Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424142
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223772
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309510
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169144
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Help with applying me_cleaner to Insyde BIOS
#1
Notebook: HP Pavilion 15-p250nq (i3-5010U CPU)
BIOS: Insyde F.57 Rev.A (sp92961) link
           
       I wish to neutralize the Intel Management Engine component using me_cleaner. My options seem to be external flashing using the proper tools or internal flashing using the software flashing tools provided by the hardware vendor for regular bios updates. 
       In my case I choose the second option as I don't possess external tools and the InsydeFlash tool provided by HP provides a USB drive recovery option in case something goes wrong.
       Unfortunately, I have some troubles following the necessary steps. me_cleaner expects the bios image to be a single .bin or .rom file, however after using the InsydeFlash executable (that is also called  "HP System BIOS Update Utility") and selecting the "Copy BIOS image to any file location (Advanced users)" option I am provided with not one, but multiple files as shown in this image which makes the process confusing. (I also tried using the "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0" in hopes of obtaining a single bios file, but encountered a "Can not identify the BIOS" error.)
       Also, even if I figure out which one of those files I need to apply me_cleaner to, I still need to somehow use the InsydeFlash utility to flash the modified bios. That is confusing as well judging by the structural differences of the files from the Insyde folder and the presence of certain .ini files as shown in this image.
       Then there is also the process of applying the me_cleaner script itself, as instructions are provided only for terminal use in a GNU/Linux OS but they seem simple enough so I don't expect to have troubles with that.

       I would be very grateful if a more knowledgeable person than me could help clarify this process. Thanks for reading.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)