Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224571
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 412
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

How do I force flash bios to different model?
#41
Sure, I'll wait for the next steps to run proper G550JX BIOS.
At least, when something messed up again, I already have the tools to recover, so thats good too.

Thanks again!
find
quote
#42
Yes, you now have tools and proper files to recover anytime you need to!
Soon, we'll find out if they switched your motherboard for a cheaper one, or were just dumb/lazy and put in wrong BIOS model.
find
quote
#43
(06-21-2019, 04:33 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, you now have tools and proper files to recover anytime you need to!  
Soon, we'll find out if they switched your motherboard for a cheaper one, or were just dumb/lazy and put in wrong BIOS model.

GPU-Z still doesn't return any GPU except the Intel HD 4600. 
3DP Chip does detect the GTX 950m but says "No driver found" ... probably because it was running wrong BIOS and somehow half powered on?
find
quote
#44
This is to be expected, as mentioned that was still only your originally dumped BIOS, unedited, so same as what they wrongly recovered your system to originally, nothing is changed yet.
find
quote
#45
(06-21-2019, 02:09 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: This is to be expected, as mentioned that was still only your originally dumped BIOS, unedited, so same as what they wrongly recovered your system to originally, nothing is changed yet.

I'll be waiting when you have the original G550JX BIOS ready to program. Looking forward to hear from you ASAP. 

Thanks!
find
quote
#46
Here, this may loose your serial or LAN MAC ID, since you've not given me those I cannot confirm I've located them in your previous dumps. We can put it back in subsequent BIOS, but I need you to either give them to me or show me images of all the stickers in the system (back of case, inside back of case, on motherboard, on or around memory slots, under memory slots etc.)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...1603664565
find
quote
#47
(06-22-2019, 12:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Here, this may loose your serial or LAN MAC ID, since you've not given me those I cannot confirm I've located them in your previous dumps.  We can put it back in subsequent BIOS, but I need you to either give them to me or show me images of all the stickers in the system (back of case, inside back of case, on motherboard, on or around memory slots, under memory slots etc.)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...1603664565

My LAN MAC is 08-62-66-E2-EF-29.
I don't think there is any stickers left there. 

I'm going to try flashing this one today.

EDIT : it is already flashed, laptop already booted. ROG logo already back. Fingers crossed.
EDIT 2 : WHOA THE NVIDIA DRIVER INSTALLS! THANKS SO MUCH! Gonna check if I was able to use it on Davinci Resolve.
find
quote
#48
Thanks for MAC, I will check it all out, and send you new BIOS if I find this inside your old BIOS
Nope, that hex is not located in your original biosreg dump, its not in GbE region of your full programmer dump either (only 88:88:88:88:87:88 placeholder). This is for Ethernet LAN, and only Intel Gigabit LAN.

So if your Ethernet and or however you connect, WLAN etc, is all working now then those ID's must be stored on chip and not in BIOS except for I'm sure there was copies along with your UUID, serial etc in your original BIOS NVRAM before they erased all that for you Sad

Good to hear it's booting, ROG is back and drivers installing! This means they didn't switch out your hardware at least. See how dumb they are "You can't put back proper BIOS, that wont work" HA! My reply to that would have immediately been, why in the xxxx did you put in the wrong BIOS to begin with! Big Grin
find
quote
#49
(06-22-2019, 01:54 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks for MAC, I will check it all out, and send you new BIOS if I find this inside your old BIOS
Nope, that hex is not located in your original biosreg dump, its not in GbE region of your full programmer dump either (only 88:88:88:88:87:88 placeholder).  This is for Ethernet LAN, and only Intel Gigabit LAN.

So if your Ethernet and or however you connect, WLAN etc, is all working now then those ID's must be stored on chip and not in BIOS except for I'm sure there was copies along with your UUID, serial etc in your original BIOS NVRAM before they erased all that for you Sad

Good to hear it's booting, ROG is back and drivers installing!  This means they didn't switch out your hardware at least.  See how dumb they are "You can't put back proper BIOS, that wont work"  HA!  My reply to that would have immediately been, why in the xxxx did you put in the wrong BIOS to begin with! Big Grin

I really wanted to tell them this, but ... I'm not looking for a fight today. 
Btw, I'm going to PM you "something".
find
quote
#50
Just let everyone know anonymously on any/all review sites they have online Big Grin

I would have to fire, or "re-train" anyone on my BIOS team that did a BIOS recovery like that for you, even if they used the correct model BIOS, since they didn't transfer over your NVRAM and system details info (DMI data) = LAZY or Incompetent - they'd have to choose which they felt applied to them or their tech that day Big Grin probably both Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)