Thanks again for all your help
Hamood.
find