Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Superlative Сasual Dating - Authentic Da...
Last Post: bobikjacek
Today 04:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Girls
Last Post: voja
Today 03:44 AM
» Views: 20
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Views: 59
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69442
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1324
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70444
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11134
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36925
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 544884
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10742
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4225
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 172
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 171
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 165
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 177
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-20-2024 07:24 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 660291
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-20-2024 03:23 AM
» Replies: 119
» Views: 22240

How do I add Voltage settings to my bios? (Asus P5K SE)
I noticed that modification downloads changes. How do I check if my bios has some hidden settings? My bios is AMI
find
First, you link your BIOS here, stock download, or give the system model etc. Big Grin
But to answer you directly, yes your BIOS has hidden settings, almost all do in varying degrees (99%).
How you'd check that varies on the BIOS type/brand etc, so I can't answer that directly without knowing the system or looking at the BIOS
find
(05-21-2019, 12:04 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: First, you link your BIOS here, stock download, or give the system model etc. Big Grin
But to answer you directly, yes your BIOS has hidden settings, almost all do in varying degrees (99%).  
How you'd check that varies on the BIOS type/brand etc, so I can't answer that directly without knowing the system or looking at the BIOS

My mobo is Asus P5K Se, bios file is attached here.
I wonder if there is a way to unlock all hidden settings that are there (Because in my current bios settings, there's NB Voltage or VTT Voltage options Missing) So i wonder if they are just hidden or don't exist.. If they don't exist is it possible to add them somehow?

Attached Files
.rom   P5KSEAHCIE5450.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
Yes, your BIOS possibly has hidden settings, can't be sure since You did not include any images of the BIOS sections that concern you. But I looked, and see nothing like the two settings you mentioned on the jumperfree config page so they are not hidden from you. There is a Clock OverCharging Voltage (unsure what this is, or if you can see it or not), directly under DRAM voltage

It may be possible to add, but I don't know the proper method since this BIOS is so old. Someone else may be able to help with that.
I do know how to switch BIOS region from other similar model in this Asus P5K series, if you find other similar that does have them, but that may introduce other issues and also would only be safe for you to test if you have a flash programmer in hand and are ready to be able to recover from bad flash.
find
(05-21-2019, 11:15 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, your BIOS possibly has hidden settings, can't be sure since You did not include any images of the BIOS sections that concern you.  But I looked, and see nothing like the two settings you mentioned on the jumperfree config page so they are not hidden from you.  There is a Clock OverCharging Voltage (unsure what this is, or if you can see it or not), directly under DRAM voltage

It may be possible to add, but I don't know the proper method since this BIOS is so old.  Someone else may be able to help with that.
I do know how to switch BIOS region from other similar model in this Asus P5K series, if you find other similar that does have them, but that may introduce other issues and also would only be safe for you to test if you have a flash programmer in hand and are ready to be able to recover from bad flash.

I have Cha341a programmer and the clip. But probably my bios isn't soldered. Also you are the only one that respond on this forum so...
find
Yes, many older Asus BIOS is socketed BIOS, so you don't need the clip, but you do need an extraction tool unless you can carefully remove the chip to put in your programmer. It can be done, you just have to be careful, especially as you get closer to getting it out, if it pops out wrong quickly you can bend the legs up pretty badly. Rock it back and forth with gentle upward pressure, less upward pressure as you get closer to getting it out, once halfway out you can slide something thin underneath it then pull straight upward from both sides at once and it will pop right out.

Then when you put in programmer only push it halfway down, that way it's easy to get out of there to put back in board, and you can put in board only half way too until you're sure you wont be removing it again any time soon.

Here is guide on how to use CH341A if you aren't familiar already, in this guide treat the BIOS chip as "the cable shown in guide". on your chip, the side with half moon or half circle divot is the one with pin1
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...programmer

Get a dump of your current BIOS, and have someone confirm it's complete and actual BIOS before you write anything. Also, when you first open any/all of the CH341A software, go to the auto button/action and uncheck erase + Blank check, that way you don't accidentally erase anything before you are ready.

Read, verify, then once it says buffer and chip match, then save and check to be sure it's proper BIOS (or upload and I will check)

Once you've done that and we confirm it's OK, then you can test programming in the other boards BIOS, but be sure to pick one that looks close to your boards layout, certain functions may not work but it's the BIOS settings you want to check anyway. If you find one that has what you like, and it runs on your board, we may be able to port you a Frankenstein BIOS.

As for actual BIOS settings, you can check any boards BIOS before you even consider testing it on your board, download AMIBCP 3.51 and then open BIOS in that and check to see if you see settings you wanted or not. If not, on any of them you consider, then nothing to do here Sad
find
Many Asus series of p5* has NB and VTT voltage control. Before removing bios should I remove the CMOS battery?
find
(05-22-2019, 12:45 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, many older Asus BIOS is socketed BIOS, so you don't need the clip, but you do need an extraction tool unless you can carefully remove the chip to put in your programmer.  It can be done, you just have to be careful, especially as you get closer to getting it out, if it pops out wrong quickly you can bend the legs up pretty badly.  Rock it back and forth with gentle upward pressure, less upward pressure as you get closer to getting it out, once halfway out you can slide something thin underneath it then pull straight upward from both sides at once and it will pop right out.

Then when you put in programmer only push it halfway down, that way it's easy to get out of there to put back in board, and you can put in board only half way too until you're sure you wont be removing it again any time soon.

Here is guide on how to use CH341A if you aren't familiar already, in this guide treat the BIOS chip as "the cable shown in guide".  on your chip, the side with half moon or half circle divot is the one with pin1
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...programmer

Get a dump of your current BIOS, and have someone confirm it's complete and actual BIOS before you write anything.  Also, when you first open any/all of the CH341A software, go to the auto button/action and uncheck erase + Blank check, that way you don't accidentally erase anything before you are ready.

Read, verify, then once it says buffer and chip match, then save and check to be sure it's proper BIOS (or upload and I will check)

Once you've done that and we confirm it's OK, then you can test programming in the other boards BIOS, but be sure to pick one that looks close to your boards layout, certain functions may not work but it's the BIOS settings you want to check anyway.  If you find one that has what you like, and it runs on your board, we may be able to port you a Frankenstein BIOS.

As for actual BIOS settings, you can check any boards BIOS before you even consider testing it on your board, download AMIBCP 3.51 and then open BIOS in that and check to see if you see settings you wanted or not.  If not, on any of them you consider, then nothing to do here Sad
In this page: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-s...os-not-EPU
I found that you can install P5KR Bios on my mobo but i'd like to just have more voltage control settings, can you check if that bios has different voltage controls? (eg. NB or VTT or FSB Voltage) and if possible, add them to my?. Note AMIBcp says can't open the bios file on the P5KR or my (downloaded from Asus site).
find
You don't need to remove CMOS battery. Thanks for confirming about the other boards.

These BIOS are so old, I cannot remember how to do cut/move from one BIOS to another, or add setting that aren't there. I know it's possible, and remember it's very involved and difficult. So your best bet is to flash the other BIOS in using method you found mentioned.

Here is comparison of the jumperfree settings from both BIOS, it has Vtt and NB voltage, as well as LLC
[Image: Bh3lade.png]
find
(05-23-2019, 09:59 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You don't need to remove CMOS battery.  Thanks for confirming about the other boards.

These BIOS are so old, I cannot remember how to do cut/move from one BIOS to another, or add setting that aren't there.  I know it's possible, and remember it's very involved and difficult.  So your best bet is to flash the other BIOS in using method you found mentioned.

Here is comparison of the jumperfree settings from both BIOS, it has Vtt and NB voltage, as well as LLC
[Image: Bh3lade.png]

But wouldn't it break AHCI (that i currently got, reset it to IDE or something)..
Also does P5KR have the Xeon e5450 (E0 stepping, SLBBM) microcode?
Also what is the program that you used to open the ROMS?..
Also the P5KR bios doesn't have the AI NET 2 tab so would it change anything?
The kodakey page is offline. How do I install the P5KR bios?
Btw. USB 3.0 Usb drive isn't detected in 2.0 port in bios.
find